Author Topic: Climate change  (Read 18248 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Climate change
« Reply #255 on: October 28, 2019, 03:30:29 PM »
Up here in Canada, fatty has a WHOLE different meaning...

Just saying...

(Image removed from quote.)

And after one of those, you won't care about climate change or your favourite football team looking a game, or that your job sucks, or if you're a Republican or a Democrat. Heck, you won't even care about not playing Aces High. Cause, well, you're high. :x

So does pizzed .....

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2019, 03:33:21 PM »
Sinner!
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #257 on: October 28, 2019, 03:35:28 PM »

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #258 on: October 28, 2019, 05:10:35 PM »
Up here in Canada, fatty has a WHOLE different meaning...

Just saying...

And after one of those, you won't care about climate change or your favourite football team losing a game, or that your job sucks, or if you're a Republican or a Democrat. Heck, you won't even care about not playing Aces High. Cause, well, you're high.

If only every country could get on board
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #259 on: October 28, 2019, 05:17:08 PM »
If only every country could get on board

I believe all the of the Democracies could if their citizenry actually gave a couple of seconds of logical thought to the issue and could stop being lazy or deluded regarding their election cycle's effect on policy making.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2019, 06:48:43 PM »
I believe all the of the Democracies could if their citizenry actually gave a couple of seconds of logical thought to the issue and could stop being lazy or deluded regarding their election cycle's effect on policy making.
Should be required to burn one before any major decision.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2019, 08:21:19 PM »
Don't confuse anger for standing up for decency. Your opinion on climate change requiring derogatory personal attacks on a young girl that feels differently, and strongly so, than you undercuts anything more rational (or even humorously fanciful) you could have posted instead. The problem isn't me, sir. You received a negative review among your favorable ones. It's still attention. Thrive.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CLxpgRqxtEA

:D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 08:24:36 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2019, 10:07:44 PM »
And so why does not the Government reduce spending to compensate?
I mean my gawd, shrimp walking on tread mills?

Think of all the benefits and follow-on benefits of studying shrimp walking on treadmills!

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2019, 01:37:00 AM »
That is shrimp abuse!
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2019, 03:25:06 AM »
It's all academic IMO due to China and some extent India.  Two countries whose populations make up 1/3 of the planet almost.  China doesn't give an F squared about climate change, and will continue to be the largest producer of "evil co2" without a care in the world about meeting global climate change prevention numbers or whatever.  Not to mention that both of these countries are responsible for 90 to 95 percent of the world's plastic and garbage going into the oceans - a fact that even the most left of the leftist climate change supporters do not dispute.  So, if neither of these countries plan on doing much about climate change, what's the point of bankrupting the West in order to meet some eco-targets regarding emissions?  Yes, I realize China is the "world leader" in solar/wind power, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to the fossil fuel energy generation, and always will be. 

Also, do some research on the NEEM ice core drilling projects in Greenland.  The data from these cores show that 10 to 15k years ago up until present day, that the temperatures and co2 levels got much higher than the worst projections are for the year 2100 currently - how did that happen without humanity?  A negative doesn't prove a positive, just because the majority of science believes that man made emissions are responsible doesn't prove it, especially when as ^^ the planet got much, much hotter all on its own several times in the last 10k years.

Majority of science? I have not found that proven anywhere.

400 parts per million? 0.04% of the atmosphere is CO2, which is required by plantlife, and some nutters think that's going to DESTROY the planet? Not going to happen.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2019, 04:13:20 AM »
Majority of science? I have not found that proven anywhere.

400 parts per million? 0.04% of the atmosphere is CO2, which is required by plantlife, and some nutters think that's going to DESTROY the planet? Not going to happen.

Oh I agree, it's just the major talking point that's been used for years now.  I think you missed my point.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2019, 04:50:07 AM »
Many European countries subside changes for their own reasons, some because they do believe in climate change, but hey -  it's just economy for them.

If I can change an import from another country to a domestic source (electricity in my country), and increase the output so we even can export the product to countries that put nuclear out of use (read Germany),

The result is that country will have more export and less import.

A change from oil based heating/transport to me was an easy choice, it took 3-4 years to get even on my investments in energy changes.

Of course, when enough have done their changes, they will increase tax on electricity and Ethanol so state income will remain the same, you just have to board the train early to benefit from it.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2019, 08:48:27 AM »

Yeahhhhh California is currently learning their lesson about that! Consequences eventually catch up to them.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2019, 10:03:16 AM »
Yeahhhhh California is currently learning their lesson about that! Consequences eventually catch up to them.

Please do tell what did we do wrong here in California and what we need to fix.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2019, 10:34:23 AM »
Please do tell what did we do wrong here in California and what we need to fix.

Didn't rake thoroughly enough. Obviously. ;)