Author Topic: Thoughts.  (Read 23225 times)

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Re: Thoughts.
« Reply #270 on: October 13, 2019, 03:40:52 AM »
Many new players, and experienced players also, have contacted the trainers for training. They never complained about the difficulty.

Oh, yes they have.   I heard it.  I even said it.  Some of my first posts in the game were about that issue.  Several of my posts and discussions here since, as both a player and a trainer, have been about this.

Aces High has an excellent training staff and many helpful players in the TA.  An hour with a trainer can still be one of the most valuable hours ever spent in game.  However, the problem of retaining brand new players is not best solved in or by the Training Arena.

In my opinion, a huge improvement would be providing a simpler, more intuitive, and more modern interface with guided instruction so new players can successfully:

a) set up and operate their controllers
b) fly or drive something and
c) shoot something

all on their own, all in the first 10 minutes, without exiting the game...  before they leave permanently for something else.  That would be a start.

I hope that is the direction of HiTech's post here.
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #271 on: October 13, 2019, 04:23:15 AM »
Many players never have a chance to complain because they don't know how to communicate.    They're stuck on the runway firing their guns in the air.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #272 on: October 13, 2019, 04:24:18 AM »
I have never come across a more closed, aggressive, militant group on a forum, or in game as the AH crowd. A new player, in almost every case, is greeted by getting repeatedly and easily killed to pad someone's score.

They see vitriolic exchanges constantly on open channel. They see no training options, no assistance.

This has always been the case,

Now, the potential new player sees all this, plus minimal numbers of predominantly insular players, all five of whom are doing their own thing.

An AI system, which could potentially be a good draw, and excellent training facility, which has 6g capable B29's with a turn rate and radius equalling the Spit they are invariably flying.

Then they see the 90's graphics, and the fact all around are options such as IL2 and DCS

Seriously, why would anyone, who stumbles onto AH today, find any compelling reasons to stay??

Don't hold anything back, bruh.   Lol. 

Some good points here.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #273 on: October 13, 2019, 08:07:00 AM »
In Warbirds3 we had a "page a trainer" button.
At that time we had enough trainers at Euro/US TZ to help out most of the times.

Soemthing to consider would be to get a trainer schedule popup (if any) or mark the student with a *pilot so someone with knowledge can pick him/her up and help.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #274 on: October 13, 2019, 08:21:26 AM »
In Warbirds3 we had a "page a trainer" button.
At that time we had enough trainers at Euro/US TZ to help out most of the times.

Soemthing to consider would be to get a trainer schedule popup (if any) or mark the student with a *pilot so someone with knowledge can pick him/her up and help.

Turns out, trainers are by appointment only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #275 on: October 13, 2019, 09:37:09 AM »

Oh, yes they have.   I heard it.  I even said it.  Some of my first posts in the game were about that issue.  Several of my posts and discussions here since, as both a player and a trainer, have been about this.

You're talking about the difficulty of posting a training request on the forum? I don't recall that. Did you think I was referring to some other difficulty?

Edit: I checked your first posts. In 2010 in AHII you tried to use a Trainer's email that was inactive. Sorry about that. I don't consider that a current problem.  You were able to communicate without difficulty using the forum.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 10:05:11 AM by FLS »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #276 on: October 13, 2019, 09:44:17 AM »
Seriously, why would anyone, who stumbles onto AH today, find any compelling reasons to stay??

Same reasons we all did. Best flight model, best controller setup, huge aircraft selection, huge maps, small maps, good community, frequent updates, responsive management, the best VR experience flight sim, now with free arenas, and the scenarios. Nobody else can do scenarios like AH.

Edit: And free training.   :aok
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 09:48:00 AM by FLS »

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #277 on: October 13, 2019, 10:26:44 AM »
as long as you make an appointment first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #278 on: October 13, 2019, 10:30:40 AM »
Short wait times!

We'd only need 360 trainers to staff the TA 24/7.   :rofl

Unless we want to give more than one lesson at a time. Then we'd need more.   :old:
We could do it with less people by paying them.   :D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 10:34:59 AM by FLS »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #279 on: October 13, 2019, 10:49:22 AM »
Rule 4
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 10:56:25 AM by hitech »
”KILLER V”
The Damned