Author Topic: Never Saw This Coming  (Read 1843 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Never Saw This Coming
« on: July 27, 2019, 01:43:27 PM »
Just a couple of years before hitting the big 50.  Waking up at 0400 to be at work at 0600, it's just not as easy when I was in my 20s.  Never became a coffee drinker, nor jumped into the energy drink craze.  Always been a lifelong Pepsi drinker.  What did I just discover that will wake me up beyond description.

COKE!!!!!

I get a 1 liter bottle of coke from the c-store at 0500 and man, I don't get the drowsiness. 

Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Never Saw This Coming
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 01:46:34 PM »
Wait, you get in by the BOTTLE?

*sniff*

:bolt:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 04:02:28 PM »
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 06:38:03 PM »
Pepsi is artificial cola, coke uses real cola.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 10:44:29 PM »
Both flavors use HFCS instead of natural sugar. If you insist on drinking soda then you might consider buying Mexican coke instead. HFCS is a Frankenstein sugar. Europe, for one, has already banned HFCS as has most of Asia where the battle is still ongoing. It's just a matter of time before HFCS impacts your health this late in life.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 11:14:24 PM »
ROFL

This new video/songI just recently saw ran across sounds like your thing.....

https://youtu.be/0hh974VZjNs       Enjoy.....

Haha

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 12:04:54 AM »
Both flavors use HFCS instead of natural sugar. If you insist on drinking soda then you might consider buying Mexican coke instead. HFCS is a Frankenstein sugar. Europe, for one, has already banned HFCS as has most of Asia where the battle is still ongoing. It's just a matter of time before HFCS impacts your health this late in life.
Yup, its nasty stuff from what I have read about it. :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 12:24:02 AM »
Mexican coke is fantastic and so is the soda.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2019, 12:44:22 AM »

:rofl  :aok

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 05:07:26 AM »
Mexican coke is fantastic and so is the soda.

:rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2019, 07:31:53 AM »

You have empirical data to support that?
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2019, 01:16:23 PM »
Well the coca cola recipe is a trade secret but. There is only one company in the USA that processes coca leaves. They extract the cocaine for pharmaceutical purposes and they sell the leaves to coca cola.

If you're looking for high caffeine content and you don't mind loosing teeth (google Mountain Dew mouth) mountain dew has the highest caffeine of all the mainstream pop.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 01:21:45 PM by FLOOB »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2019, 03:13:52 PM »
they don't use coca leaf and haven't for decades. One of the company heirs released the original formula a few years back, as well as the last formula to use bittering and real cane sugar (unprocessed). Someone made a YT video about it. You will not believe how much sugar went into it.

One of the only reasons that they use HFCS is the high cost of sugar (which is protected under U.S. law). HFCS also allows them to use more salt, which causes you to drink more in the never ending cycle of cravings.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2019, 06:22:57 PM »
Get some caffeine tablets and crush them up into a fine powder and stir it into the coke.

DONT snort it.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2019, 07:36:49 PM »
they don't use coca leaf and haven't for decades. One of the company heirs released the original formula a few years back, as well as the last formula to use bittering and real cane sugar (unprocessed). Someone made a YT video about it. You will not believe how much sugar went into it.

One of the only reasons that they use HFCS is the high cost of sugar (which is protected under U.S. law). HFCS also allows them to use more salt, which causes you to drink more in the never ending cycle of cravings.
You sure about that? A quick search lead me to a few articles stating that Stepan was still supplying Coca~Cola with leaves into the 2000s.