Author Topic: Climate change  (Read 18229 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Climate change
« Reply #285 on: October 29, 2019, 09:17:11 PM »
If you read my post, I said the most overdoses in history, not the most in the US.  :aok

Maybe if you read reputable sources, you wouldn't be blind to so much rampant corruption destroying your state.  :D

Also, I meant homlessness in point 2, not poverty.

this is what you said"  7. More heroin overdoses and drug abuse than ever before in history."

also, I never commented on #2. but you did mention taxes on #8, which is what I replied to.

maybe if you read your own posts, you wouldnt be dazed and confused.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #286 on: October 29, 2019, 11:10:12 PM »
I certainly hope this is sarcasm… and if not, name the benefits other
than the states/universities that get the money!!!

Well, there's the cardiovascular benefits to the shrimp; and extra money to Silicon Valley startups that are leveraging amazing, new shrimp treadmill technology as well as integrative mobile social media to disrupt paradigms and revolutionize the future of mankind; and new government departments flush with taxpayer cash to wield for employing more government bureaucrats and creating more regulations regarding treadmills, shrimp, and shrimp treadmills.

I can't believe you don't see the benefits here.  It's as clear as the benefits of paying people to dig holes and then fill them in, for goodness sake -- one of the pillars of Keynesian policy, which is the accepted best way to run modern economies.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2019, 12:47:07 AM »
Well, there's the cardiovascular benefits to the shrimp; and extra money to Silicon Valley startups that are leveraging amazing, new shrimp treadmill technology as well as integrative mobile social media to disrupt paradigms and revolutionize the future of mankind; and new government departments flush with taxpayer cash to wield for employing more government bureaucrats and creating more regulations regarding treadmills, shrimp, and shrimp treadmills.

I can't believe you don't see the benefits here.  It's as clear as the benefits of paying people to dig holes and then fill them in, for goodness sake -- one of the pillars of Keynesian policy, which is the accepted best way to run modern economies.

brook the experiment was trying to figure out why bacteria in the water affects the shrimp.  so what better idea to test that than by injecting the shrimp with that bacteria and make it run on the treadmill if it really affects it.  they compared healthy samples with those injected with the bacteria.  then maybe they can figure out why the shrimp dont talk and tell them if they really feel sick or not.  ok that's  a joke.  but they examine then the shrimp organs and try to figure out why their immune system doesnt  fight the bacteria.  if they can figure out how it affects them they they can find a way to fix it.

and this was based on observations of farm raised shrimp, not shrimp out in the ocean.  you wouldnt mind having more shrimp for dinner do you?

semp

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2019, 02:49:31 AM »
brook the experiment was

Semp, as you point out, I didn't go on any information other than about three words, and so could absolutely not have evaluated the value of that project.

You are absolutely correct that it could be a useful thing that I made fun of in my blundering, incautious post.

And, yes, I do love to eat shrimp!  :aok

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #289 on: October 30, 2019, 03:05:10 AM »
Shrimps have rights too!

You cannot build affordable homes for everyone, it will destabilise the investment portfolio sector.

Diamond sales are the same, De Beers the diamond cartel went to Russia straight after the Soviet Union was dissolved, to ensure the world markets were not flooded and thus bring down the price of said product.

That why you colonials hate the Ruskies, they have more natural resources than anyone else.

In Europe very little is said about the Russians, except for places like Latvia and Albania who are still fighting wars from 1456 AD.

If i were in charge i would make Arlo pick turnips in Poland, turnips are currency in Eastern Europe.

Shrimp lives matter!

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #290 on: October 30, 2019, 03:30:17 AM »
Semp, as you point out, I didn't go on any information other than about three words, and so could absolutely not have evaluated the value of that project.

You are absolutely correct that it could be a useful thing that I made fun of in my blundering, incautious post.

And, yes, I do love to eat shrimp!  :aok

next time, treadmill shrimp and beers are on me  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

semp

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #291 on: October 30, 2019, 07:40:57 AM »

:t

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2019, 08:38:26 AM »
this is what you said"  7. More heroin overdoses and drug abuse than ever before in history."

also, I never commented on #2. but you did mention taxes on #8, which is what I replied to.

maybe if you read your own posts, you wouldnt be dazed and confused.

semp

:bhead

:noid
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #293 on: October 30, 2019, 10:26:35 AM »
:bhead

:noid
It's ok Demon Slayer. I feel your pain.  Some people like to pee into the wind and then complain they're getting wet and smelly.

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #294 on: October 30, 2019, 11:57:27 AM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #295 on: October 30, 2019, 02:36:49 PM »
Couldn’t imagine living in Cali not drinking through a straw and getting raped on taxes. 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #296 on: October 30, 2019, 02:52:34 PM »
Couldn’t imagine living in Cali not drinking through a straw and getting raped on taxes.

I live in California, we still use straws in bars and restaurants.

semp

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #297 on: October 30, 2019, 03:02:48 PM »
I live in California, we still use straws in bars and restaurants.

semp

Are they the horrible paper ones?  I hate those.  Some Seattle restaurants do that.  I have a grudge against them for that.

I like plastic straws, the way god intended.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #298 on: October 30, 2019, 03:06:06 PM »
Are they the horrible paper ones?  I hate those.  Some Seattle restaurants do that.  I have a grudge against them for that.

I like plastic straws, the way god intended.

nope, we still have plastic straws just like everywhere else.  the law only applies to sit down restaurants, not bars or fast food places.  and even in sit down restaurants, they will give you a straw if you request one.

the law says they cannot give you a straw automatically, you have to request it.  it doesnt seem like california really banned straws, does it?

semp

edit:  but it seems some people who didnt know any better bought straws for a 1.50 each to make fun of a certain group.  now who is the dork.  the one who requests a straw or the one who pays 1.50 for each one  :ahand
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 03:08:14 PM by guncrasher »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #299 on: October 30, 2019, 03:16:53 PM »
next time, treadmill shrimp and beers are on me  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

semp

Semp, if you are ever in the Seattle area, you tell me, and I would be greatly honored to take you out for lunch or dinner.  :aok