Author Topic: How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?  (Read 62932 times)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
Re: How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?
« Reply #300 on: December 22, 2019, 03:54:39 PM »
Puma....yeah, I still "feel the need, the need for....furball!" :)

Agreed! I still play though having a couple of strokes and (I'm told) a heart attack... but I
continue to plug away
Not near as good as I was (wasn't very good anyway) but AH provides me with the idea that
I will get better  :aok
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #301 on: December 22, 2019, 04:30:38 PM »
P....

The new place is rural...not too sure of the 'gaming quality' internet available. I think about the only choice is going to be one of those "fixed wireless" companies. Not sure if it will be good enough. I don't want laggy gameplay; not worth it. We will see.

Verizon wireless normally works well enough for me in rural Montana mountains.  Hope you return to give it a try!    :salute   :airplane: :airplane:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #302 on: December 22, 2019, 11:41:13 PM »
I seem to be the target on Monday Night Madness. It is a blast. Lots of laughs and great fun.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #303 on: December 23, 2019, 12:03:58 AM »
I seem to be the target on Monday Night Madness. It is a blast. Lots of laughs and great fun.

When you fly an airplane with a bumper sticker on it that says, "Poke me here!" well.........   :banana:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #304 on: December 23, 2019, 08:32:00 AM »
This is sorta what I imagined with a full time fighter bowl on a map similar to the AvA. I love MNM, but it is so hard for me to play on Monday. Wish there was an arena similar to it that was packed like that all of the time.

That’s what the AvA has the immediate potential of being, if players would go in and use it vs the typical whining of the maps are two big, there are three sides, the sides are lopsided, etc, etc, etc.  It’s great nonstop action, there for the taking. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #305 on: December 23, 2019, 09:30:28 AM »
It’s great nonstop action, there for the taking.

You mean MNM, I assume?  I've never seen anyone in there any other time.

I'm not really sure how much MNM fits into the historical map/historical plane-set Historical AO, AvA was intended for, but whatever works for you. 
If people are having fun, roll with it.  ;)

It's sorta like running Pawn Stars on the History Channel.  :D

I know what the problem is, the AvA is only two sides.  Have they considered changing it to AvAvA?   :noid

:salute 

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 09:42:25 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #306 on: December 23, 2019, 09:50:01 AM »
That’s what the AvA has the immediate potential of being, if players would go in and use it vs the typical whining of the maps are two big, there are three sides, the sides are lopsided, etc, etc, etc.  It’s great nonstop action, there for the taking.

People don’t want an AvA.   They want a Melee.   Many want a two-sided Melee.  AvA is neither.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #307 on: December 23, 2019, 09:50:52 AM »

I'm not really sure how much MNM fits into the historical map/historical plane-set Historical AO, AvA was intended for, but whatever works for you. 

I know what the problem is, the AvA is only two sides.  Have they considered changing it to AvAvA?   :noid

One of these days I need to buy you a beer.   :cheers:  You crack me up.   :rofl
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #308 on: December 23, 2019, 10:03:48 AM »

Have you tried MNM?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #309 on: December 23, 2019, 10:22:03 AM »
Have you tried MNM?

I have nothing against the MNM.  I'm glad you guys enjoy it.  With the declining numbers, I support anything people have fun with.

I was just always confused how it fit into the AvA mission, as opposed to simply running it in an SEA.  Isn't it really just an Event?

When I was trying to come up with a list of interesting AvA matchups for the 4x4 missions I basically went  through a bunch of the past posts of AvA setups to steal their pairing.
In the process I got sucked in to reading the whole saga of the CT/AvA evolution over a decade.  All the drama, all the spectacle.   It was an interesting story arc.  Like a Shakespearean tragedy.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 10:29:03 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #310 on: December 23, 2019, 11:18:06 AM »
FWIW I sometimes stop in on MNM, and give Shuffler a break on being the main fall guy, but I always enjoy it when I make it.   :aok  Of course I also miss the old Mid War arena when it had enough players, and of course miss the days when we had 2 MA's, and sometimes you couldn't even neccessarily jump in to join your squaddies at the moment because one of the MA's would be completely full.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #311 on: December 23, 2019, 11:21:28 AM »
and of course miss the days when we had 2 MA's, and sometimes you couldn't even neccessarily jump in to join your squaddies at the moment because one of the MA's would be completely full.

LoL.  I hated it at the time, but I'd love to have enough players to have that problem again.  :D

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #312 on: December 23, 2019, 11:42:35 AM »
...when we had 2 MA's, and sometimes you couldn't even neccessarily jump in to join your squaddies at the moment because one of the MA's would be completely full.

They never were completely full, but limited only artificially to force a distribution of players.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #313 on: December 23, 2019, 02:59:42 PM »
 If you love a good dogfight, try MNM ie Monday Night Madness in the ava.  If you are a dogfighter...that is where you will find the dogs!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #314 on: December 23, 2019, 03:07:13 PM »
They never were completely full, but limited only artificially to force a distribution of players.

:headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:
”KILLER V”
The Damned