Author Topic: It's new home  (Read 8716 times)

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
Re: It's new home
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2019, 07:44:40 PM »
One of my certifications is HVAC.

Was that before or after the Proctology Diploma?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2019, 09:55:16 PM »
Was that before or after the Proctology Diploma?

I have had a BS in BS almost from birth. :joystick:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2019, 01:46:36 PM »
My company's computer center(s) rooms for blade servers are so cold you have icicle hanging from your private parts area, when you go out  :old:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2019, 02:17:01 PM »
 :rock

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2019, 03:18:25 AM »
We had a case of "whats this button do?" at work yesterday, some sparkie triggered the gas fire suppression system which also pops all the electrical circuits to protect our servers. For some unknown reason it locked the power out for several hours! Had a nice afternoon off. Apparently the gas refill is not cheap.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2019, 09:22:29 AM »
You could get one of those fancy inline rack style cooling system. Slides right in the server rack. Just had one installed at the local hospitals IT room. A couple of them took care of their entire room.

But I’d imagine In your case you are fine unless the primary unit went down. Look into Ductless mini splits. Insane humidity and temperature control. I recommend Mitsubishi or LG. Really really cost effective on your energy bill not so much on upfront cost sadly.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2019, 10:03:37 AM »
That's what I'm using a Mitsubishi 15000 BTU mini split. We used the same type in our previous server room.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2019, 11:26:49 AM »
Great choice. Did you happen to clean the Condenser this summer?  ;)

The Few

-Spek

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2019, 11:40:02 AM »
Great choice. Did you happen to clean the Condenser this summer?  ;)
Brand new unit as of July.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2019, 09:00:26 PM »
That computer is our virtual universe? Crazy! I wish I had more time to fly. Sigh...

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2019, 01:12:02 PM »
Brand new unit as of July.

You should be good! Don’t forget cleaning for winter is important too! But if it’s that new you outta be good

The Few

-Spek

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2022, 09:24:57 AM »
Sorry for the bump, but this came up in conversation during our group's bombing run last night. I had to search here this morning for the (old) news..

I was away during all of this (I'm just catching up on the doings over the past three years I was abroad), so my first reaction was one of disappointment, a little sadness, but it's also understandable given how things have gone.

Man, I really hope this game doesn't fizzle out, but as I said to my squaddie, it seems us older farts (50's & up now) are a dying breed. Approaching 50 myself, and I remember subscribing when I was in my very early 30's.

I just kind of sigh and hope for the best. Other games aren't as free-form and just don't cut it for me, really.  :cry

EGG
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2022, 01:07:07 PM »
Sorry for the bump, but this came up in conversation during our group's bombing run last night. I had to search here this morning for the (old) news..

I was away during all of this (I'm just catching up on the doings over the past three years I was abroad), so my first reaction was one of disappointment, a little sadness, but it's also understandable given how things have gone.

Man, I really hope this game doesn't fizzle out, but as I said to my squaddie, it seems us older farts (50's & up now) are a dying breed. Approaching 50 myself, and I remember subscribing when I was in my very early 30's.

I just kind of sigh and hope for the best. Other games aren't as free-form and just don't cut it for me, really.  :cry

EGG

Well, Egg, if it makes you feel better, I subscribed last month. I'm actually a high school student (Air Force cadet), and after furballing offline with AIs on and off for several months I finally subscribed. So, there's at least one fresh pilot, if that makes ya feel any better!  :airplane:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2022, 05:16:21 AM »
I built the room the room off my house this  summer. (I found out I hate laying tile) Needed it's own air condition plus security features.
Our previous server room was the same length but twice as wide.

HiTech

Install a mini-split A/C unit

And nobody likes installing tile. Nobody
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys