Author Topic: Recruiting Tag  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Who7

• Zinc Member
Recruiting Tag
« on: July 09, 2019, 04:43:12 PM »
I would like to see in the officers club under squads to have a box we can select that would put the word Recruiting at the end of our squad name.  That way we do not have to have to create a squad name that includes the word Recruiting.  And when we get full then we can just uncheck it and it falls off until the next time we are looking to recruit.

Is this possible?

Who7
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 05:21:06 PM by Who7 »

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: Recruiting Tag
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 06:15:47 PM »
+1 :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 08:06:39 PM »
think to change the code for such minor thing is a waste of time.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Who7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 08:27:00 PM »
Every time a new patch or update comes out, there is a change to the code. 

So why would it be a waste of time?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 08:53:06 PM »
Every time a new patch or update comes out, there is a change to the code. 

So why would it be a waste of time?

Value of the change. Players had no problem finding squads (recruiting or not) when I was first drawn to AW then AH. There are several methods that wouldn't require coders (or coder) to take away time from projects that actually improve the game.

One could post in the squad sub-forum (even if a new player recently decided not to because he thought the sub-forum was 'dead).

Of course one could even ask in a non-related sub-forum (which he or she did).

If a squad responds that they aren't currently interested in new members, many of them may recommend another squad (or squads), and often do.

Even asking on channel 200 is an option (as long as it doesn't become obnoxious non-stop spamming).

So, even if meant as a game improvement, HTC is apparently working on VR and it seems that is the most impressive addition to date, earning praise from returning vets. With the very small coding resources (time/personnel) he is currently working with maybe its time we back off from recommending new great ideas that are basically a waste of time, by comparison, and tune in to what he spends his time on that works. I'm considering making my next monitor VR goggles.  :salute :cheers:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 10:09:16 PM »
Post in squad forums if you are looking for a squad.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 06:12:13 AM »

That's a question that only HTC can answer.  But if it isn't too difficult, why not implement it?

- oldman

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 06:27:57 PM »
Nice idea.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 06:04:59 PM »

semp

No, it wouldn't be a waste of time, nor difficult to add.  Giving the squadrons the option to enable a recruiting tag at the end of their squadron name would be a beneficial quality of life addition to the game.  It would also make it easier for players, especially new players, to find and join a squadron.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 03:49:31 PM »
No, it wouldn't be a waste of time, nor difficult to add.  Giving the squadrons the option to enable a recruiting tag at the end of their squadron name would be a beneficial quality of life addition to the game.  It would also make it easier for players, especially new players, to find and join a squadron.

Adding recruring at the end of the squad name serves the same purpose and it only takes 4 second to do it.  Adding a flag would only save 2 or 3 seconds. Waste of code time I think.

Semp

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 08:34:51 PM »
Adding recruring at the end of the squad name serves the same purpose and it only takes 4 second to do it.  Adding a flag would only save 2 or 3 seconds. Waste of code time I think.

Semp

I am glad you don't make games for a living.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 11:55:42 AM »
I am glad you don't make games for a living.

Sorry master please enlighten me.  Since I joined the game have seen many, many squads have recruiting at the end of the squad name. And it only take a few seconds to do it.  I don't see how adding a box, move things around so it fits, will be any different than typing.

Semp

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 01:57:29 PM »
If adding or subtracting the tag "recruiting" by hand does not effect the squad's membership like disbanding a squad, have we become this lazy? How long does it take to type "recruiting" or delete it from the squad name on the details GUI for the squad. Then it is a small amount of code to add a checkbox and a single word auto text alias tag to the detail GUI.

****Ack-Ack**** - Recruiting

[X] - enable\disable recruiting tag.

Maybe Hitech has never thought about this one or, as he created the squad details GUI he did then rejected adding it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2019, 09:41:51 AM »
I'm HiJacking this thread--Bustr have you posted any photos of your latest map-you said somewhere it was close to being done
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 11:43:36 AM »

That's a question that only HTC can answer.  But if it isn't too difficult, why not implement it?

- oldman

I think that this is a good idea!

Since the "Squadron Name" text box is limited to a certain amount of key strokes,  not having the toggle check box to check to add "NOW RECRUITING" at the end (or even at the beginning) of the Squadron Name would hamper some squads when they go in to manually edit their "Squadron Name" to where they would not have enough characters left to include the "NOW RECRUITING" tag...

+1 for this GUI setting/checkbox/feature

To add to this option, maybe even have it to where if a Squadron has the checkbox ☑ toggled to show that they are recruiting, have it to where the "NOW RECRUITING" is highlighted  to where it stands out  both on the Roster and in the text buffer when a squad member lands with 2(+) kills or with bombing damage points, etc....

Just a thought / suggestion

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC