Author Topic: All i want for christmas is---  (Read 2274 times)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
All i want for christmas is---
« on: December 23, 2019, 10:22:34 AM »
a 2 or 3 hour side change timer test for 1 or 2 tours-reason-eny was as I understand to help even out the sides of each country, but as everyone knows that isn't working, maybe 3 people will change sides only because they can't fly their primo rides. I think with a shorter side change timer more people would be more willing to change sides. when they know they don't have to wait so long to get back. sure some will holler SPY but I believe most if not all players are honorable and would not do that in which they could do now.

some will say I'm in a squad, so what, have you ever wondered if you were a better pilot or shot than a squaddie? or a fellow countryman. and so what about spies, a person may learn stuff about a country that wouldn't be relevant 2 or 3 hours later.
I actually would prefer a 2 hour side change timer, it may get more people to switch.

last tour I switched to bish for 4-1/2 days, and was treated nicely, I don't know if it was my star quality(I'm famous you know) or if it was real friendship both worked though.

so HiTech Santa would you please consider this?  Merry Christmas Ya'll
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: All i want for christmas is---
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 10:23:07 AM »
I agree, 1 hour change time for January!
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 11:58:33 AM »
When logging on after having been offline for x amount of time (e.g. 30 min) move the player to a neutral state and allow free choice of the side. Or ground/mute the player for 30 min after switching sides from having been active for another country.

Or make switching part of the game. On take-off select "neutral", which disables all coms, ack, and weapons. To switch countries simply land at a different countries field.

(No amount of switch time prevents information leaks.
Not that it really matters with some having more than one account.)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 01:27:34 PM »
My rule is to fly in a completely different area when I change sides. I must say I have not changed sides in some time where I used to all the time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 04:58:54 PM »
When logging on after having been offline for x amount of time (e.g. 30 min) move the player to a neutral state and allow free choice of the side. Or ground/mute the player for 30 min after switching sides from having been active for another country.

Or make switching part of the game. On take-off select "neutral", which disables all coms, ack, and weapons. To switch countries simply land at a different countries field.

(No amount of switch time prevents information leaks.
Not that it really matters with some having more than one account.)
ground/mute the player for 30 min after switching sides from having been active for another country. any restriction on a player would tick them off and log off.

Or make switching part of the game. On take-off select "neutral", which disables all coms, ack, and weapons. To switch countries simply land at a different countries field. <^ this allow for spying
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 05:39:32 PM »
ground/mute the player for 30 min after switching sides from having been active for another country. any restriction on a player would tick them off and log off.
Yes, the preferred option is to be able to choose after having been offline for a sufficiently long time.

Or make switching part of the game. On take-off select "neutral", which disables all coms, ack, and weapons. To switch countries simply land at a different countries field. <^ this allow for spying
Disabling coms includes incoming text/audio chat. What I forgot on that list is incoming dar reports, i.e. disable bar and dot dar (maybe not own proxy-dar). It is nearly the same as being grounded, except the player is kept busy by having to fly.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 05:43:31 PM »
a 2 or 3 hour side change timer test for 1 or 2 tours-reason-eny was as I understand to help even out the sides of each country, but as everyone knows that isn't working, maybe 3 people will change sides only because they can't fly their primo rides. I think with a shorter side change timer more people would be more willing to change sides. when they know they don't have to wait so long to get back. sure some will holler SPY but I believe most if not all players are honorable and would not do that in which they could do now.

some will say I'm in a squad, so what, have you ever wondered if you were a better pilot or shot than a squaddie? or a fellow countryman. and so what about spies, a person may learn stuff about a country that wouldn't be relevant 2 or 3 hours later.
I actually would prefer a 2 hour side change timer, it may get more people to switch.

last tour I switched to bish for 4-1/2 days, and was treated nicely, I don't know if it was my star quality(I'm famous you know) or if it was real friendship both worked though.

so HiTech Santa would you please consider this?  Merry Christmas Ya'll

+1
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 06:03:52 PM »
Funny, you ask for switch time to be reduced while at same time admit you switched for 4 1/2 days and it was nice.

Pigs had this rule, pig should not kill a pig, it was due to losing several players to those who switched.  But if you switched and another pig would later log in, you could always ask to fight in same areas.

Now with less numbers and pigs being one of the largest squads we affected eny big time. It didn't matter which side we had we always had eny on squad nights. So we decided to fly which ever side you want.  We still are on the same channel and talk to each other no matter which country.  It's actually pretty cool, we have fun without worrying too much about eny. And we managed to shot each other and make fun of it.

So what about this spying thingy?  Not sure, we don't.

Think it's one of those things like shade accounts, does it happen?  Maybe but not as bad as some people make it to be.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2019, 07:44:52 PM »
I'm all for trying now protocol, see what happens.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2019, 08:56:22 PM »
Funny, you ask for switch time to be reduced while at same time admit you switched for 4 1/2 days and it was nice.

Pigs had this rule, pig should not kill a pig, it was due to losing several players to those who switched.  But if you switched and another pig would later log in, you could always ask to fight in same areas.

Now with less numbers and pigs being one of the largest squads we affected eny big time. It didn't matter which side we had we always had eny on squad nights. So we decided to fly which ever side you want.  We still are on the same channel and talk to each other no matter which country.  It's actually pretty cool, we have fun without worrying too much about eny. And we managed to shot each other and make fun of it.

So what about this spying thingy?  Not sure, we don't.

Think it's one of those things like shade accounts, does it happen?  Maybe but not as bad as some people make it to be.

semp

I was talking with another player on range about a guy he just shot down. The player who had just been shot down started texting on 200 that he could hear everything this player was saying. Yup, Im sure he had a shade account. Screen shotted and sent to Hitech, we'll see what happens.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2019, 08:57:51 PM »
I was talking with another player on range about a guy he just shot down. The player who had just been shot down started texting on 200 that he could hear everything this player was saying. Yup, Im sure he had a shade account.

You can tune to Vox on a cross-country channel and listen regardless of country. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2019, 08:58:26 PM »
You can tune to Vox on a cross-country channel and listen regardless of country.

not range    ;)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2019, 10:05:48 PM »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2019, 11:21:06 PM »
+1
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2019, 10:04:33 PM »
not range    ;)
Nope wasn’t on range or cross country chat. And could hear every si god word lol.