Author Topic: Just an observation  (Read 5487 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Just an observation
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2019, 02:18:20 PM »
The galaxy is on Orion’s Belt/belt.   Everyone knows that.   :old:
:aok ALL Hale,V. The bringer of light. V, the giver of skins. :old: Uh, gonna shut that locker now :D
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2019, 02:22:53 PM »
Lol!
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2019, 12:06:04 PM »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2019, 08:58:34 PM »
Was the downtime today to add the meteor shower? :-)

I jest, but a little fun in the sky showing up once in a while could be fun... Maybe the Enterprise showing up?? (wasnt their and episode where they time traveled back to WWII?)

Todd

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2019, 10:34:40 PM »
Was the downtime today to add the meteor shower? :-)

I jest, but a little fun in the sky showing up once in a while could be fun... Maybe the Enterprise showing up?? (wasnt their and episode where they time traveled back to WWII?)

Todd

We used to have a UFO. Also a giant beer bottle and an octopus.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 02:20:17 AM »
It was a squid...a giant squid 🦑

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2019, 12:26:33 PM »

Ahhh yesssssssssss
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2019, 02:21:04 PM »

Be quiet Ahab.   :banana:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2019, 04:59:40 PM »
Enterprise did not travel back in time to nazi Germany, they went to a planet that had bases their society on the nazi society. ( I used the little n on purpose)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2019, 06:23:30 PM »
Enterprise did not travel back in time to nazi Germany, they went to a planet that had bases their society on the nazi society. ( I used the little n on purpose)
Think he was referring to "Final Countdown" Movie :aok Well that was Nimitz so maybe not :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2019, 09:22:38 PM »

Assignment: Earth Was the episode where they traveled back to the 60s

Patterns of Force Was the episode where Kirks old professor creates a society based on the Nazi's

The other time they went back in time was the movie "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home" where they had to save the whales.

So Im a bit of a Trekkie  :P

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2019, 09:43:23 PM »
The Naked Time: Kirk orders Scott to make a full-power restart of the warp engines, a dangerous process that mixes matter and antimatter in a cold state to create a controlled implosion and drive the ship away from the planet. This is suggested by a theory postulating a relationship between time and antimatter, but it has never before been attempted. The restart is successful, propelling the Enterprise at impossible speed away from the planet into a space-time warp that sends the ship back 71 hours in time. While Kirk hopes reliving the last three days is nothing like what they have already experienced, Spock comments that they now know a way to travel back through time. Kirk's response is "We may risk it someday, Mr. Spock."

Tomorrow Is Yesterday: In the episode, the crew of the USS Enterprise travels back to 1960s Earth, however an accident occurs and they must correct damage to the timeline.

The City on the Edge of Forever: In the episode, after a heavily medicated Doctor Leonard McCoy (DeForest Kelley) travels back in time and changes history, Captain Kirk (William Shatner) and Spock (Leonard Nimoy) follow him to correct the timeline. In doing so, Kirk falls in love with Edith Keeler (Joan Collins), but realizes that in order to save his future, he must allow her to die.

Assignment: Earth: Engaged in "historical research", the Enterprise travels back through time to 1968 Earth, where they encounter an interstellar agent planning to intervene in 20th-century events. Kirk and Spock are uncertain of his motives.

All Our Yesterdays: In the episode, Captain Kirk, Spock and Dr. McCoy are trapped in two timeframes of another planet's past.
It guest-stars Mariette Hartley as Zarabeth and Ian Wolfe as Mr. Atoz. The title comes from a soliloquy given by Macbeth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's just TOS. I'm a Trekkie, too, but ST's forays into time travel were a bit much.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2019, 10:20:00 PM »
that cant be confirmed until the new telescope goes up in Hawaii.  not that it will as I dont think it should be built there. 

semp
  can you shoot those stars, can they shoot at you-can you fly them? can you drive them, can they be shot down.
when I joined in 08-09 we didn't have night except on Christmas eve.

so what difference does it make that stuff in the currant in game night time may be off- when I'm flying around in the limited amount of night time I'm not looking at stars.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2019, 10:25:13 PM »
Hate to burst your bubble but the constellation Orion is an optical illusion created by the sub-consciousness for maintaining the concept that all things matter and have a point to the chaos and order of the observable universe.  In reality, each of the individual stars that comprise the "artistic pose' of a hunter shooting an apple are at considerable varying light year distances that the ancient civilizations couldn't know thinking that all the pinsalamanders were of equal distance.

When you see any discrepancies of the placement of the individual stars, that is mainly due to the gravitational shears of nearby black holes causing lensing effects.  Plus, there is vast amounts of gaseous nebulae that can distort the view from an atmosphere that contains more of those gaseous clouds from the water cycle of evaporation.  Just to be complete with more causes of distortion, restaurants that cook and serve bean recipes and foods enable customers to release more gaseous exhaust into the thin atmosphere.

Glad you are keeping on top of things.  The lizard people in the center of the Earth will be presenting you an award for keeping the Flat Earthers safe in their cocoons.

Remember, this is a secret.  Don't tell your spotted plants.

I had a lot of gas today-ate too much cheese yesterday
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2019, 11:27:45 PM »
  can you shoot those stars, can they shoot at you-can you fly them? can you drive them, can they be shot down.
when I joined in 08-09 we didn't have night except on Christmas eve.

so what difference does it make that stuff in the currant in game night time may be off- when I'm flying around in the limited amount of night time I'm not looking at stars.

what makes you think I said that sir and please dont reply my guess would be scotch.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.