Author Topic: How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?  (Read 62950 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?
« Reply #570 on: January 28, 2020, 12:37:07 PM »

Once again, a condescending swipe instead of JUST an offer to help. 

It may be easy to YOU or based on your limited exposure to other platforms.   That doesn't make it so for the rest of the planet.

Speaking of which, his description of the problem was the easiest I've seen.  What specific part of his request is the problem [in terms of understanding what he needs]?

This was the straw if anyone is interested, starting a personal attack.
While this is just a very minor infraction it is one that should not happen from someone who has been warned.

HiTech
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 12:39:22 PM by hitech »

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #571 on: January 28, 2020, 01:00:56 PM »
 :rofl I can’t believe he lasted as long as he did. Hate to see it.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #572 on: January 28, 2020, 01:03:32 PM »
https://youtu.be/452XjnaHr1A

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #573 on: January 28, 2020, 01:04:57 PM »
You clowns better start practicing, because when this fiber optic hits my house in a few months I will be building a PC...

And to give my answer to the OP:  time. I was in college when I quit playing, and obviously my time was spent elsewhere. When I did try logging back on, the fights were dull and numbers were down. Plus my PC at the time was outdated (worse than it was when I started playing). Now, I’ve gone about 6 years without internet at my house and no PC.

<S>

Josh
Hurry back brother.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #574 on: January 28, 2020, 01:20:10 PM »
This was the straw if anyone is interested, starting a personal attack.
While this is just a very minor infraction it is one that should not happen from someone who has been warned.

HiTech

I hate that... :rofl :rofl :rofl

:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #575 on: January 28, 2020, 01:20:50 PM »
Aces High has the easiest controller setup I've used.  What is the specific problem?

Thank you for responding.  First of all when I went to 8.1 some years ago when going to Windows to calibrate even though the icon was up for the controller at times windows seemed not to know it was present.
I'd try to calibrate and nothing happened when I moved the controller or buttons.  It recognizes the combat stick but the pedals I get no response at all.  The throttle seems not to respond to the actual throttle.  And yes I do select the appropriate controller before calibrating and programming buttons and axis.  The Throttle on  my Combat stick (left wheel on the controller base)  However responds as a throttle but the Throttle controller does not. This has got this old man mumbling to himself.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?
« Reply #576 on: January 28, 2020, 01:26:48 PM »
Thank you for responding.  First of all when I went to 8.1 some years ago when going to Windows to calibrate even though the icon was up for the controller at times windows seemed not to know it was present.
I'd try to calibrate and nothing happened when I moved the controller or buttons.  It recognizes the combat stick but the pedals I get no response at all.  The throttle seems not to respond to the actual throttle.  And yes I do select the appropriate controller before calibrating and programming buttons and axis.  The Throttle on  my Combat stick (left wheel on the controller base)  However responds as a throttle but the Throttle controller does not. This has got this old man mumbling to himself.

I can't speak for CH products as I fly Saitek. I never install the controller apps. Those only seems jumble up my hotas. I plug in and play.

Are you using the most recent version of your controller software?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #577 on: January 28, 2020, 01:29:28 PM »
In AH clipboard, think it's options, controllers, go to map controllers. Up at the top will be a drop down list of the controllers plugged into your pc. Your throttle should be there on the list although it may not be the first one, if it's not on the list windows isn't seeing it for whatever reason. But for now let's assume it's there. Select it. Now you can assign the throttle axis to it along with any other buttons. Double click on throttle axis from the list. Calibrate it. Done.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #578 on: January 28, 2020, 01:33:52 PM »
Oh and I had a prob setting up my CH throttle when I went to Win10. Got it and let it be. Went to mess with it last week and messed it up lol! Took me a while to find what I did to fix it but K mine is back up. The CH software and Win10 don't play nice with each other. If you're having a problem like that I might be able to help. Try what I said in the last post first and let me know.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #579 on: January 28, 2020, 01:39:49 PM »
Drano, this is just a question. Will CH products run using the native plug n play drivers or do you have to have the CH software?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #580 on: January 28, 2020, 02:34:06 PM »

I would skip calibrating in Windows.

Are you using the CH software? Is that required for the pedals etc to show up?

If all the controllers show up in Aces High just calibrate and set them up in the game.

Deselect the throttle on the stick to make it available for the throttle controller.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #581 on: January 28, 2020, 02:46:39 PM »
To tell you the truth I'm not sure. I always used the control manager because I had profiles set up there. If it does work mapping everything in AH is a snap. Hit a button and map it to a command. Only ones that ya can't are like dot commands.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #582 on: January 28, 2020, 02:49:16 PM »
i good question would be to ask hitech what's the slowest computer he tested ah3 on.

if i recall correctly hitech requested permission to scan everybody's computer in anticipation of ah3. only a handful and i think less than 10 didn't have the necessary hardware.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #583 on: January 28, 2020, 03:19:39 PM »
I don't think any sticks need to have controller software running.

Also I have had times where I had to bring up "Setup USb Game controller" Find it by typing Joystick in the search windows of windows 10.

Then Hit the set to "Reset to default"  button  on the Properties/Settings tab for all sticks after first doing a clean boot with no stick software running.
If your stick is working in the Usb Game controllers it will work in AH.

HiTech

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #584 on: January 28, 2020, 06:05:42 PM »
Thanks all.  I've never used Control Manager to play AH.  As I said I'm using windows 8.1.  I've always setup my controllers using the AH app in game.
- The Flying Circus -