Author Topic: One day only -- Battle of Britain Aug 31. Fly in glory!  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
One day only -- Battle of Britain Aug 31. Fly in glory!
« on: August 04, 2019, 01:05:26 AM »
Time for glorious flying in Battle of Britain.

August 31st.

It's a magnificent 12-hour battle, and you can fly in any part of that you want.

If you are going to fly in it, please register so that we know how many are there:
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/target-for-today/current-or-next

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: One day only -- Battle of Britain Aug 31. Fly in glory!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 03:20:07 AM »
Are we there,yet?  :neener: CANT WAIT! Its gonna be "bitter sweet" for me. As this was the last Event, in which I got to fly with PIPZ! Eh..pretty sure he would be upset with me, if I wussed out! Hey, at least I could sort of make it a "tribute flight". This ones for you BUD!!!  :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 03:23:59 AM »
Question for you Brooke. I am registered for these events under my "normal" User Name/email account. Being said...I fly with the UL,s for these events. I failed to inquire before this last scenario. What should I do to insure I am in UL's Uniform? Cant wait for this one!! Most fun/lasting memories I have in this game :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 09:54:41 AM »
You'll get invited to your BOB squad before the event starts. Your BOB squad leader has to issue the invite.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 01:12:27 PM »
Spar, I suggest contacting the UL's to ensure that they are participating and to determine which squadron they will be registering as. As of now, there is an open Hurricane squadron and an open 109E squadron. Perhaps they would like to fill one of those. If they decide not to fly, I hope that you still do. We have plenty of great options for everyone.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 06:38:52 PM »
Spar, I suggest contacting the UL's to ensure that they are participating and to determine which squadron they will be registering as. As of now, there is an open Hurricane squadron and an open 109E squadron. Perhaps they would like to fill one of those. If they decide not to fly, I hope that you still do. We have plenty of great options for everyone.
Yes they/and I will be there. I have an account I fly with for UL Squad stuff, but I was registered in Special Events as BW1stpar...need to be under the ULcapkid. Since I only have 1 email account(the one on registration) I wasnt able to register as ULcapkid. Should have been clearer in my question I guess...damn Wild Turkey lol

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 09:58:41 PM »
No problem being registered that way. No need for any change.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 11:40:59 PM »
i'll be there along with some of the pigs, i think.  i just dont want to register but I'll be a walk on most of the game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 01:19:04 AM »
Ok...one more question. Scenario before last, I had registered Allies but was swapped to Axis(thanks Perd). There was/seemed some animus...maybe to strong a term, but was concern that I had read allied plans. Noone really gave me grief over it...just dont want it to happen again  :uhoh Would you guys have a problem with me registering for a SPIT,now, just to lock in my "preferred" and then if the UL's sign up...I fly with them IF they take a 109 Squadron? Pretty sure the may pick Hurris over the 109...but just incase they dont want either of these..I can still fly with the spit? If its the SLIGHTEST issue, just let me know.  :rock

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 01:39:16 AM »
i'll be there along with some of the pigs, i think.  i just dont want to register but I'll be a walk on most of the game.

semp

If you will fly in it, please go ahead and register.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 01:40:43 AM »
Would you guys have a problem with me registering for a SPIT,now, just to lock in my "preferred" and then if the UL's sign up...I fly with them IF they take a 109 Squadron?

Is fine currently.

Once teams start discussing strategy in their side forum, that's when they get nervous about guys switching sides.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 04:50:27 AM »
Ok...one more question. Scenario before last, I had registered Allies but was swapped to Axis(thanks Perd). There was/seemed some animus...maybe to strong a term, but was concern that I had read allied plans. Noone really gave me grief over it...just dont want it to happen again  :uhoh Would you guys have a problem with me registering for a SPIT,now, just to lock in my "preferred" and then if the UL's sign up...I fly with them IF they take a 109 Squadron? Pretty sure the may pick Hurris over the 109...but just incase they dont want either of these..I can still fly with the spit? If its the SLIGHTEST issue, just let me know.  :rock

You mean they will not sign up with you? Signup and recruit them to the side you pick.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2019, 03:04:36 PM »
You mean they will not sign up with you? Signup and recruit them to the side you pick.
Yes, they will fly with me :aok That being said, we wanted spits(dont say it  :rofl), and they got full quick. SO...that may be an issue. Probably not..but wanted a back up plan. They all have lives and cant say for sure if they can be there. I on the other hand, have only AcesHigh :D just wanted to insure that everyone was OK with this situation. It came up before and dont want to ruffle feathers  :uhoh

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2019, 03:20:45 PM »

FLY AXIS!!!  :aok :aok :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.