Author Topic: How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?  (Read 62951 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?
« Reply #240 on: December 19, 2019, 02:06:42 PM »
Have those impulses formed any ideas in your cerebrum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.
HiTech

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #241 on: December 19, 2019, 02:17:14 PM »
I am one of them that has been lost. When I first started I was single and in college, then stopped then started back over again for college degree. I had all the time in the world to play for hours a day.

Now I have a full time job, family with grade school children, and mortgage/bills. With my hours I may only have 30 minutes of play time after work and unknown on my days off. When I resubbed and tried again, this is what happened:

Fire Up game, get in flight, 5 minutes later one of the kids come in and "Im booooored, get off the computer and PLAY!" (game time over)
Fire Up game, get in flight, 5 minutes later, wife comes in and says I need to get off computer for "insert reason". (game time over)
Fire Up game, get in flight, 5 minutes later, kids fight and wife says get off my butt and be helpful (game time ends)
Fire Up game, get in flight, 5 minutes later, one of the kids say "mooooom, dads playing a game on the computer!" Wife yells (game time over)
Fire Up game, get in flight, 5 minutes later, wife says "I dont need to spend my day off playing on the computer" (game time ends)
Fire Up game, get in flight, 5 minutes later, wife wants to go somewhere cause she is bored (game time over)

Now after everyone is asleep, I can get on and goof around, but a half hour may only get a few sorties before I have to get to bed before work again the next day.

My problem now is that I just really dont have the time to play and do something constructive at this point in life. $15 a month makes it hard to pay for something and not get my moneys worth out of it if I only play 5 hours a month
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: December 19, 2019, 02:19:52 PM »

Advertising.

:bolt:

Possibly in other languages.  How is Google with "Texan to Mandarin"?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #243 on: December 19, 2019, 02:20:28 PM »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #244 on: December 19, 2019, 02:21:53 PM »
I am one of them that has been lost. When I first started I was single and in college, then stopped then started back over again for college degree. I had all the time in the world to play for hours a day.

Now I have a full time job, family with grade school children, and mortgage/bills. With my hours I may only have 30 minutes of play time after work and unknown on my days off. When I resubbed and tried again, this is what happened:

Fire Up game, get in flight, 5 minutes later one of the kids come in and "Im booooored, get off the computer and PLAY!" (game time over)
Fire Up game, get in flight, 5 minutes later, wife comes in and says I need to get off computer for "insert reason". (game time over)
Fire Up game, get in flight, 5 minutes later, kids fight and wife says get off my butt and be helpful (game time ends)
Fire Up game, get in flight, 5 minutes later, one of the kids say "mooooom, dads playing a game on the computer!" Wife yells (game time over)
Fire Up game, get in flight, 5 minutes later, wife says "I dont need to spend my day off playing on the computer" (game time ends)
Fire Up game, get in flight, 5 minutes later, wife wants to go somewhere cause she is bored (game time over)

Now after everyone is asleep, I can get on and goof around, but a half hour may only get a few sorties before I have to get to bed before work again the next day.

My problem now is that I just really dont have the time to play and do something constructive at this point in life. $15 a month makes it hard to pay for something and not get my moneys worth out of it if I only play 5 hours a month

Time to get a girlfriend!   :old:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2019, 02:23:26 PM »
Possibly in other languages.  How is Google with "Texan to Mandarin"?

Wiley.

Which Texas dialect are we talking about? There are somethings google can't translate

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #246 on: December 19, 2019, 02:25:04 PM »

I was in a 10 yr marriage with a woman like that. Never again will I live with someone who feels the need to dictate my existence.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #247 on: December 19, 2019, 02:25:37 PM »

Do you have any idea what those cost?  And it's not like you get more than 5 hours of use out of them a month.  Definitely a worse value for the dollar.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #248 on: December 19, 2019, 02:26:35 PM »
I was in a 10 yr marriage with a woman like that. Never again will I live with someone who feels the need to dictate my existence.

Same here.   Now I have two girlfriends who do what I say.   :rofl
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #249 on: December 19, 2019, 02:28:35 PM »
I have a lovely girlfriend and we show each other mutual respect and life is gold.

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #250 on: December 19, 2019, 02:28:44 PM »
I don't think 2 sides will work at all I play many games that is 2 sided and it is either land slide wins or land slide losses there are very few close games.

what if we put a 15 mile ring around a base and if a enemy enter the ring it starts capturing the base the ring around the base starting filling up and once full you take the base the only way to stop it would be have the same amount of defenders up in the ring as the attackers if there is just one less defender than attacker then the ring starts filling again so either you up and fight or lose the base this could help channel the masses to one area. might be a bad idea but its an idea.
G3-MF

Offline Wildin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2019, 02:32:25 PM »
How much do they charge? :devil

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2019, 02:36:24 PM »
How much do they charge? :devil

Way too much!

If it flies, floats, or . . . it's cheaper to rent it!  :banana:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #253 on: December 19, 2019, 02:42:07 PM »
So why not multiple language support?

Is that a fantasy or something that can work?

Cheap translation can end up comical (proof: https://youtu.be/8fvTxv46ano). Communication in the arena requires some English anyway.

Keyboard adjusted on-screen instructions would help. With no joystick connected on auto-take-off a message says press "<SHIFT> = (plus sign)" to increase throttle. The problem is that on some keyboards = and + aren't on the same key, and the key that needs to be pressed is "´".

The message does not appear if any kind of stick-like thing is connected, even if no throttle is mapped (e.g., message does not appear if only pedals (no throttle) are connected).

The result is noobs sitting on the runway for a few minutes, then disappearing.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #254 on: December 19, 2019, 02:48:37 PM »
Cheap translation can end up comical (proof: https://youtu.be/8fvTxv46ano). Communication in the arena requires some English anyway.

Keyboard adjusted on-screen instructions would help. With no joystick connected on auto-take-off a message says press "<SHIFT> = (plus sign)" to increase throttle. The problem is that on some keyboards = and + aren't on the same key, and the key that needs to be pressed is "´".

The message does not appear if any kind of stick-like thing is connected, even if no throttle is mapped (e.g., message does not appear if only pedals (no throttle) are connected).

The result is noobs sitting on the runway for a few minutes, then disappearing.

I'd be more concerned with tech support.  Guy phoning in looking for help getting his joystick to work in Korean or Russian might be a bit of a difficult situation for Dale.

I suppose "Have you tried turning it off and on again" in multiple languages could be put on a phonetic cheat sheet.

Wiley.

JG11