Author Topic: Climate change  (Read 18244 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Climate change
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2019, 11:49:09 AM »
There is a point when you see just how ignorant folks can be. You have to laugh at some point. On the other hand it is sad that some are so gullible.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2019, 02:08:42 PM »
I wonder what it accomplishes to throw insults and derogatory comments at people you don't understand or that you disagree with. I have always believed that learning as much as you possibly can about the other side's point of view will either re-enforce your beliefs or better yet, create the need for second thought and even more learning.

Well said. I agree, throwing insults at those who believe differently than you just makes you look like a fool. Just because someone votes differently, prays differently, or lives differently than you does not give you a right to be disrespectful to that person. Just accept the differences and show some class by respecting other people and being kind. It is difficult to do at times, I'll admit, but we should all strive to struggle through it and respect one another despite what our differences may be.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2019, 03:05:10 PM »
So much for the thread maintaining decency.

This behaviour by these types of spoilt individuals is beyond decent manners.

Sweden has not contributed to defending democracy....... any where :old:

In fact the Nordic all are all pretty non descript

As for the above respect comment.... respect is earned.... :old:

In fact what has this respect for everyone got us?...... men cutting their spuds off because they want to be called Martha instead of Arthur :old:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 03:08:35 PM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline mike8318

• Copper Member
« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2019, 04:27:49 PM »
So I guess the Ice Age was a result of everyone putting up their SUVs and grounding all commercial aircraft.
Don't try and outweird me.I get stranger things than you free in my breakfast cereal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dKgjtBxyis&feature=youtu.be

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2019, 04:37:26 PM »
this thread is interesting.  not because I believe one group over the other.  it's because sometimes you finally understand strange posts that leave you with this wth do you mean feeling.

I dont understand everything about this global warming, to me, it's just a guess.  but I do believe parts of it based on what I see and have experienced in my life.  for example, I wasnt born here, never seen smog, only what I saw in movies or tv and newspapers.  anyway, I had been living in los angeles for 3 months, going to highschool and it was hard on me, smog was bad, you could stand on one side of the football field and barely able to see the houses 200 yards from where you were.  this one night it was windy, wow the whole house was shaking at times.  when I woke up I went to school and I looked to my right and was amazed there were mountains about 40 or so miles away, maybe less and they were big mountains, the sky was clear, the wind had blown all the smog out to the ocean.  that's when they started with the air quality management, companies were up in arms, saying it would be the end of los angeles, it would cost too much money, cost jobs, whatever.  to this day we still have smog, but it's not as bad as it was 40 years ago.  some of what was tried, failed miserable and caused other problems.  and to this day we still have people complaining that it was a waste of resources and money, they go with "see, we still have smog" but ignore the part of how worst would it have gotten if nothing was done about it.

anyway, the part of this thread that I found interesting is DONT FEED YOUR PARANOIA.  I couldnt play today in the scenario because I got drunk, tripped and hurt my pinky finger, I ignored it, now the pain goes all the way to my elbow and it's painful to twist my wrist.  but I bet if I look hard enough on the web and the dark web, I will find out that the axis had a plan to stop some of us from playing today in the scenario.  I can find testimonials of other people that will agree with me that there's conspiracies in every game where some players will do anything to stop others from playing.  if I believe hard enough, I bet that guy who bought me 4 shots of tequila at the legion, who I have never seen before and nobody knows who he is, is part of some axis evil plan to stop me from playing.  prove me wrong.

sounds ridiculous doesnt it, but is it really less, more, or equal to some of the ridiculous things some of you guys believe in.  and if you do enough research, you will find binders and plans that some people have "discovered" that will prove you right and the others wrong.

all you need is a belief and you can find info to prove you are right and others wrong, not matter how wrong you can be.

semp
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 04:40:03 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #200 on: October 26, 2019, 06:06:31 PM »
this thread is interesting.  not because I believe one group over the other.  it's because sometimes you finally understand strange posts that leave you with this wth do you mean feeling.

I dont understand everything about this global warming, to me, it's just a guess.  but I do believe parts of it based on what I see and have experienced in my life.  for example, I wasnt born here, never seen smog, only what I saw in movies or tv and newspapers.  anyway, I had been living in los angeles for 3 months, going to highschool and it was hard on me, smog was bad, you could stand on one side of the football field and barely able to see the houses 200 yards from where you were.  this one night it was windy, wow the whole house was shaking at times.  when I woke up I went to school and I looked to my right and was amazed there were mountains about 40 or so miles away, maybe less and they were big mountains, the sky was clear, the wind had blown all the smog out to the ocean.  that's when they started with the air quality management, companies were up in arms, saying it would be the end of los angeles, it would cost too much money, cost jobs, whatever.  to this day we still have smog, but it's not as bad as it was 40 years ago.  some of what was tried, failed miserable and caused other problems.  and to this day we still have people complaining that it was a waste of resources and money, they go with "see, we still have smog" but ignore the part of how worst would it have gotten if nothing was done about it.

anyway, the part of this thread that I found interesting is DONT FEED YOUR PARANOIA.  I couldnt play today in the scenario because I got drunk, tripped and hurt my pinky finger, I ignored it, now the pain goes all the way to my elbow and it's painful to twist my wrist.  but I bet if I look hard enough on the web and the dark web, I will find out that the axis had a plan to stop some of us from playing today in the scenario.  I can find testimonials of other people that will agree with me that there's conspiracies in every game where some players will do anything to stop others from playing.  if I believe hard enough, I bet that guy who bought me 4 shots of tequila at the legion, who I have never seen before and nobody knows who he is, is part of some axis evil plan to stop me from playing.  prove me wrong.

sounds ridiculous doesnt it, but is it really less, more, or equal to some of the ridiculous things some of you guys believe in.  and if you do enough research, you will find binders and plans that some people have "discovered" that will prove you right and the others wrong.

all you need is a belief and you can find info to prove you are right and others wrong, not matter how wrong you can be.

semp

:rofl :rofl  semp!  :aok (and you should have included this emoticon at the end ---->    :ahand
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2019, 06:07:03 PM »
Hey Arlo, how many trillions did the "never before Audited' Pentagon lose again?

According to that internet article, several times more than their entire budget since the creation of the War Department.

Don't believe every story you read.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2019, 06:27:16 PM »
:rofl :rofl  semp!  :aok (and you should have included this emoticon at the end ---->    :ahand

Actually TC, you missed the irony of my post,    :bolt:

semp

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2019, 08:43:31 PM »
To answer Shufflers question from way back:
Texas

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2019, 01:58:20 AM »
I listen to both sides of this and both sides are wrong and right.  now like I said, i have no education to say one way or another if we freeze to death or burn to death in this thing other than life experience.

as I mentioned before with what I saw in the air quality in los angeles when I moved here.  did some companies go under?  yes, did some jobs were lost?  yes.  on the other hand it forced companies to clean up their act and not make it worst. so what came out of it?  for one thing, they pushed harder for cars to be more fuel efficient and less emission. was that a bad thing?  so did them eco-nuts were wrong?  maybe, maybe not, but think about it when you fill up your tank at the pump.  other things came out of it, some wrong, some right.  some made things worst, some made things better.

just like with that y2k scare that lots of people say was a hoax.  but what came out of it?  again, companies were forced to clean up their acts and invest more money in updating their systems.  now big banks and insurance companies were already y2k compliant for the most part.  I know because I worked for an insurance company back then and their programs were designed to calculate past y2k.  but some other companies went under because they didnt, maybe not a large portion but mostly mom and pop that couldnt afford to upgrade.  our company was one of the first to have a computer on every desk instead of a terminal.  all of a sudden we were more efficient.  we didnt have to wait for the 4 typewriters available to type a letter.  10 years before were were using punch cards for some transactions.  so was it a hoax?  I say based on what you see or didnt see.

which brings me back to this freeze to death or burn alive thing which I dont understand.  what is the worst that could happen?  perhaps more fuel efficient cars?  a better lasting battery?  less reliance on oil?  cleaner air?  will it cost jobs? yes, it may, will some companies go under?  maybe.  but what do we have to lose if we do nothing?  perhaps nothing or maybe we will gain something like with the air quality management and the y2k thing.  lots of ideas were wrong but lots of ideas were correct.

we all have our own bias and that is a good thing, we all should never think alike.  but if you add things like well a billion years ago this guy got together with others and made a list of how he wants the world controlled, and I read about it because this guy found the list in some cave in france and posted in on the dark web and forgot to add a password to it.  then you are FEEDING YOUR PARANOIA.

so think, what will we lose or gain if we do nothing or something.  it is just that simple.

semp

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2019, 03:14:20 AM »
so think, what will we lose or gain if we do nothing or something.  it is just that simple.

People often don't go farther than a very inadequate surface analysis when they say that.

In reality, we have X resources to deploy on a multitude of potential issues:  global warming, global cooling, asteroid strikes, Carrington events, bad governments, bad economies, food, security, geopolitical maneuvering, healthcare, education, poverty, crime, pollution, chaotic population migration, demographic problems, etc.

If you use Z of that towards global warming (Z is trillions of dollars, here), you are not using Z on any of those other items.  Which ones have a better expected benefit for expenditure of Z?

Many of those other things are as important (in my view, more important), with greater downsides if you blow it, and much higher probability of not being a scientific fad, than global warming.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2019, 09:37:20 AM »
So, calling Greta Thunberg a retard is just being fiscally conservative especially since climate change, chaotic migration, pollution, food, security and 'demographic problems' are now to be considered completely unrelated to each other with some more fiscally important than others. I've never seen so many straws nonsensically grasped at nor rationalization so irrationally practiced.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2019, 10:07:44 AM »
People often don't go farther than a very inadequate surface analysis when they say that.

In reality, we have X resources to deploy on a multitude of potential issues:  global warming, global cooling, asteroid strikes, Carrington events, bad governments, bad economies, food, security, geopolitical maneuvering, healthcare, education, poverty, crime, pollution, chaotic population migration, demographic problems, etc.

If you use Z of that towards global warming (Z is trillions of dollars, here), you are not using Z on any of those other items.  Which ones have a better expected benefit for expenditure of Z?

Many of those other things are as important (in my view, more important), with greater downsides if you blow it, and much higher probability of not being a scientific fad, than global warming.

Exactly. I'm sure I'm those citizens of Venezuela are more concerned with global warming than anything else.../S

So, calling Greta Thunberg a retard is just being fiscally conservative especially since climate change, chaotic migration, pollution, food, security and 'demographic problems' are now to be considered completely unrelated to each other with some more fiscally important than others. I've never seen so many straws nonsensically grasped at nor rationalization so irrationally practiced.

Your level of emotional outrage is precisely why they use little children to push an agenda. It ain't right.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2019, 10:31:24 AM »

Your level of emotional outrage is precisely why they use little children to push an agenda. It ain't right.

Name one side, one group, one organization that doesn't.

semp

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2019, 10:43:20 AM »

Hmmmmm...
Who else in History felt the need to propagandize the minds of young children, too young to understand, in school??? So now they have an Eco/Quex too, sure fits the pattern..

Seriously, I just went looking.. Workers World, Liberation News, and many others openly claim that "Climate Change" IS "Class Struggle"... There's that pattern again..

Like the song says, "The more things change, the more they stay the same"..
Yep, we've seen this before..
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 10:55:33 AM by OldNitro »