Author Topic: Return of Wild Bill and MicroProse  (Read 36018 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Return of Wild Bill and MicroProse
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2019, 12:46:00 PM »
If AHIII switched to a 'free to play' model with micro-purchases to pay the bills (buy the plane you like to fly for a 'nominal' fee* or purchase perk points to play with the high end toys or pay to field mod, etc) then this game would likely  then and there run off its most loyal customer base in exchange for a revolving door that would likely peak then dwindle (if peak, at all). If it was to offer a duel payment option of either/or then the micro-purchase scheme by comparison to the reasonable monthly fee with access to all of the purchasable toys would make little sense unless the monthly fee is increased to be of only slightly discounted cost (see below).

Better to continue to offer a superior product while making whatever improvement in training wheels settings that the more casual/less addicted to realism player requires than just attempting to follow payment plans which, honestly, aren't the pure hallmark for success one may perceive (for there are other games that marketed themselves as FTP and still flopped).

*[WOW considers $10.00 for each junk plane and upwards of $50.00 for an x-plane with better but imaginary flight parameters their rightful micro products]

(My opinion of your opinion.)  :cheers:

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2019, 03:59:01 PM »
If AHIII switched to a 'free to play' model with micro-purchases to pay the bills (buy the plane you like to fly for a 'nominal' fee* or purchase perk points to play with the high end toys or pay to field mod, etc) then this game would likely  then and there run off its most loyal customer base in exchange for a revolving door that would likely peak then dwindle (if peak, at all). If it was to offer a duel payment option of either/or then the micro-purchase scheme by comparison to the reasonable monthly fee with access to all of the purchasable toys would make little sense unless the monthly fee is increased to be of only slightly discounted cost (see below).

Better to continue to offer a superior product while making whatever improvement in training wheels settings that the more casual/less addicted to realism player requires than just attempting to follow payment plans which, honestly, aren't the pure hallmark for success one may perceive (for there are other games that marketed themselves as FTP and still flopped).

*[WOW considers $10.00 for each junk plane and upwards of $50.00 for an x-plane with better but imaginary flight parameters their rightful micro products]

(My opinion of your opinion.)  :cheers:

I dont see why a dual payment option wouldnt work. It would keep the long time and new hard core players happy with the monthly subscription, and give the flexibility for new gamers to jump in and out at will.

The only thing that is guaranteed about staying the same is eventually the world passes you by. If the game isnt adjusted to appeal to todays gamers .....both in game play and subscription rates the game will continue to slowly drop away.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2019, 05:13:25 PM »
Dual payment may come down to what it costs Hitech to have a transaction processed. He is already paying Steam 30% I think for a new player subscribing or something like that to be  on Steam. If it's pay only when you want to play, what will it cost him to have that transaction processed versus his profit off a nickle and dime payment? Remember transaction companies want their percentage and it's no different than when it cost a company more to process your check than the item was worth for something less than $5.00. I doubt pay to win or pay only for the time you really want to play will bring in more customers and more likely would close Hitech's doors sooner than later with the MA format. But, the know alls seem to think Hitech has to kill the MA and create something like WT gets IL2 pregnant and PUBG becomes it's daddy.

Do any of you actually run online game businesses or, do you project your feelings by going company's B thru Z do x,y,z and have lots of kids playing while Hitech doesn't. So Hitech needs to do x,y,z like I have been telling him to. Or he is a fraud and a looser who is killing his company and I think he sucks becasue I know better than he does becasue I play other games and read about them on the Internet and he won't listen to me. So now I'm going to tell the world he doesn't know how to run his business in his face, in his forums, to shame him into doing what I "know" will save his business from his lame OLD self, becasue I know how to make his company work better than he does. This is pretty much what all of you drive by "Hitech sucks" shamers have been saying since about 2010 like a broken record. You all eased up with the AH3 roll out, then doubled down with more outright and personal denigration to his business character since.

