Author Topic: limit eny when we have low players  (Read 13561 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: limit eny when we have low players
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2019, 04:37:03 PM »
If you are tired of the game... there is nothing that can be done.
Nobody said that Shuffler.  In fact I love the game.  The Melee arena conditions suck at times though for having some fun.  Pure and simple.  Only place left to find some worthwhile action is FSO.  Unfortunately we have lost 3 squads over there in the last two months, with several others struggling to meet numbers.  It saddens me to no end.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2019, 05:13:56 PM »
We have no interest in a duel in the Melee.  The Pigs would like to apologize for hurting anyones feelings and making them log by fighting with or attacking them in an unwanted manner.  :rofl

Then why is a pig complaining about eny

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2019, 05:29:47 PM »
Yeah. I like the Yak9T. You miss the point Oldman. We fly those planes and more in events. The fun is there still. The melee not so much. I dont have to buy the try something else or fly a real plane or stop whining arguments. They just are not as fun when dealing with the opposing high speed planes. So when I can no longer keep up I log off. I hope that makes sense to you

By this age I recognize that it’s just not possible to understand how any other particular person looks at things! 

Many people, not just Pigs, have said that ENY detracts from their fun, and I accept that.  And I think it’s important to have lots of players in the game.  Seems to me, though, that you’re asking for a one-way street.  High-number side should be able to fly 10 high speed planes (or 15-20, as Semp indicates) against significantly inferior numbers, and the folks on the other side just have to live with that. 

Even I, an unusually patient person, have had the urge to log when I’m getting swarmed by Spit 16s, Yak3s and P47Ms.  So I would hope that everyone recognizes that it’s not just the I-hate-ENY people who are affected by lopsided player numbers.

- oldman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2019, 05:40:50 PM »
Then why is a pig complaining about eny
You are trolling. I'll not bite on your worthless bait.  Players like you are part of the problem not the solution.  Good Day Sir.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2019, 06:43:21 PM »
You are trolling. I'll not bite on your worthless bait.  Players like you are part of the problem not the solution.  Good Day Sir.

And hording bases in LW planes is a solution? That's why we have ENY.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2019, 08:41:26 PM »
And hording bases in LW planes is a solution? That's why we have ENY.

Tuesday night Pigs were fighting to recapture A2. Numbers were pretty much even in the fight for the longest time (and I think we only had 8 pigs together), however BISH ENY kept rising. We did capture A2 eventually, but anything after that was pretty much useless. Even trying to split the force by moving to the other front had us under ENY fighting even to bigger numbers.

We need a local ENY setup. There is far to little players can do to try and even things up.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2019, 10:12:01 PM »
Tuesday night Pigs were fighting to recapture A2. Numbers were pretty much even in the fight for the longest time (and I think we only had 8 pigs together), however BISH ENY kept rising. We did capture A2 eventually, but anything after that was pretty much useless. Even trying to split the force by moving to the other front had us under ENY fighting even to bigger numbers.

We need a local ENY setup. There is far to little players can do to try and even things up.

So bishops had overall numerical advantage and ENY slowed down the base take. What's the problem? Country ganging is gonna happen regardless to the high or low sided number. As much as it sucks for the high sided country it sucks even worse when it's the low sided country.

Local ENY sounds appealing but in reality on benefits the country with the most players as it makes it more difficult.for the low number countries to mount effective offense or defense. It's all about "strategery"
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 10:16:47 PM by atlau »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2019, 07:55:22 AM »

What's sad Fugi is we have one ack running pro telling us to up our game as a solution.  No one of import appears to be listening.  I am done with this thread. When there are 18-20 less Pigs in the arena on Tuesday nights (about 15% of current Tuesday prime time population) and 15 less Pigs in the arena on Fridays (about 12% of the current Friday prime time population) then things will really suck.  The players that are left will be wondering how did we get to sub 100 numbers on such a regular basis.  Well...maybe it was strategery.  :rolleyes:

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2019, 09:18:01 AM »
Yall could always create a custom arena to go 20v0 in late war planes with no ENY and fight unopposed and then go brag about wrecking the enemy fields on your boards...

Or you can simply switch sides to the country with no ENY if you have to fly a 51D...

Or you can fly a 51B and not switch sides...

Not that big of a deal...

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2019, 11:02:20 AM »
You haven't been reading, we switch eny goes up, and flying wouldn't be so bad in a ponyb, but when eny is at 28 then it sucks. Tuesdays is the day we got as a squad, we used to fly for 3 or 4 hours. Now when eny hits they start loggin off and go play another game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2019, 11:59:40 AM »
So you had overwhelming numbers as a country. Fly ENY 30 planes like the 100G6 or 38G. Or have half your squad switch countries.

Sounds like ENY is keeping the fight as close to evenly matched as possible as intended and not letting one country/team/squad rampage over the map unopposed.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2019, 12:55:59 PM »
I'm not sure what the mechanism would be for local eny, but it seems that with current numbers in the MA, it would still affect a 15-20 member squad.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2019, 02:38:41 PM »
I got it.... those on the high number team can get points towards the use of a low eny plane by doing a public service..... each supply drop on the low number side base or town (that requires help) will earn that person points to use on a plane when eny affects it.

That is way out of the box....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2019, 03:09:00 PM »
I'm not sure what the mechanism would be for local eny, but it seems that with current numbers in the MA, it would still affect a 15-20 member squad.

I don't think anyone is.  I've never seen anything remotely specific about it other than "Local ENY is what's needed."  I think there's a reason for that.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2019, 04:08:52 PM »
So bishops had overall numerical advantage and ENY slowed down the base take. What's the problem? Country ganging is gonna happen regardless to the high or low sided number. As much as it sucks for the high sided country it sucks even worse when it's the low sided country.

Local ENY sounds appealing but in reality on benefits the country with the most players as it makes it more difficult.for the low number countries to mount effective offense or defense. It's all about "strategery"

Yes the bish number grew over all, but the fight for A2 was still equal in numbers yet we were getting hit with a bigger ENY penalty. Then your stuck flying the lower tier planes and still trying to grab a base while dodging certain players who only BnZ in uber rides. Ya I guess you can call that "strategy"  :rolleyes:

ENY needs work. With the numbers as low as they are it is forcing players away. It is even worst during the day time east coast. As Semp said a couple guys swapping side bounces it all over the place. Its getting to the point at night prime time that if the pigs were to switch sides we would just bring the ENY with us. Granted we are most likely the last big squad, but even so we shouldnt be able to have that kind of effect on ENY by ourselves.

It wouldnt have at the fight I mentioned. The sides were even. It was the pigs and a few other against a like number of enemy. A fun fight that turned into "work".

ENY is suppose to be about trying to make things even, but it doesnt go far enough. Team A has 20, Team B has 20, and Team C has 40 players. Team C has ENY as it has twice the numbers of the lowest other team, yet both Teams A + B are fighting Team C, even numbers and yet Team C is flying a lower tier plane dodging P51s and Spit16s. Its just coad and its on the server side. Create a system that checks the number of players team wise VS the other teams. It could check a few times a minute. Run the math and if the two lower teams are hitting the bigger team ENY lowers for the bigger team. If not, ENY climbs.

Local ENY could be counted by sectors of if that isnt covered in the coad, use enlarged Radar circles. where groups over lap, do your ENY calculations for those.

Its just coad. Hitech is a pretty smart guys. Right now there are just too many loop holes in the system and they show up easier with the lower numbers.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 04:24:31 PM by The Fugitive »