Author Topic: limit eny when we have low players  (Read 13736 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: limit eny when we have low players
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2019, 08:40:49 PM »
The important part to take away here is that he is doing it in a DIFFERENT game because of the issues here.

Could be.  What I saw in his post was his pride in winning with a handicap.  That didn’t seem to fit with the ENY complaint, except that it was a different game.  I’m wondering if the real problem isn’t ENY and the consequent difficulty of winning with inferior rides (even with superior numbers), or if it’s just excitement over a new game.

Many of us have been around here for a very long time, Bustr included.  HTC has acknowledged the notion that people will simply get tired of a game they’ve mastered.  I doubt that ENY can really be a fundamental problem for long-time players, simply because, by now, they should be good virtual pilots in nearly any plane - especially if they fly with a squad like the Pigs.  So I see the ENY complaints as an excuse for boredom, not as a genuine reason to quit.

No one ever responded to Luche’s point that, even with small numbers, it’s no fun being one of two players, no matter what ride they’re in, against 10 players, who can fly whatever rides they want to fly.

- oldman

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2019, 09:23:39 PM »
coming from a time that has low numbers... ENY with those numbers is a little bit nuts.... there needs to be a change somewhere... to have already low numbers get lower because of ENY is counter-intuitive....just as People say they can change if they want...they can also choose to stick to a side if they want... for me it is an option to change sides.... sometimes I choose the wrong side and since I'm stuck I log anyway... but for some it is not an option they choose...so they just log....doesn't help anything when that happens and you only have a handful of players per side...

Now sure there will be those who cry about ten 51's coming to attack them ....oh they have too many on their side blah blah blah.... but those same few will cry when there is nothing to shoot at also....

the balance is most certainly a fine line...but when the difference between flying and ENY 5 and an ENY 15 comes down to a few players it gets a little restrictive... really does need a minimum numbers limit raised before kicking in.... that's just my thoughts though.... and I fly a high ENY plane which never gets restricted... other than by my lack of targets.....
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 10:31:10 PM by SPKmes »

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2019, 09:28:33 PM »

Could be.  What I saw in his post was his pride in winning with a handicap.  That didn’t seem to fit with the ENY complaint, except that it was a different game.  I’m wondering if the real problem isn’t ENY and the consequent difficulty of winning with inferior rides (even with superior numbers), or if it’s just excitement over a new game.

Many of us have been around here for a very long time, Bustr included.  HTC has acknowledged the notion that people will simply get tired of a game they’ve mastered.  I doubt that ENY can really be a fundamental problem for long-time players, simply because, by now, they should be good virtual pilots in nearly any plane - especially if they fly with a squad like the Pigs.  So I see the ENY complaints as an excuse for boredom, not as a genuine reason to quit.

No one ever responded to Luche’s point that, even with small numbers, it’s no fun being one of two players, no matter what ride they’re in, against 10 players, who can fly whatever rides they want to fly.

- oldman

The boredom comes from the lack of players, and players willing to fight.

I have been flying as a PIG for only a short time, but from what I have seem from flying against them and with them they just want to have fun playing the game. PERIOD. Unfortunately that fun is quickly disappearing. More guys that think running away is a good game move.... resupplying a base instead of fighting to save it is a good game move... so on and so forth. The game is suppose to be about three teams fighting it out to the end game.....win the war. With in that is suppose to be GV fights, bombing runs, fighter sweeps, furballs and so on. All of this is slowly disappearing.

The Pigs are looking for it and for many, "Planetside 2" is where they have found it. Bustr as well as a number of other Pigs, are spending more time in Planetside 2 than he does in Aces High and Bustr and maybe others in the pigs dont like FPS games. What does that say about the state of Aces High?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2019, 09:37:53 PM »
oldman, we switch to bishops because we constantly had eny, we are a large squad that would bring 15 to 20 players on squad night.  but it seem there was eny every night.  and lots of nights it was over 20.  I got tired of it, some other got tired of crappy rides when we flew together. we switched to bishops, same thing, we have high eny, it went on for weeks on end.  so they started looking at other games.  only reason I put up with planetside, it's because it was a new game to play.

now pigs arent the muppets, we dont demand or else.  we ask that eny be lowered a bit when we have 100 players and get rid of it when there's less than 20.  yesterday after the war was won we had 10 players online total. we had eny.  what is the reasoning with such low numbers.  there's no point in switching countries with 10 players, a couple more log in and then the low country now has eny.  that's the frustration that I feel.

waystin has said many times that he will be that last guy in ah3, that's how I feel.  but it's sad that we have more players on other games than in ah because they got tired of flying crappy planes.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2019, 07:16:54 AM »
Have you guys tried the new COD that just came out?
On the short list!  :x
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2019, 09:09:29 AM »
With or without ENY low numbers are a problem. People will log off.

The complication is that balance is local and ENY is arena wide.

What can be done other than communicate and cooperate?

With low numbers you have to be fun to play with, which conflicts with popular playing styles.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2019, 10:28:15 AM »

they just want to have fun playing the game. PERIOD.
:aok

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2019, 10:45:19 AM »
With or without ENY low numbers are a problem. People will log off.

The complication is that balance is local and ENY is arena wide.

What can be done other than communicate and cooperate?

With low numbers you have to be fun to play with, which conflicts with popular playing styles.

Exactly. 20 pigs hording a base and having "fun" is unpleasant for the low sided team and just makes them log.. making the problem worse. ENY is the only way to slow down that imbalance. You can always switch half your squad and do a 10v10 fight...

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2019, 10:56:51 AM »
On the short list!  :x

Wouldn't hurt to wait for the first big patch or two.  There are some rough spots.

And I think they still need some refinement on their large MP map design.

But I'd always choose that over lazer rifles.  ;)
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2019, 11:01:37 AM »
Exactly. 20 pigs hording a base and having "fun" is unpleasant for the low sided team and just makes them log.. making the problem worse. ENY is the only way to slow down that imbalance. You can always switch half your squad and do a 10v10 fight...
We have no interest in a duel in the Melee.  The Pigs would like to apologize for hurting anyones feelings and making them log by fighting with or attacking them in an unwanted manner.  :rofl

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2019, 11:02:59 AM »
Wouldn't hurt to wait for the first big patch or two.  There are some rough spots.

And I think they still need some refinement on their large MP map design.

But I'd always choose that over lazer rifles.  ;)
Noted.  Some but not all factions have lasers.  I like my LMG personally....

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2019, 12:43:37 PM »
but it seem there was eny every night.  and lots of nights it was over 20.  I got tired of it, some other got tired of crappy rides when we flew together.

So I looked up the ENY 20 planes, and I saw Ki84, 190A8, 38J, 47D40, 51B and, of all things, Spit 9.  You guys really think that these are garbage rides?  Really?

- oldman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2019, 12:50:03 PM »

So I looked up the ENY 20 planes, and I saw Ki84, 190A8, 38J, 47D40, 51B and, of all things, Spit 9.  You guys really think that these are garbage rides?  Really?

- oldman res
Yeah. I like the Yak9T. You miss the point Oldman. We fly those planes and more in events. The fun is there still. The melee not so much. I dont have to buy the try something else or fly a real plane or stop whining arguments. They just are not as fun when dealing with the opposing high speed planes. So when I can no longer keep up I log off. I hope that makes sense to you.

:salute

Way

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2019, 12:53:16 PM »

- oldman

Actually it was more like 28. At 20 is not so bad.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2019, 04:15:10 PM »
If you are tired of the game... there is nothing that can be done.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)