Author Topic: 2019 Midway Film First Trailer!!!!!!!  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: 2019 Midway Film First Trailer!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2019, 10:27:12 AM »
What I really don't understand with CGI is, they can literally create anything, and we are so good at picking out movement that's against physics, you'd think the guys creating the tech or the artists using it could do better.

I'm not against CGI, I am just against bad CGI.

Wiley.

Boy oh boy is that not the truth.   RED TAILS was horrific the way the airplanes maneuvered.  (And the director was so arrogant: “I KNOW what dogfights look like.”) 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2019, 10:59:19 AM »
Boy oh boy is that not the truth.   RED TAILS was horrific the way the airplanes maneuvered.  (And the director was so arrogant: “I KNOW what dogfights look like.”)

One of my favorite quotes is, "Ever notice how when you see something in a movie or on TV you are somewhat knowledgeable about, they get a bunch of stuff wrong?  They are that wrong on EVERYTHING."

The thing that grinds my gears is, I could see a 1v1 duel in a movie with a rolling scissors being an intensely dramatic fight if it were shot right.  Have the two of them going back and forth on who was gaining advantage, maybe with a couple attempted snapshots just missing the other guy going both ways, finally ending in the hero getting a good crossing shot or getting the other guy's tail to put the bandit down.

Instead we get a slowly closing gunsight view on a non-maneuvering opponent, and they don't even pull lead when they kill him, or the kick-flip Indy the guy pulled in Redtails based on Candellaria's story.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2019, 11:24:18 AM »

Hollywood... Physics.  Movie deals.  Everything is negotiable.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2019, 11:33:26 AM »

Hollywood... Physics.  Movie deals.  Everything is negotiable.

It simply amazes me how, given all the options they have with the millions of dollars they have to throw around, they seem to choose the crappiest of all possible outcomes on an incredibly regular basis.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2019, 11:46:59 AM »
It simply amazes me how, given all the options they have with the millions of dollars they have to throw around, they seem to choose the crappiest of all possible outcomes on an incredibly regular basis.

Wiley.

Mostly.

I was watching this show on Amazon call The Expanse.  It was a decent show, but I was impressed that kept noticing a lot of little details someone obviously put a lot of thought into it to create a believable, reasonably realistic world.  99.9% of people probably never noticed the little details, but I appreciated their effort and their respect for the audiences intelligence.

:cheers:

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2019, 11:49:25 AM »
What I really don't understand with CGI is, they can literally create anything, and we are so good at picking out movement that's against physics, you'd think the guys creating the tech or the artists using it could do better.

I'm not against CGI, I am just against bad CGI.

Wiley.

DING DING DING exactly.

2001 A Space Odyssey all craftsman and no CGI. An amazing feat and great looks on the big screen.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2019, 11:54:47 AM »
Mostly.

I was watching this show on Amazon call The Expanse.  It was a decent show, but I was impressed that kept noticing a lot of little details someone obviously put a lot of thought into it to create a believable, reasonably realistic world.  99.9% of people probably never noticed the little details, but I appreciated their effort and their respect for the audiences intelligence.

:cheers:

Yeah.  There are exceptions.  I just think someone could do better.

I liked that show too for a lot of those little details.  Pretty good sci fi.  My favorite was the racer kid going through the ring.  The ship to ship battles were pretty good too.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2019, 11:58:07 AM »
 Any New film that excites those to the most epic battles in history is OK with me. What we need is a big AH add with the trailer.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2019, 11:59:36 AM »
Any New film that excites those to the most epic battles in history is OK with me. What we need is a big AH add with the trailer.

Absolutely.  Advertising will save us all.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2019, 02:38:12 PM »
DING DING DING exactly.

2001 A Space Odyssey all craftsman and no CGI. An amazing feat and great looks on the big screen.

Models are still able to deliver a depth of realism that CGI has never matched. 
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2019, 02:43:47 PM »
They make movies to to sell to the masses, not a niche group wanting historical accuracy.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2019, 03:17:07 PM »
They make movies to to sell to the masses, not a niche group wanting historical accuracy.

You can still achieve the former without needlessly sacrificing the latter, particularly simple physics.   
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2019, 04:57:26 PM »
You can still achieve the former without needlessly sacrificing the latter, particularly simple physics.   
The people creating the CGI aren’t worried about physics, does it look cool to the average movie goers. The average movie also doesn’t understand physics either, so they win.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2019, 05:06:07 PM »
The people creating the CGI aren’t worried about physics, does it look cool to the average movie goers. The average movie also doesn’t understand physics either, so they win.

You're likely right about CGI planes.  Airplane specific stuff aside though, the vast majority of things they do with CGI people or animals it acts like generally there's no inertia.  People are generally really attuned to the way things move, and when they don't move correctly, it's obvious.  Basically it's like the uncanny valley for movement.

It just seems to me if they're going to make a photorealistic cartoon move, it wouldn't take that tremendously much more to make it move correctly.

Gotta admit though, the de-aging stuff they've been doing lately has been pretty good.  Not perfect, but it's getting there.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2019, 09:59:56 PM »

Well, you can't fix stupid.    That's why I'll spend my hard earned money on a day at Enchanted Rock instead of this garbage.    The Buzzards are amazing fliers.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -