Author Topic: Climate change  (Read 18262 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Climate change
« Reply #315 on: October 31, 2019, 01:01:10 PM »
Imagine a child feeling the need to spend the rest of her life teaching 'grown-ups' how to care about an environmental crisis because they're self-centered arses. Which 'big government' are you imagining?  ;)

Imagine a child who doesn't really understand the world, has never taken a climatology class, or chemistry class even, being put in fear every day of their young life due to propaganda that the world will end if the entire world doesn't destory their industry.

Id say thats psychological manipulation and child abuse.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #316 on: October 31, 2019, 01:14:39 PM »
Sorry law says she can't be held responsible..... even if she kills someone.

Tell that to the 12 year old charged with capital murder this year in Texas.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #317 on: October 31, 2019, 01:26:42 PM »
Imagine a child who doesn't really understand the world, has never taken a climatology class, or chemistry class even, being put in fear every day of their young life due to propaganda that the world will end if the entire world doesn't destory their industry.

Id say thats psychological manipulation and child abuse.

But when we do it, we call them, marines, soldiers, sailors.... And we tell them we are proud of them as we should.

But god forbid they talk about the environment as they are being manipulated.

semp

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #318 on: October 31, 2019, 02:11:10 PM »
I would like to point out, that Godwin's Law has not impacted this thread!  WTG guys! Civil discussions indeed. :aok
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #319 on: October 31, 2019, 02:28:09 PM »
nope, we still have plastic straws just like everywhere else.  the law only applies to sit down restaurants, not bars or fast food places.  and even in sit down restaurants, they will give you a straw if you request one.

the law says they cannot give you a straw automatically, you have to request it.  it doesnt seem like california really banned straws, does it?

semp

edit:  but it seems some people who didnt know any better bought straws for a 1.50 each to make fun of a certain group.  now who is the dork.  the one who requests a straw or the one who pays 1.50 for each one  :ahand

Just wait... the next step is all straws  :noid
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #320 on: October 31, 2019, 03:25:01 PM »
Just wait... the next step is all straws  :noid

omg then it will be the end of the world.  let's all unite and protest this injustice.

it all started with plastic bags.  and the ones who yelled the most have been going to costco, pace and whatever other similar store and they had no bags.  and they somehow survived and costco is thriving even with people fighting over boxes to put their groceries in their cars.  how many people are standing in front of costco and demand they provide plastic bags?

funny thing is when at home, we'll make a drink and use no straws.  but somehow we think that going to a bar and not having straws is disgusting as if the inside of the glass is cleaner than the rim.  it's not the rim of the glass that causes health problems it's the alcohol that does.  but it makes us somehow feel better if there's a straw.  ridiculous isnt it.  I understand if you buy a soda at burger king it's better to have a straw than to drink without it as you are driving, and that's not gonna change.  me when I go and eat inside I dont get a lid or a straw, but most people will put a lid and a straw, because that's how they grew up.  to me that's a waste.

I remember about 5 years ago, I was dating this girl that had an 18 year old kid.  he wanted to dye his hair a different color, she told him it was disrespectful and made a big deal about it.  when she told me I told her to pick her battles, he's a good kid, let him make his own choices. having a different color hair is not that big of a deal.  not like he's a drug addict or wants to tattoo his face. that you should fight him to the end.

anyway, pick your own battles.  it makes a big difference having a straw and a lid when driving a car or walking.  going to a restaurant or a bar and not having a straw is not really that big of a deal.  unless of course you are handicapped like my best friend.  it makes the difference between having a drink or not for him.  for the rest of us it means nothing.

semp

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #321 on: October 31, 2019, 03:44:14 PM »
I find it quite interesting that some are trying to turn age into a legal issue regarding taking a stance on an issue.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #322 on: October 31, 2019, 04:12:58 PM »
Tell that to the 12 year old charged with capital murder this year in Texas.

semp

One in how many................... and it really had to be a most atrocious one.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #323 on: October 31, 2019, 04:14:25 PM »
By the end of the Obama 8 years Millennials had been asked questions about babyboomers related to the state of the world at least once a year. A constant response was the old people screwed the world for them and they wanted all the babyboomers to die already and be gone. A large sample group felt that hostility because of the poor economic prospects for paying off their student loan. And a consistent sample group who worshiped at the alter of climate change wanted babyboomers dead becasue they wanted to save the dystopian future that had been spoon fed to them since grade school.

Taking stances on issues is a mirror of age and experience. The very inexperienced, and short on age demographic sadly can vote. So most of their ideas without experience are not their own.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #324 on: October 31, 2019, 04:20:10 PM »
By the end of the Obama 8 years Millennials had been asked questions about babyboomers related to the state of the world at least once a year. A constant response was the old people screwed the world for them and they wanted all the babyboomers to die already and be gone. A large sample group felt that hostility because of the poor economic prospects for paying off their student loan. And a consistent sample group who worshiped at the alter of climate change wanted babyboomers dead becasue they wanted to save the dystopian future that had been spoon fed to them since grade school.

Taking stances on issues is a mirror of age and experience. The very inexperienced, and short on age demographic sadly can vote. So most of their ideas without experience are not their own.

the young and inexperienced can go to war protecting us.  and we encourage it and feel proud of them.  but if they take a stand on anything else, somehow it's bad because they dont have age and experience.

semp

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #325 on: October 31, 2019, 05:33:50 PM »
guncrasher, do you want 16 year olds voting because that is what is being talked about now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #326 on: October 31, 2019, 05:54:30 PM »
guncrasher, do you want 16 year olds voting because that is what is being talked about now.

By whom? I saw the legality of young Greta Thurnburg having an opinion or cause when it came to global climate brought up.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #327 on: October 31, 2019, 06:51:34 PM »
I would like to point out, that Godwin's Law has not impacted this thread!  WTG guys! Civil discussions indeed. :aok

Give it time. Someone praised the thread for lack of name-calling and personal attacks, too ... but that line was crossed. ;)

(This thread is full of more than questionable judgmental generalities and false claims but it makes for good clique bonding.)  :D

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #328 on: November 01, 2019, 02:54:45 AM »

Fatty!
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #329 on: November 01, 2019, 03:00:51 AM »
I find it quite interesting that some are trying to turn age into a legal issue regarding taking a stance on an issue.

You look like Woody Allen but fatter!

And i bet you play golf.

I agree on the age issue.

You should not have a point of view based not on age but on weight.

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario