Author Topic: VR Player Base is Really Growing  (Read 638 times)

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
VR Player Base is Really Growing
« on: August 01, 2019, 08:06:50 AM »
I see a huge potential for bringing VR players to Aces High. I think the focus for New Players would be Ground Vehicles, Bombing and Gunning and not so much Fighters. People new to VR are looking for something to play with their headsets but they are gonna need to be able to use their controllers or the mouse in the beginning. I'm just started looking at this part of the sim and it looks pretty good. An interactive training flight with Voice Training would be the way to get them started or the same with Tanks etc. They are gonna need to play for free offline to get them hooked and then the ones that want to go multiplayer would be better off having the option to buy a one time fee for a plane or tank, etc. or pay the monthly fee (they will resist that at first)  Its so easy to buy games or addons on the VR sites that I think nothing of spending 20 dollars for one. Once they learn offline let them buy a 'A20' bombers for $4.99 and go online and bomb real people or shoot them down with their guns and gunners in the main Arena.  Right now I am wanting to play around with Gunning on a bombers but I need to set up the controls for it. So a way to help them with that is the priority and the same with the bombsite stuff. I play DCS and IL2 but mostly offline fighting the drones but I always come to Aces High for multiplayer because of the people and competition. I've done the Free 'Flight to Berlin' on the Occulus sim site and it was pretty neat. I can't see it hurting the game if say 100 new players come in and use their purchased planes to get started and having their buddies be part of the crew for gunning and stuff would be fun.

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
Re: VR Player Base is Really Growing
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 09:47:42 PM »
Been thinking about It a lot today. Gunning on a bomber would be the first game I would sell on the VR site with Occulus or Steam. your one of the gunners on a bomber being attacked by hordes of fighters. Using some form of Achievement system would be advisable. Have missions where u advance to the next when you finish a mission. Could base them on skill level. I thought a lot today about what would want someone to learn to bomb and its seems Secondary to the Gunning. Bombing would also need to have an achievement system. Thiers gonna be big money made in VR in the next few years because of how the payment system is setup. When im on the VR site all I have to do is select buy because they already have my card indo its that easy. I would like to see Aces High to put out an Offline Sim doing what I mentioned that cost less than 20 dollars. I think it would be a success and gear it to the new Valve index VR because its goin got dominate the market.

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 03:28:56 AM »
Been thinking about It a lot today. Gunning on a bomber would be the first game I would sell on the VR site with Occulus or Steam. your one of the gunners on a bomber being attacked by hordes of fighters. Using some form of Achievement system would be advisable. Have missions where u advance to the next when you finish a mission. Could base them on skill level. I thought a lot today about what would want someone to learn to bomb and its seems Secondary to the Gunning. Bombing would also need to have an achievement system. Thiers gonna be big money made in VR in the next few years because of how the payment system is setup. When im on the VR site all I have to do is select buy because they already have my card indo its that easy. I would like to see Aces High to put out an Offline Sim doing what I mentioned that cost less than 20 dollars. I think it would be a success and gear it to the new Valve index VR because its goin got dominate the market.

Interesting you should say that...I have recently joined a project set to release next march.. One of its functions is to provide interface that allows creatives to plug their game into the ecosystem...
I'm hoping to convince Dale to let me get ahold of WOP and start running "shark Tanks"

Beachhead.com  check it out

Offline BTPommyB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 03:22:04 AM »
I had not flown bombers since I got my Vive Pro. Figures it was impossible when you can't see the keyboard.
But I have programmed Voice Attack for calibration.
Enjoying bombers again. Prolly better than pressing keys anyway.