Author Topic: Really Strange!!  (Read 460 times)

Offline USBP1969

• Zinc Member
Really Strange!!
« on: June 16, 2019, 07:20:36 AM »
I have been flying and enjoying ‘Aces High” for many years.  I flew yesterday several times, but last night when I attempted to fly I was suddenly slammed to the top of my cockpit and couldn't get back down!!  Then, when I hit Exit the clip board the clip board suddenly dropped to the bottom of the page and then popped back up.  This now occurs both on and off line.

I copied my settings and skins to a new folder on the desk top and then re-downloaded the game twice with no change?

I would certainly appreciate any help y’all can provide.

Thanks,
-kent

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Really Strange!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 07:26:51 AM »
Do you have Win10? If they push an update it can screw you up until you reboot the PC.

Did you try to run AH without the old settings folder when you reinstalled the game?

Posting your dxdiag might help.

Offline USBP1969

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 08:22:27 AM »
Yes sir I used the original settings.  I am running Windows 7 Pro which has been working great for quite a while.  I will try putting my settings and skins in the trash box and then re-download AH again and see if that helps.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 08:57:54 AM »
Just rename the settings folder to see if that helps. If it helps then check your saved controller settings or reassign them from scratch.

No need to download the game again. The download isn't causing the problem, you had the problem already.

Offline USBP1969

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 10:25:51 AM »
Well - I bit the bullet, as they say, and after re-downloading another AH I dumped my old settings file and reassigned them all again. (I hope)

That seems to have cured the problem.  It’ll take a while for sure since my settings have been the ones that I have used since 1999 in Fighter Ace, WarBirds and Aces High.Thankfully the skins file could still be used.

I really want to thank you guys for your concern and your help help.   

Respectfully,
-kent

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 10:46:04 AM »
Glad you got it fixed.