Author Topic: Work in progress  (Read 611 times)

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
Work in progress
« on: December 24, 2001, 01:07:00 PM »

Last update 30 dec

TADA! All fields placed... Now each has to be check for terrain anomalies, gv/pt spawnpoints and correct battery's.

Down side is that the map now has 9.5k objects and with 10k object limit might be tight to fit in things like HQ, city, factories, etc. Not to mention depots and stations  :(

Broes

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: Broes ]

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Work in progress
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2001, 01:07:00 PM »
cool, thats a very nice red cross,but wheres the preview?

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
Work in progress
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2001, 02:56:00 PM »
Sorry, that was a zoomed in picture of the Zurich hospital...ehum... The link works now  :)

Broes

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
Work in progress
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2001, 04:03:00 PM »
I will be updating the map regularly... placing fields is luckily easier then i though and all fields get gv spawn points to close by fields, shore batteries, pt spawn points close and far. The whole map should have in the end 140 fields, not counting depots and country objects.

ATM I am trying to crack down the capturable port with TG... I have a TG, sailing happily where you can take off from but flatting the city belonging to the port and dropping goons will result in goons not running to the maproom in the city...

Broes

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
Work in progress
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2001, 02:18:00 PM »
I also put the .res file on my home page and this along with the above map will be updated each day I worked on it.

Euro6 map

Last update 29 dec

-Terrains around the fields have been checked for anomalies
-spawn points for planes/boats and GV's checked

Broes

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: Broes ]

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
Work in progress
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2001, 03:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Broes:
I also put the .res file on my home page and this along with the above map will be updated each day I worked on it.

Euro6 map

Last update 28 dec

-Terrains around the fields have been checked for anomalies
-spawn points for planes/boats and GV's checked

Broes

The terrain looks good!

Just to let you know, if you, or others  didn't know.

I would recommend NOT placing a .res file here for downloading of the Terrain you are building, UNLESS you plan to rename it everytime you update it.

If 2 or more people join an H2H game, each with the same name but different version of your Terrain, it will cause major problems for them.

So Euro6  version Updated in Nov will not work with someone who has Euro6 version Updated in Dec.

So I'm assuming this is the 6th version of your Euro terrain?

Pokie  ;)

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
Work in progress
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2001, 04:55:00 PM »
Thnx  :)

Yeah... versions 1 through 5 were mostly "how-to-get-a-grey-alt-version-properly-to-AH-format". Finding a good detailed alt map of europe was the hardest part though. Most work was to manualy place terrain tiles so that they fit the alt/climat of the actual country. Cost me a mouse and 38 RSI points  ;)

And the final version wont be called euro6 anyway... Still pondering about an enigmatic name...  :)

Broes

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
Work in progress
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2001, 05:52:00 PM »
86 down... 54 to go... *massages wrist*

broes