Author Topic: Return of Wild Bill and MicroProse  (Read 36039 times)

Offline Archie

• Zinc Member
Re: Return of Wild Bill and MicroProse
« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2019, 01:47:59 AM »
That's what i'm doing, waiting and counting the years.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2019, 01:55:47 AM »
That's what i'm doing, waiting and counting the years.

I, um, see. Carry on.  :D

Offline Archie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2019, 02:04:28 AM »
I, um, see. Carry on.  :D

Don't get me wrong, i'd love to see Aces High 2020 with latest graphics, flight model, damage model, physics, a subscription model that would allow in more players. Back in the GEnie times of Air Warrior the price at first was 36$ an hour that got cut later on to 18$ an hour to later 2$ an hour? After that we have the monthly subscription.....which today a flat subscription is also a thing of the past.
If Aces High had all that coming, i'd be excited it about it also, wouldn't you be? Like I've said i'm not particularly excited just about Warbirds, i'm excited about that -something- has finaly happened in this stale niche market.

If it would be Aces High or WW 2 ol coming with all the latest goodies and flashy stuff, i'd be all over them also !
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 02:08:08 AM by Archie »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2019, 02:40:26 AM »
>>>> I'd love to see Aces High 2020 with latest graphics, flight model, damage model, physics, a subscription model that would allow in more players <<<<

The graphics are fine (great detail for not dragging the fps).

What's wrong with the damage model and what game has better?

Same for the physics?

And a 'subscription model that would allow more players?' By that are you talking about FTP that bleeds players dry by charging $15-$100 per plane or vehicle or ship? That's until their parents find out how fast they racked up charges on the card. AH's sub model is reasonable and allows access the full plane/vehicle set (when perks are accrued). Most FTPs offer a monthly account option (probably because that option is still popular).

So if your imaginary WB 'improvement' cheer-leading has to include spurious AH bashing then you're actually revealing yourself to be nothing but a forum plant stirring up trouble. Also, your version of patience and backing off is rather bizarre.

Offline Archie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2019, 02:54:33 AM »
Hey hey I wish Aces High all the best  :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2019, 03:03:30 AM »
Hey hey I wish Aces High all the best  :aok

Stick with that for awhile. I give you a week.  :rofl

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2019, 05:32:04 AM »
Arlo i'm just a fan of WW2 games in general and not particularly Warbirds, it's just that Wild Bill seems to be the first out of involved parties in making the online ww2 games to be bringing his game into XXIst century.

Idk, they are keeping their development old school, shut down behind their doors and are only posting screenshots from time to time.

Old school? You just said they are breaking the mold going public with their code.

You should go take your meds as prescribed.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2019, 07:23:42 PM »
save have you bought the DCS 190 A8 yet?   

I'm DCS curious, but but I want scenariolike events with 100 of players, I wait.

I just bought Il2 Stalingrad at steam sale with La5 and 190a3 in it, and I also wait for next CLOD patch.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2019, 08:31:51 PM »
I'm DCS curious, but but I want scenariolike events with 100 of players, I wait.

I just bought Il2 Stalingrad at steam sale with La5 and 190a3 in it, and I also wait for next CLOD patch.

I have CLod Blitz.  There is a lot to like, but nowadays, no VR no deal.

They get VR and I'll be giving it some time.

:cheers:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2019, 04:28:25 AM »
I have CLod Blitz.  There is a lot to like, but nowadays, no VR no deal.

They get VR and I'll be giving it some time.

:cheers:

When VR gear go full 4k, and graphic cards deliver at least 75fps at reasonable price, I'm going VR.
Until then TrackIR works for me in all simulations I play (planes and tanks), even though it is not the same experience (been involved in military VR stuff with all the $$$ you need, so I know what it can do).
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Archie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2019, 01:09:02 AM »
Now it gets realy weird.... this David Lagettie is filling for Spectrum Holobyte trademark :O

https://trademarks.justia.com/880/42/spectrum-88042547.html

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2019, 08:54:39 AM »
Now it gets realy weird.... this David Lagettie is filling for Spectrum Holobyte trademark :O

https://trademarks.justia.com/880/42/spectrum-88042547.html

Filing for trademarks is easy. 

Finishing and releasing a polished game is hard.

October is getting closer fast.  We'll see what we see.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Archie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #162 on: July 21, 2019, 12:59:15 AM »
David has update on twitter, I wonder what MicroProse involvement is in this?

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2019, 01:35:19 AM »

And a 'subscription model that would allow more players?' By that are you talking about FTP that bleeds players dry by charging $15-$100 per plane or vehicle or ship? That's until their parents find out how fast they racked up charges on the card. AH's sub model is reasonable and allows access the full plane/vehicle set (when perks are accrued). Most FTPs offer a monthly account option (probably because that option is still popular).

But those games have millions of subscribers and thousands online at any given time.  If we accept that AH is much better than those games, perhaps the subscription model may be a factor?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2019, 12:01:59 PM »
But those games have millions of subscribers and thousands online at any given time.  If we accept that AH is much better than those games, perhaps the subscription model may be a factor?

I agree. New players come in try the game a realize that there is a lot to it, and then add in the monthly subscription and decide it just isnt worth their time to work it all out. Most of todays games have the "one time fee",or "Free to play, grind/pay for extras" type model. That is what most gamers are use to. I think switching to one of these models would help players stick it out longer...... long enough to get hooked. Sticking to an old subscription model just because its what you like isnt going to help if it doesnt work any more. Again, changing with the times is what will keep the game relevant enough to continue to bring in new players.

Many times Ive been told on these boards and in the game to either "adapt" to game changes or leave. Maybe its time management learns to adapt before everyone leaves.