Author Topic: Two Country Sides or Auto Kick inactive players in the tower  (Read 8495 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Two Country Sides or Auto Kick inactive players in the tower
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2019, 11:16:08 PM »
He talks about it here....

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,362537.msg4823819.html#msg4823819

Personally I think there are ways to make it work, its just coading after all.

In the Battlefield series, you will get kicked off a server if idle too long. 
Somehow them implementing that didn't cause the Universe to implode.

It's enough time for me to take a bathroom break and go to the kitchen and get a beer.

If I get distracted in the kitchen making myself an 8 inch tall Dagwood sandwich,  then I might find myself kicked when I get back.

Seems reasonable. 

At least I still have the sandwich.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 11:39:08 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2019, 12:11:22 AM »

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,362537.msg4823819.html#msg4823819

Yep.   I agree.  It can be done.   I think you could just turn one country off and adjust the ENY values et al. to compensate.   It would take some work, but it is doable. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2019, 01:35:02 AM »
I wouldn't explain anything either because when he has, then everything he says gets nitpicked to death until he's right back at just saying "no".

It's ok to ask questions I believe but it's not ok to "demand" an answer, or throw a fit when you don't get one.  It's ok to discuss these things here but it sucks having to listen to 200 to the constant whining about the game, the game play, the "sky is falling" crap, WHILE PLAYING THE GAME for crying out loud.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2019, 03:28:59 AM »
It is important to survey the situation before switching sides.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2019, 08:33:56 AM »
about kicking players out after 15 minutes, think twice.  I once drove an m3 for 20 to 30 minutes to a base from a port.  then waited about another 20 to 30 minutes for base to be clear, when it was clear, i finally turned on the engine and took the base.  also had a squadie in an m3 a couple of days ago, he was there for maybe an hour.  they put up a big defense with tanks, planes.  we finally decided to give up as town still wasnt down but buildings were gonna pop in a few minutes and we had no time to come back fast.  we still had a couple of friendly planes and a few of theirs so we just decided to stay there and die.  to everybody's surprise the squadie took down a building and wf it in his m3 and let the troops go, we took it.

hitech already gave a good explanation why it doesnt make sense to waste time on coading to kick players that are in tower for a period of time.  it was a very simple explanation, but it was picked apart because some players didnt accept it.  and that's the reason it keeps coming back time after time.

same reason why we dont have a two sided war.  somebody posted that it's a problem when 2 countries gang on another and hord it.  well what do you think will happen in a 2 sided war, there's always gonna be one or the other country hording and eny will probably be higher than it is now, to make it unplayable.  the same player answer well we have hordes now, true, but then come up with a better excuse.  or make a 2 sided map like in the AvA.

as for smaller maps, think small pizza.  stratts are so close to the front that they are normally down. so let's move it to the back, well how far back, it's a small map.

anyway, whatever. this thread reminds me of the bring back the H2H arenas, hitech already mention at least a dozen times that we do have them.  and yet it keeps popping up, bring them back, and hitech keeps saying but we have them.  and then you wonder why he hardly posts an answer.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2019, 08:43:04 AM »

...in order to work around the flaws of a 3-sided arena.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 08:54:19 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2019, 09:29:56 AM »
Maybe always allow people to switch to the low sided team and  ot be restricted by the side switch time limit (unless going to the high side).

I still think 3 sides is the way to go to keep the gameplay dynamics from being static.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2019, 10:27:53 AM »
Id like to see something done, ANYTHING done. Last night I logged in twice. Bish and Rooks had an ENY of 10-12 both times. Rooks had a double bar trying to take a Bish base, bish had a single bar. No fights on the Knit/rook front, no fight on the bish/knit front. Bish and Rooks had equal numbers according to the roster yet they were out numbered 2 and 3 to 1 at the field the rooks were trying to take.

So my options were...

... to be under the horde in midwar planes, or play by myself on the bish/knit front as a bish

..switch to rooks and part of the horde or play by myself on the rook/knit front

...switch to knits and play by myself on either front. 

As I said, I logged in twice, and logged out both times.

Please Hitech, do something!

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2019, 01:54:23 PM »

Am still reading but we are discussing two totally different arenas at this point in time. A lot has changed in the arena game plays in 5 years

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2019, 01:55:02 PM »
I wouldn't explain anything either because when he has, then everything he says gets nitpicked to death until he's right back at just saying "no".

It's ok to ask questions I believe but it's not ok to "demand" an answer, or throw a fit when you don't get one.  It's ok to discuss these things here but it sucks having to listen to 200 to the constant whining about the game, the game play, the "sky is falling" crap, WHILE PLAYING THE GAME for crying out loud.

Turn off 200. Game play is much better I hear.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2019, 01:56:53 PM »

Would be easier if there were different colored dars. I have swapped many times thinking there was a hell of a fight on the other front only to guess wrong and like trips said. THEN YOU STUCK FOR 6 hours.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2019, 01:59:40 PM »
about kicking players out after 15 minutes, think twice.  I once drove an m3 for 20 to 30 minutes to a base from a port.  then waited about another 20 to 30 minutes for base to be clear, when it was clear, i finally turned on the engine and took the base.  also had a squadie in an m3 a couple of days ago, he was there for maybe an hour.  they put up a big defense with tanks, planes.  we finally decided to give up as town still wasnt down but buildings were gonna pop in a few minutes and we had no time to come back fast.  we still had a couple of friendly planes and a few of theirs so we just decided to stay there and die.  to everybody's surprise the squadie took down a building and wf it in his m3 and let the troops go, we took it.

hitech already gave a good explanation why it doesnt make sense to waste time on coading to kick players that are in tower for a period of time.  it was a very simple explanation, but it was picked apart because some players didnt accept it.  and that's the reason it keeps coming back time after time.

same reason why we dont have a two sided war.  somebody posted that it's a problem when 2 countries gang on another and hord it.  well what do you think will happen in a 2 sided war, there's always gonna be one or the other country hording and eny will probably be higher than it is now, to make it unplayable.  the same player answer well we have hordes now, true, but then come up with a better excuse.  or make a 2 sided map like in the AvA.

as for smaller maps, think small pizza.  stratts are so close to the front that they are normally down. so let's move it to the back, well how far back, it's a small map.

anyway, whatever. this thread reminds me of the bring back the H2H arenas, hitech already mention at least a dozen times that we do have them.  and yet it keeps popping up, bring them back, and hitech keeps saying but we have them.  and then you wonder why he hardly posts an answer.

semp

I understand I have seen guys do that. And if you get a pop up warning stating if you don’t move in 3 mins you will be kicked. And it can be as simple as moving a turret gun. You don’t have to crank up and drive just some movement that says ok this guy can fog up a mirror

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2019, 02:32:24 PM »
I understand I have seen guys do that. And if you get a pop up warning stating if you don’t move in 3 mins you will be kicked. And it can be as simple as moving a turret gun. You don’t have to crank up and drive just some movement that says ok this guy can fog up a mirror

You can have a gv with turret turning around for days.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2019, 03:30:11 PM »
Think the best we can hope is maybe hi-tech lower the eny a little. This morning eny was at 29 then it dropped. 

semp

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2019, 05:26:23 PM »
I think most tower sitters are there out of laziness or forgot to log when they went to go do something else and  it to spite the game