Author Topic: Follow up on "Were did everyone go"?  (Read 10727 times)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
Re: Follow up on "Were did everyone go"?
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2019, 07:55:08 PM »
The above points being good ones, having FSO and Scenarios run into the ground was another killer and is showing with loses in the squads participating in FSO and lackluster involvement in the last few scenarios.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2019, 11:47:33 PM »
The above points being good ones, having FSO and Scenarios run into the ground was another killer and is showing with loses in the squads participating in FSO and lackluster involvement in the last few scenarios.

I am still having fun in fso and scenarios.  lots of players there.  not as many as before but considering the number of players logging in, i say it's not bad.

you can say not as many players as before and that would be true, saying running into the ground, well not actually acurate.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ULPink

• Copper Member
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2019, 01:53:45 PM »
I am 27, there are plenty of people out there who would like this game my age or older.  I have seem no marketing efforts at all anywhere.  Maybe we should post more videos.  Maybe change the trail model to allow people to play for free with spitfires, lancasters, panzers jeeps and m3s?  They will get addicted, want better planes and eventually pay.  The price is the highest I ave seen for any other gaming.  DCS does well just charging for planes.  I think they pre-sold a few million dollars worth of their new f-16c model that releases in September.  That game is always free to play and they have a lot of players buying planes.  It  would be hard for people with no experience flying PC games or real planes to learn this in just 30 days.    I had a few people help me get used to this game but I flew ww2 games already so the learning curve for me was more just how things work in here.  I have seen people help new players...and that was nice.  A few months of flying spitfires around, they will get used to it and want better planes.  Giving the 30 days to learn how to fly, fight and win, well that was a lot like the real deal in ww2 lol.  On the other hand...not having 50,000 people online but only 150 at a time, allows you to get to know everyone and makes a competitive community...just not a good biz model.

I have to say my grandfather played for awhile and was made to feel welcomed by some of the better players.  He flew Phantoms in Vietnam.  The veteran aces in here probably would have liked to talk to him and learn from him.  Instead, they said he was a liar and that he was really someone else. I get the same treatment at times but enjoy beating the best in here either because I am getting better or just not afraid to die trying and get lucky!

Check Six!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2019, 02:47:43 PM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2019, 07:12:58 AM »
I am 27, there are plenty of people out there who would like this game my age or older.  I have seem no marketing efforts at all anywhere.  Maybe we should post more videos.  Maybe change the trail model to allow people to play for free with spitfires, lancasters, panzers jeeps and m3s?  They will get addicted, want better planes and eventually pay.  The price is the highest I ave seen for any other gaming.  DCS does well just charging for planes.  I think they pre-sold a few million dollars worth of their new f-16c model that releases in September.  That game is always free to play and they have a lot of players buying planes.  It  would be hard for people with no experience flying PC games or real planes to learn this in just 30 days.    I had a few people help me get used to this game but I flew ww2 games already so the learning curve for me was more just how things work in here.  I have seen people help new players...and that was nice.  A few months of flying spitfires around, they will get used to it and want better planes.  Giving the 30 days to learn how to fly, fight and win, well that was a lot like the real deal in ww2 lol.  On the other hand...not having 50,000 people online but only 150 at a time, allows you to get to know everyone and makes a competitive community...just not a good biz model.

I have to say my grandfather played for awhile and was made to feel welcomed by some of the better players.  He flew Phantoms in Vietnam.  The veteran aces in here probably would have liked to talk to him and learn from him.  Instead, they said he was a liar and that he was really someone else. I get the same treatment at times but enjoy beating the best in here either because I am getting better or just not afraid to die trying and get lucky!

The most expensive big games on the market are so called free games.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: August 03, 2019, 08:33:26 AM »

Air Warrior and Fighter Ace are pretty cheap now.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #157 on: August 03, 2019, 09:11:42 AM »

They are only as expensive as the player makes them out to be. If some one wants to spend $300 a year to get all of the equipment piecemeal instead of spending $180 a year for the subscription why would HTC complain?

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2019, 09:18:24 PM »
Still here just busy with IRL
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2019, 10:16:04 PM »
I got married to a workaholic Chinese scientist, and if she saw me flying games, she'd probably leave me. But man I miss you all!!
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2019, 10:23:26 PM »
I got married to a workaholic Chinese scientist, and if she saw me flying games, she'd probably leave me. But man I miss you all!!

Don't we have AVG skins for the P-40?

- oldman

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2019, 02:46:02 AM »

- oldman

Yes, touch on her historic interest of WWII China!  :rofl
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2019, 08:04:21 AM »
I'm pw'ed, and if she saw me flying games, she'd probably leave me. But man I miss you all!!

Fixed, man card revoked.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2019, 09:54:55 AM »

- oldman

This was literally her face when I try bringing up super interesting WWII history

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 09:58:18 AM by warhed »
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2019, 10:33:08 AM »
This was literally her face when I try bringing up super interesting WWII history

My risk-gain analysis suggests that you should shut up about WWII.

- Oldman