Author Topic: Two Country Sides or Auto Kick inactive players in the tower  (Read 8921 times)

Offline Mothman

• Zinc Member
Two Country Sides or Auto Kick inactive players in the tower
« on: September 27, 2019, 01:31:08 PM »
With a max of only 180 sometimes only 200 players during the summer and most Weekends. During the week the room peaks at 90 players. The 3 country side is ALWAYS off balance for our Overseas players.  20 Knights 18 Bish  3 Rooks.... It's ridiculous have ENY that accounts for inactive players in the tower for hours at a time.

Switching to a Axis and Alley or whatever name you want to give it will help players, who come on for 10 mins see high ENY and decided its not worth staying to fly 20-30 mins to find a good dogfight for 3 mins and fly home or ditch because they are out of fuel.

Or Fix the Game that when a person is in the tower for more than 15 minutes with no activity they get auto kicked and logged off. This way the ENY is accounting for only Active Players on the game.

~S~ Mothman  :airplane:

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Two Country Sides or Auto Kick inactive players in the tower
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 09:18:16 PM »
Don't you think this would have been suggested many, many, many times over the years? It's also been proven nonsense long ago!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 09:24:49 PM »
+1 on two sides.   Turn the Bish off.   Everyone knows they’re useless any way.   :banana:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 03:43:37 PM »
Don't you think this would have been suggested many, many, many times over the years? It's also been proven nonsense long ago!
No one ever proved it’s nonsense. And if it had been suggested many times over the years there maybe something to it.
The only thing ever said by HTC was “no”. No real reason given on the two sided country deal. During the am hours of the week there maybe forty people logged on and 20 in flight. Why not kick those players that been in the tower for two hours?  Every other game does. Is it that it makes the game look fuller than it is?  I think it would be better to have a player log in and know the eny actually exists versus the eny existing for guys hoping for 25 Perk points leaving there computer on all day lol

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 03:44:20 PM »
HUGE PLUS ONE ON THIS IDEA, BOTH PARTS

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 03:49:26 PM »
Actually flippz, hi-tech did explain why kicking people out won't matter.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 04:18:00 PM »

semp

He also explained why a 2 sided main arena wouldn't work.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 04:27:32 PM »
Try again next month.  :D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 04:34:06 PM by Arlo »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 08:14:02 PM »

It would work with some creative thinking to get around the structural programming issues he mentioned.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2019, 08:19:03 PM »

semp
Never seen an explanation for why not to kick a player that sits in the tower or a bush for x amount of time.

But please do explain why kicking tower sitters is not a good idea

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2019, 08:24:55 PM »

Have only seen two statements. No and we tried it along time ago and it didn’t work.
Funny only game I’ve seen that has three countries. It doesn’t work. Every night it’s the typical gang bang of one country or the other. So the country getting ganged usually winds up in gvs or man guns. And two other countries spend endless hours trying to taunt the three or four uppers out of the ack. So tell me what the difference in a two counry war and our typical evening in AH is?  I’ll tell you, you have a lot of guys not in the air in a air combat game because they are either over run or dead bored of flying 7 mins to die in ack.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2019, 08:48:03 PM »
Flippz what makes you think that with two countries one won't get ganged all the time?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2019, 10:05:12 PM »
Flippz what makes you think that with two countries one won't get ganged all the time?

semp

And that would be different from now how?  Our “MA” is left up to us to play fair in it. I can’t tell you I have ever seen a spread out fight in the ma. In the last year it has gotten even worse. Typical game play is either two countries are fighting and most assets are dedicated to that fight and the third country’s is left fighting m3s and wirbs.

Think about this. One front. Furballers can have at it with a base. Tactical guys can move a few sectors away and sneak bases. Start runners can up a few sectors back get there 30k alt and destroy strats with pin point accuracy from 30k.

Like fess said in a post. Put 100 people in a high school football stadium and it’s seems full”er”. Still have room to move around but there’s a lil more mingling. Now take those 100 people and place them in a nfl stadium now all the sudden it’s sparse and seems empty. Not a lot of mingling unless you go out of your way. Same concept in the ma. The guys that want to fight will find each other. Guys that are sneaky and tactical will still avoid the fur ball.
Again there’s nothing avoiding the ganging situation but again we would be no better off than we are now. Except groups would not be excluded from engagements.

And still waiting on the explanation from the tower plowed comment that you made.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2019, 10:31:03 PM »
And that would be different from now how? 

Last night, after DaddyAce and I had done some dueling, we logged in to the Melee for a couple of quick sorties.

I was supposed to meet him on Bish so I had to switch countries.  I shouldn't have.  When I got there we realized Bish were being totally ignored and the only fights where over on the Rook/Knit front.  Since I couldn't switch again, our only option was to fly over and circle undefended bases hoping someone would show up. 

We just logged instead.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2019, 11:11:31 PM »
Never seen an explanation for why not to kick a player that sits in the tower or a bush for x amount of time.

But please do explain why kicking tower sitters is not a good idea

He talks about it here....

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,362537.msg4823819.html#msg4823819

Personally I think there are ways to make it work, its just coading after all.