Author Topic: Pedals No Longer Detected By Game  (Read 611 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Pedals No Longer Detected By Game
« on: December 01, 2019, 08:11:35 PM »
If it's not one thing it's another...

All of the sudden the game stopped recognizing the analog axes on my rudder pedals when I'm running my CH pedals in Mapped mode. Control Manager sees them just fine, and they test and calibrate as normal. If I use direct mode the game recognizes the pedals. However whenever I set it to mapped, the pedals stop responding. The game DOES still see that the controller physically exists, but the axes do not work or calibrate. I have a number of functions enabled using CMS so I NEED to use Mapped mode. I've made no other changes to my configuration, and it was working just fine last night. All of the analog axes on my other CH controllers work:

Fighterstick
Pro Throttle
Throttle Quadrant
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
Re: Pedals No Longer Detected By Game
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 09:32:56 PM »
Did the brakes and rudder get mapped to a button maybe? I've had that happen before.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 10:16:03 PM »
I checked the mappings. The device appears in the list, and the axes are mapped. However when I move the controls the numbers after the axis name doesn't change to indicate the position. This only happens when I turn Mapped mode on in CH Control Manager. I've also double-checked the axes and devices there, and confirmed they are correct. And like I said, the controller functions normally in CM.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 06:40:57 AM »
Id check over at the CH site. Ive heard that there are a lot of issue between the CH manger program and Win10

Online Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 07:45:09 AM »
Id check over at the CH site. Ive heard that there are a lot of issue between the CH manger program and Win10

This. Yeah CM acted up when I went to Win10. I'm still using the throttle. I forget what the drill was to getting it to work. I don't even mess with it since I got it working! Same sort of deal. When I went to mapped mode everything greyed out in CM and nothing worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 08:53:41 AM »

This. Yeah CM acted up when I went to Win10. I'm still using the throttle. I forget what the drill was to getting it to work. I don't even mess with it since I got it working! Same sort of deal. When I went to mapped mode everything greyed out in CM and nothing worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everything works in CM after I set Mapped mode. All controllers calibrate and all buttons function. It's only when I actually start the game that the pedals stop responding. I'm using the exact same controller map as I had on Saturday night when the game was working fine. I've made no changes to it at all.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 10:30:07 AM »
If you haven't changed anything it might be a Windows10 glitch. Simply keep the Shift button down and click Shutdown. Start normally. Check if the issue persists.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 03:23:32 PM »
:aok THIS.....I had to stop using the "Mapped"/ CHTarget software all together. Yes you will lose all the "Macro"type button push functions, but AH/windows drivers work just fine with out the Software running things.Exact same issue with Saitek's software mapping system. That is usually my first solution when I see someone In-game having control issues :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 08:57:49 PM »
Similar to 1stpar I don't use the CH software at all, I just map the controllers in Aces High, and rarely have issues with my CH setup, other than occaisional problems with TeamSpeak holding the correct "push to speak" button.....but I attribute that to  TeamSpeak issue.