Author Topic: All those just reading the boards/forum  (Read 2892 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
All those just reading the boards/forum
« on: October 23, 2019, 09:02:12 PM »
if the 35 people that were reading the boards/forum was playing the game instead, I bet the numbers would be better.....

God knows I wish I could physically get up if only for 30 minutes.....to fly a couple/few sorties....

Just putting it down how I view it......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Re: All those just reading the boards/forum
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 09:34:47 PM »
I hope those 22 people that logged out went to play the game

https://youtu.be/lDeD0heDQ-c
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 11:01:10 PM »
Yeah, I wanna play too but my kids sometimes hijack all my game playing plans. Some want to play Rust. Sometimes we shoot hoops. Others we play BF-V.   :furious

And then my wife demands some of my quality time too.  :x

What’s left? Well, sleep. And the forums.  :D
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 01:16:51 AM »
Hard to play on the train to or from work or my lunch break.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 02:49:45 AM »
Forum Worrior Online is the best game.
The arena is something to do so you can make a thread about it.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 03:01:48 AM »
 :rofl
Forum Worrior Online is the best game.
The arena is something to do so you can make a thread about it.

I wasn't casting any stones...... I just wish I was able to play...

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 04:48:01 AM »
hehe, good point TC, but I rarely play even in the AvA these days, and I really miss Thursday Night Tank fights!
I keep my head down working on terrains while doing a driveby of the forums when my wrists give out, else I'm documenting how these things are done, or trying to figure out how to attract new players.

I'm about to launch a persistent, updated version of H2H on a custom terrain for new players. Wish me and HTC luck. I got tired of people who didn't bother to learn what HTC was doing to make subscribing easier and more appealing.
I've thought for a long time that the missing bit was the old H2H free arenas. I'm willing to build one and keep it running 24/7 for a couple of months to see if the old magic returns. I think my time is better spent in here then in the MA, sorry.

:cheers:

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 09:34:10 AM »
hehe, good point TC, but I rarely play even in the AvA these days, and I really miss Thursday Night Tank fights!
I keep my head down working on terrains while doing a driveby of the forums when my wrists give out, else I'm documenting how these things are done, or trying to figure out how to attract new players.

I'm about to launch a persistent, updated version of H2H on a custom terrain for new players. Wish me and HTC luck. I got tired of people who didn't bother to learn what HTC was doing to make subscribing easier and more appealing.
I've thought for a long time that the missing bit was the old H2H free arenas. I'm willing to build one and keep it running 24/7 for a couple of months to see if the old magic returns. I think my time is better spent in here then in the MA, sorry.

:cheers:

Cool. That sounds like fun!
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 01:04:40 PM »
if the 35 people that were reading the boards/forum was playing the game instead, I bet the numbers would be better.....

God knows I wish I could physically get up if only for 30 minutes.....to fly a couple/few sorties....

Just putting it down how I view it......

Umm.  You're reading this too.   :headscratch:

Coogan

(just kidding TC, you're a good guy.)
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2019, 04:43:46 PM »
I try to log in an hour or so each day, but sometimes real life just gets in the way.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2019, 12:56:51 PM »
I am not reading..... just posting.   :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2019, 10:31:22 PM »
I'd love to play again. There's some great people n the game, but the game has changed..and not for the better IMO.  :noid My computer wore out yrs ago and I sold all my stick and rudder stuff. Several of my AcesHigh war buddies are passed away. I probably miss Heeler the most. And sawing off spitfire wings with 8 .50 cals. :rock Maybe again one day, but right now I'm too busy and am hoping for some game changes too I guess. 
Lighten up Francis

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2019, 10:46:39 PM »
I'd love to play again. There's some great people n the game, but the game has changed..and not for the better IMO.  :noid My computer wore out yrs ago and I sold all my stick and rudder stuff. Several of my AcesHigh war buddies are passed away. I probably miss Heeler the most. And sawing off spitfire wings with 8 .50 cals. :rock Maybe again one day, but right now I'm too busy and am hoping for some game changes too I guess.
Hey Uptown how you doing man.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2019, 11:11:38 PM »
I'm doing well Rude. I'm glad to see ur still in there taking out the bad guys. What are you flying these days?
Lighten up Francis

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2019, 12:44:32 AM »
I'm doing well Rude. I'm glad to see ur still in there taking out the bad guys. What are you flying these days?

Hey Uptown, miss ya buddy! Im still flying around now and then as well. Twin is in now and then to stir up trouble as well. Get back as soon as you can.