Author Topic: Climate change  (Read 18239 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Climate change
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2019, 11:02:18 AM »
Trees like CO2 :old:

And people are not the problem, we had this sort of thinking in the Soviet Union and Germany under Charlie Chaplin and we know what happened to people then.

The main problem is the They and Others need to change.

Maybe if people stop lying and being truthful we would sort issues out.

You know what to do about pollution....go down to the beach and pick some plastic bottled up.

Its been 50 years since global enviroment issues have been highlighted and we are not doing that bad considering.

Its social media with twitter and avacadoter thats blown it out of proportion, the spoilt bored privaliged masses need to justify their gender obsessed lives.

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2019, 11:23:42 AM »
Food for thought.

New York Times Aug. of 69: Stanford University biologist Dr. Paul Erhlich warned:  The trouble with almost all environmental problems is that by the time we have enough evidence to convince people, you're dead. We must realize that unless we are extremely lucky, everybody will disappear in a cloud of blue steam in 20 years.

In 2000, Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at University of East Anglia's climate research unit, predicted that in a few years winter snowfall would become "a very rare and exciting event." Children just aren't going to know what snow is."   (Look up Climate Gate, numbers were fudged in this report.)

In 2004, the US Pentagon warned George W. Bush that major European cities would be underwater.  Britain will be plunged into a Siberian climate by 2020.

In 2008 Al Gore, yes that Al Gore.  Predicted the polar ice cap would be gone in a mere ten years.

A Department of Energy study led by the US Navy predicted the Arctic Ocean would experience an ice free Summer by 2016.

In May 2014, French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius declared, during a joint appearance with Sec.of state John Kerry that "we have 500 days to avoid climate chaos.

Peter Gunter, Professor at North Texas state University, predicted in spring 1970 issue of The Living Wilderness: Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following time table:  by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa.  By the year 2000,or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions.  By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia will be in famine.

Ecologist Kenneth Watt's 1970 prediction was, "If present trends continue the world will be about 4 degrees colder in global mean temperature in 1990, but 11 degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.

I could go on and on.  Fact is people are more gullible today then ever before.  Also consider again as food for thought.  These predictions came from noted Scientists and Govt.Officials.

Consider this......how much money in taxes would you give to the government to fight this while naturally giving away some of you liberties?  There will be people in line to take your money and your rights.  Wherever there is money and power and libetries to be accrued someone or someones will always be there to take them.  For their benefit and not ours.  Think!  Observe and study.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 11:31:03 AM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2019, 12:16:30 PM »
How dare you :old:

You will be telling me Dinosaurs were real next :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2019, 12:18:21 PM »

Noah was a dinosaur rancher. Wretched beasts. They weren't allowed on the ark.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2019, 12:19:47 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl  In best Madalyn Kahn voice from Blazing Saddles  "It's Twue It's Twue!"
- The Flying Circus -

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2019, 12:24:55 PM »

A little bird told me.  :D

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2019, 01:35:48 PM »
Ya'll know that we all believe what we want to based partly on our political leanings
Just as I don't trust any politician, I certainly do not trust any scientist that
states something like "climate change we be the death of us all in 12 yrs" and "there is no climate change"
First, of course climate changes occur (remember the wobble and sun output) and
Second, Al Gore predicted many yrs ago that New York, Miami, L.A., etc. would be under water in 20 yrs
(but remember too he claimed to have also built the internet)  :rofl
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2019, 01:37:10 PM »
The thing that those who say 'Oh look the predictions didn't come true' is that things have been done that changed the outcome.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2019, 02:57:25 PM »
The thing that those who say 'Oh look the predictions didn't come true' is that things have been done that changed the outcome.

That's true of some missed predictions and not others.  Acid rain, yes (reduced SO2).  Ozone hole, maybe, maybe not (more CFC's today, not less, thanks to China).  1970's ice age, definitely not -- not unless people think we would have an ice age today except that we put out a lot of CO2, which saved us.

The earth has had vastly more CO2 in the air than now, and vastly higher temperatures than now, yet plants and animals thrived during those times.

Also, we are near the 65-million-year low of temperature on our planet, and it is only since temperature plunged to this minimum that the planet has entered a phase of rapid glacial cycles.

Warming and CO2 aren't bad for life, but glacial cycles are very much bad for life.  Why are the people who think that they have concern for life on the planet not focused on this?

To me, global warming looks like a scientific fad mixed with climate religion.  There is a well-moneyed, well-connected church of global warming, with a hierarchy of climate priests above and cult of useful disciples below, all proselytizing for CO2 exorcisms and more money.  Then there are the con men in and out of government working to get rich on the governmental snake-oil trade.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2019, 03:10:36 PM »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2019, 04:13:07 PM »
... 1970's ice age, definitely not -- not unless people think we would have an ice age today except that we put out a lot of CO2, which saved us.

Maybe you missed my post. The 1970's ice age was predicted for 2030-2040 and so far it looks possible as a replay of the Maunder minimum. The critical factor being any effect on ocean currents. So we had 60 years to get ready for it, 10 to go.

Since we have the historical record this is not pure speculation. So far it's starting the same way, with unusually low sunspot activity. Since we have satellites in the thermosphere, NASA has recorded the current decreased temperature.

This is basic science. Put less energy into a complex system and something changes.

Hopefully it will just be an inconvenient period of colder temperatures.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2019, 04:34:57 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl  In best Madalyn Kahn voice from Blazing Saddles  "It's Twue It's Twue!"

:rofl    perfect!!   :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2019, 12:33:25 AM »
Maybe you missed my post. The 1970's ice age was predicted for 2030-2040

I highly doubt we will have an ice age by 2030, or 2040, or 2170.

Maunder minimum

Yes, maybe we'll have colder temps.  Temps during the Maunder Minimum were a little colder than average -- like 0.1 to 0.5 C colder.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2019, 01:47:45 AM »
For my contribution I went and got me a zero emissions vehicle.

M1009 CUCV.

When I took it to get it smog tested they told me it didn't need one!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2019, 03:51:37 AM »
For my contribution I went and got me a zero emissions vehicle.

M1009 CUCV.

When I took it to get it smog tested they told me it didn't need one!

Smog tested? Where do you live?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)