Author Topic: AI Ignore Last Man Standing  (Read 654 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
AI Ignore Last Man Standing
« on: December 04, 2019, 10:11:30 PM »

It seems that if all my wingmen die, the remaining AI start ignoring me.  They just start flying off and I can come up behind them and shoot them. 

(See attached example)
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: AI Ignore Last Man Standing
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 11:05:39 AM »
What mission were you running?

Also from the film the AI numbers are very high, had you repeated  with out restarting?

When I tested after all my wingman died and was still attacked so i'm searching for a test difference.

HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 11:15:46 AM »
What mission were you running?

Also from the film the AI numbers are very high, had you repeated  with out restarting?

When I tested after all my wingman died and was still attacked so i'm searching for a test difference.

HiTech

I saw it on several missions. 

It is possible that was a case of a restart. Often I would go back without leaving the arena and select the mission again.  I would often see AI from the last mission still in the air for a second or two in addition to the new AI.  Then they'd vanish so I didn't worry about that.  Maybe that was getting things weird. 

I'll try some more experiments to see if I can get them to do with from a fresh run and not a rerun.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 12:51:40 PM »

I'm having trouble reproducing this one.  I think I saw it 3 times last night in different missions. 

Here is what I suspect happened...  (without hard evidence)

I think in those cases I had split off 2 enemy AI on me and separated off from the others.  I believe I killed off my two enemy AI and the other enemy AI killed off my AI wingmen. 

I suspect the remaining enemy AI failed to reassign me as their next target maybe because they thought two others were already assigned to me and there is a default 2-on-1 AI limit.  So they went back into waypoint mode thinking I was already covered. 

But, I could be deluding myself.  ;)  It's hard to exactly recreate that.

Since it is fairly rare and not a horrendous problem,  if the film didn't point to an obvious clue, I would prioritize this one pretty low.

:salute