Author Topic: limit eny when we have low players  (Read 13573 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: limit eny when we have low players
« Reply #180 on: November 02, 2019, 01:56:31 PM »
Of course.

Still waiting on the better idea.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #181 on: November 02, 2019, 01:57:29 PM »
Explain why it's not a bad idea.

There is a double safeguard placed on rides with both the ENY and perk system.
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #182 on: November 02, 2019, 02:03:38 PM »
Most aircraft are not limited by perks. If you have perks none of them are. The only people without perks are the new players who are already struggling. Perks are unable to do what ENY does. There are two different controls for two different things.

Now you may say that will all be changed somehow, but you haven't said how the magic happens.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 04:14:05 PM by FLS »

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #183 on: November 02, 2019, 02:08:11 PM »
ENY helps keep the sides balanced. If you scrap it what incentive is there for people to switch and balance?

And if you cant find a fight in p40 you're even less likely to find a fight in a spit16.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #184 on: November 02, 2019, 02:23:03 PM »
ENY helps keep the sides balanced. If you scrap it what incentive is there for people to switch and balance?

ENY doesnt promote players to switch sides, not with the 6 hour time limit for returning. Many players are also loyal to a team, there is nothing wqrong with that either, why would you want to alienate more players forcing them to fight against their teamates or squadmates?

And if you cant find a fight in p40 you're even less likely to find a fight in a spit16.

You dont fight against spit16s and ponies in a P40, all you do is dodge untill they lose their E and run away. Poor game play at its best. Add in the time involved if you up one field out. By the time you get there they have either run away, or captured the field and moved on to something else.

ENY doesnt work with the low numbers.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: November 02, 2019, 02:28:57 PM »
I guess yall play at odd times US. I understand folks across the pond play too. I never see less than about 80 or 90 so I'll sit back and wait for someone to have a better idea.

I logged in the other night.  3 players.  Yep just 3. Map had been up a couple of hours. I logged off and went iRacing.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2019, 03:39:08 PM »
... ENY doesnt work with the low numbers.

If it didn't work you wouldn't be complaining. It just doesn't work the way you want it to. It works the way HiTech wants it to. I'm sure he'd like a better solution too. We all want big squads to enjoy playing together when there are low numbers.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #187 on: November 02, 2019, 04:56:37 PM »
If it didn't work you wouldn't be complaining. It just doesn't work the way you want it to. It works the way HiTech wants it to. I'm sure he'd like a better solution too. We all want big squads to enjoy playing together when there are low numbers.

So you know Hitechs mind?  :rofl  Im sure he doesnt want to chase customers away, and that is what is happening. I think we NEED ENY, I just dont think it is effective the way it is set up. Sure it would take some coad work to make it better for the low numbers we have in prime time now as well as the VERY low numbers we have during EURO prime time.

Things have to change or the game will continue down the road it is on now. Slowly losing more numbers than we gain is not a way for this game to continue into 2020 and beyond. When a large squad that has been together for years and years is looking for other games because they fear this one is going to die soon it says something about the game. These are dedicated players that love playing all aspects of this game we are talking about, not some guys that are just tired of the game.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: November 02, 2019, 05:04:53 PM »
So you know Hitechs mind?  :rofl  Im sure he doesnt want to chase customers away, and that is what is happening. I think we NEED ENY, I just dont think it is effective the way it is set up. Sure it would take some coad work to make it better for the low numbers we have in prime time now as well as the VERY low numbers we have during EURO prime time.

Things have to change or the game will continue down the road it is on now. Slowly losing more numbers than we gain is not a way for this game to continue into 2020 and beyond. When a large squad that has been together for years and years is looking for other games because they fear this one is going to die soon it says something about the game. These are dedicated players that love playing all aspects of this game we are talking about, not some guys that are just tired of the game.

You're wasting your breath, bro.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #189 on: November 02, 2019, 05:12:03 PM »
So you know Hitechs mind?  :rofl  ...

Is that funnier than thinking he was waiting for you to tell him what to do?  :D

I'm usually correct. Not always. In this case HiTech explained his position again in this very same thread.

Remember reading that?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: November 03, 2019, 02:05:31 AM »

when there are low numbers we arent talking squds, it's individuals, I posted on the other thread about 10 players logged in and there was eny. I have logged in when a country has no players so what's the point of eny with less than 20 players?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2019, 07:41:14 AM »
... I have logged in when a country has no players so what's the point of eny with less than 20 players?

semp

Same as the point with 20 players.

What is the correct number of players for ENY?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2019, 08:57:07 AM »
when there are low numbers we arent talking squds, it's individuals, I posted on the other thread about 10 players logged in and there was eny. I have logged in when a country has no players so what's the point of eny with less than 20 players?

semp

There is no point unless it is to tick people off, particularly with the counterproductive side switch timer.

It's time to think beyond ENY during low numbers time periods.     Something like giving the low side all-seeing radar or decreased rebuild times for example.    Or higher point values and perks for destroying things.    SOMETHING.  ANYTHING.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 10:33:13 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #193 on: November 03, 2019, 10:07:19 AM »
What's the correct number of players to designate the low player time periods?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #194 on: November 03, 2019, 11:08:35 AM »
What's the correct number of players to designate the low player time periods?

I don't have that answer, but I would start my opening bid at forty.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 11:26:08 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned