Author Topic: Thoughts.  (Read 23163 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Re: Thoughts.
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2019, 11:05:30 PM »
Maybe the beginner arena is the perfect place for some dumber down AI to serve as targets.... not the uber AI that can make a 410 turn like a spit: )

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2019, 11:12:25 PM »

I mean, you don't want THIS to be their first experience   [language warning] :rofl:

Some hotdog needs to invite this guy back for a ride along.. really get the feel of the game
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2019, 12:56:05 AM »
Some hotdog needs to invite this guy back for a ride along.. really get the feel of the game

Won't work.  He's stated in his comments that he's definitely a War Thunder guy and primary's Arcade Battles.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2019, 06:24:42 AM »
I am considering requiring a Login ID to do anything in AH including offline play.

I.E. At game start you must log in/create an account.
This would allow me to do things like force training missions on users and track their progress.

I believe almost all games that have an online component now work that way correct?

What are peoples thoughts.

HiTech

Sounds like great idea! Please have the option for experienced players to bypass extensive training with a successful check ride for whatever they want to do online, like ground vehicles/boats or aircraft.  :cheers:
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2019, 08:39:50 AM »
Won't work.  He's stated in his comments that he's definitely a War Thunder guy and primary's Arcade Battles.

That guy seems like a total clown

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2019, 08:44:01 AM »
That guy seems like a total clown

Definitely.  However, I bet his experience is the same  as a LARGE majority of the new players trying the game for the first time.  I think Hitech said something like 80% of the new players downloading the game and trying it don't even have joystick.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  Like him sitting on the runway just shooting his guns in the air frustrated and not knowing what to do.  How many of us have seen newbs doing that?  Like him driving around 20 min in a tank trying to find action.    "No action...no action...oh look I found a field with corn in it.....this is verrrrry boring."

:bhead

:salute
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 08:53:40 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2019, 09:33:49 AM »
Definitely.  However, I bet his experience is the same  as a LARGE majority of the new players trying the game for the first time.  I think Hitech said something like 80% of the new players downloading the game and trying it don't even have joystick.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  Like him sitting on the runway just shooting his guns in the air frustrated and not knowing what to do.  How many of us have seen newbs doing that?  Like him driving around 20 min in a tank trying to find action.    "No action...no action...oh look I found a field with corn in it.....this is verrrrry boring."

:bhead

:salute

This was my thought.   This guy actually stuck with it longer than most but the results were the same.   

The default settings need to be simplified, too.    They guy couldn’t figure out how to look around.   His viewing angles were all screwed up.    I don’t know the answer but something needs tweaking. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2019, 09:50:46 AM »
An on-screen key layout for most used buttons would be nice as an overlay like PUBG has, just the basics like movement, switch weapon, etc. It could be adjustable like the on-screen speed and altitude area is.

I'd say default stuff like Engine, Flaps, Gear, Brakes, Throttle, RPM, numpad for default views, fire and switch weapon buttons. And of course have the ability to turn that menu off.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2019, 09:54:10 AM »
And the ability to turn it back on if disabled by accident or a refresher is needed.    A small transluscent checkbox in the corner to Enable/Disable would work. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 10:14:43 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2019, 09:55:23 AM »
This is kind of an interesting watch:

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2019, 10:24:08 AM »
And the ability to turn it back on if disabled by accident or a refresher is needed.    A small transluscent checkbox in the corner to Enable/Disable would work. 
Yep...for learning new games it is definitely helpful, especially when all the different sims and games have different button setups for each function.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Trev95

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2019, 10:48:48 AM »
I am down for anything that would facilitate "training missions" for new players.  I is not uncommon for new players to show up an not be able to up off the runway.  With that being said, I would ask we have a remember login check box so we don't have to type in an id and password every time we want to log in.  Thanks for the post Hightech!
FBTrev95/Riftval
Riftvals Bombers

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2019, 11:37:32 AM »
One thing that would help overall is removing the update video for the FM2/F4F on the main site.  That update happened over 2 years ago.  If I were new and saw that, I would be less incline to try Aces High right away due to the age of that video.  Posting some more recent video's, maybe from some of your customer's they have created recently, would be better if you really want to keep a video slot there.  You could call it something like "Video of the Month".

You may also want to point out that you are a small team working on AH somewhere on top.  This might create more leniency towards trying the game out from the get go.  Yes, I know it's two clicks to find this out, but most now-a-day's won't even bother with that.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2019, 12:19:47 PM »
One thing that would help overall is removing the update video for the FM2/F4F on the main site.  That update happened over 2 years ago.  If I were new and saw that, I would be less incline to try Aces High right away due to the age of that video.  Posting some more recent video's, maybe from some of your customer's they have created recently, would be better if you really want to keep a video slot there.  You could call it something like "Video of the Month".

You may also want to point out that you are a small team working on AH somewhere on top.  This might create more leniency towards trying the game out from the get go.  Yes, I know it's two clicks to find this out, but most now-a-day's won't even bother with that.

A film of the month would be awesome!!

They need to post special events announcements with pics and vids of last year's event as well. Make the front page look like AH has things going on!

The front page website is about as terrible as the Match play arena right now. Total opportunity loss. I don't understand why someone like Brooke or FLS, or a special events coordinator, does not have access to website editting.

All we can be is a squeaky wheel I guess...
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2019, 12:39:19 PM »
With that being said, I would ask we have a remember login check box so we don't have to type in an id and password every time we want to log in.  Thanks for the post Hightech!

You don't have to type in your login credentials each time you log into the game, it remembers it.  Just check the "Save Password" box.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song