Hitech has to solve his own problems, and you guys all now demand to help him by knee capping him just becasue you are so unhappy with him. Becasue your 20\20 hindsight is better than owning a business and knowing what for you talk about, since he has sinned by personally making you unhappy and is killing "Your Game". Did any of you ever think, it's his property if he wants to kill it? Who cares about your gripes. And with fans like you guys, I wouldn't blame him shutting down the whole enterprise and writing off all of your destructive negativity towards him. Who needs that since all of you have about declared his business dead short of filing an obituary and a death certificate. Now days it's kick Hitech in the teeth and tell the world how business stupid he is with any opening you can get here in the forums 24x7. Yeah, great bunch to create anything for....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2019, 05:10:36 PM »
bustr I know you have a vested interest in HT's current state but maybe less attachment might make for better conversation?

The thing is none of us can get through to HT on any topic it seems. He picks small ideas here and there and goes on his merry way. The community seems to be screaming for some sort of change and nothing appears.

Even advertising on smaller plane focused youtubers is not done, there is zero real exposure at the moment.

I really don't know what to say. None of us can get through to HT and I don't see that changing which is why some of us seem exited about Wild bill's game?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2019, 11:22:44 PM »
ROTFLMAO
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2019, 06:19:05 AM »
bustr I know you have a vested interest in HT's current state but maybe less attachment might make for better conversation?

The thing is none of us can get through to HT on any topic it seems. He picks small ideas here and there and goes on his merry way. The community seems to be screaming for some sort of change and nothing appears.

Even advertising on smaller plane focused youtubers is not done, there is zero real exposure at the moment.

I really don't know what to say. None of us can get through to HT and I don't see that changing which is why some of us seem exited about Wild bill's game?

All serious inquiries must be mailed to the company attached to a bottle of scotch.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2019, 12:36:19 PM »
All serious inquiries must be mailed to the company attached to a bottle of scotch.

Exactly.... this guarantees serious thought on your subject matter.

:aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2019, 09:08:18 PM »
The thing is none of us can get through to HT on any topic it seems.

My guess is that most of the changes suggested would change this game into something completely different.  And Hitech won't discuss it with you because every time he does people screaming at him about how wrong he is.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Archie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2019, 12:51:40 AM »
My guess is that most of the changes suggested would change this game into something completely different.  And Hitech won't discuss it with you because every time he does people screaming at him about how wrong he is.

It's understandable that this is HT game and AH is an extension of Air Warrior, but in todays times people want something more realistic, and by realistic I mean something that resembles world war 2.

Look at most recent flight sims from other companies, they are realistic in their approach in what they do.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2019, 07:21:06 AM »
It's understandable that this is HT game and AH is an extension of Air Warrior, but in todays times people want something more realistic, and by realistic I mean something that resembles world war 2.

Look at most recent flight sims from other companies, they are realistic in their approach in what they do.

Just when we think you can't be more clueless..... boom
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2019, 10:24:28 AM »

says the guy pushing a even less realistic game.  :rolleyes:
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2019, 12:20:32 AM »
I'm DCS curious, but but I want scenariolike events with 100 of players, I wait.

I just bought Il2 Stalingrad at steam sale with La5 and 190a3 in it, and I also wait for next CLOD patch.

I don't think we will ever have 100+ scenario events ever again  :cry

Stalingrad I didn't like for all the Heads up displays and felt arcadey compared to CLOD and DCS.   

I think for more mature crowds added realism can make up for the lower numbers providing there is still enough action to be had.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Archie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2019, 04:26:05 AM »
MicroProse posted image !

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #178 on: July 29, 2019, 11:40:14 AM »
Nugetx is that you again?

The polys in the first two screen shots will limit game play to about a 10milex10mile arena with 16-32 people on PC's. Unless those are for Mobile and consol. The last one is large poly that can support 100+ PC players and looks hokey like candy cream frosted mountains to accomplish it. Might account for the photoshopped screenshots you first presented. It also looks like an AI algorithm in each case like L3DT gives as a random mountain generation tool.

This is by human hand and will support 1000 PC players.

(Image removed from quote.)
and what is the use in being able to support 1000 when we don't see 200 id rather see something that looks more real then something that aint gonna happen like 1000 players
G3-MF

Offline Archie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2019, 01:08:38 AM »
Bill posted this without giving more info...... makes you wonder

:O