Author Topic: blue screen on start up  (Read 430 times)

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
blue screen on start up
« on: July 12, 2019, 06:55:05 AM »
well blue window,  uninstalled a 6+ year old version that did work on this puter, but installed new over updating the old, ive got audio but no video, win 7 pro 64 bit, did the compatibility for win 7,  uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck on the video, dont know what else to do here
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: blue screen on start up
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 07:24:42 AM »
Post your DXdiag. 

The blue screen is only when you start AH3?

I assume the older version worked but would not connect now.

Did you copy your settings folder? You can't use an old settings folder with the newer version, but you can use the jsm files.

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 07:48:49 AM »
yes when i start AH3,  dont have an account anymore so i didnt try to connect with the older version,  no i didnt copy any old folders didnt even think about that.
as for posting the DXdiag ive never had a problem with this game running to even know how to post that, or maby i did at one time,  im 52 now and spend alot of time looking for my coffee cup, LOL  they say putting memory foam in the in the shoes helps but i think its all a scam  :D
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 08:13:21 AM »
I'm 64, 52 is a youngster.  What were we talking about?  :headscratch:   :D

Check the minimum requirements for AH3 and compare them to your computer. Particularly the video card. AH3 needs a stronger video card than AH2.

For the dxdiag (Start->Run->DXDIAG) in Windows will create a text file you can attach or copy paste. Usually only the first couple of pages are needed.

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 08:42:57 AM »
DXDIAG brought up the attachments below,
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 08:57:32 AM »
I see that your video card just misses the minimum specification but it looks like you have two? Do you have SLI?

There's a save all information option for a text file that has more information. You don't need a screen shot.

IF you only tried the DX11 version try starting the DX9 version, AH3 has both.

Also you can try a newer video driver. Load just the new driver, do a custom install and skip everything you don't need, to save resources.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 09:40:52 AM by FLS »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 10:03:48 AM »
Supposedly there's only one video card but it has two outputs. Nevertheless, it's well below the minimum.

Chrish483, instead of sending screenshots, use the Save all information button and attach the txt file it creates. There's a ton more information.

Other than the video card, your computer is very well equipped for AH3.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 10:17:36 AM »
The MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Ti is $270 at Amazon. There are cheaper cards if that's too steep and it may be more than needed. Brooke has posted options in the Hardware section.

You want to look at your monitor's native resolution, if it's on the low side you don't need as powerful a card, but  leave some overhead for eye candy and frame rate in busy large fights.