Author Topic: WWI New Year Party - 1/3  (Read 2302 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
WWI New Year Party - 1/3
« on: December 24, 2019, 01:35:40 PM »
Please join us for our Annual WWI Combat Challenge. The event will take place in Special Events Arena 1 on January 3 at 11 PM EST (normal FSO time). It will last 2 hours and all WWI aircraft will be available. We will be using the same terrain as last year, Somme. If you have never joined us for this event, please do. There is simply nothing like it. White knuckled flying for 120 minutes straight.  :airplane:

C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline AKQwik

• Copper Member
Re: WWI New Year Party - 1/3
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 04:15:16 PM »
Even the dying is fun in this event.

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 09:41:07 PM »
I Will be there ready to have loads of fun.
Pops
 :airplane: :old: :cheers:

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 10:38:42 AM »
One more day!
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 10:32:56 AM »
I am chomping at the bit. Ready to fly canvas killing machines.  :grin: :cheers:

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 10:46:11 AM »
I am going to enjoy killing Twinkles and taking his tender roast as well. MUHAHAHAHAHA!
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 10:22:59 AM »
Poor Twinkles got destroyed yesterday. >:)

Offline Twinkles

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 10:29:37 AM »

Twinkles had major joystick problems during this two hour event. Nevertheless, Twinkles landed several kills and flew bravely and fearlessly into the carnage of the battlefield and successfully defeated numerous enemies.

There were several opponents that took advantage of Twinkles joystick issues during this event. One of them goes by the handle LNG15. I think that is an acronym for Little Naughty Guy 15. Watch out for him. He is sneaky. Even though I kept changing aircraft and skins, he somehow seemed to find me among the masses of other aircraft. It was like a famished dog that had not eaten in weeks smelling a piece of meat. He kept coming after me again and again and would be on me like stink on doodoo. Escape proved futile due to technical issues and lack of a equal playing field (joystick).

Another opponent that was relentlessly attacking was Pops04. Don't Hop On Pops! You will regret it. A closer examination of his kills reveals his body was not in the cockpit. He was a ghost and I am submitting the proof in this film. That could mean that some type of artificial assistance might have been in play. Twinkles is not claiming that, just thinking that it is plausible and the only explanation for so many kills against the usually invincible Twinkles the Magnificent!

The good news is a new joystick will be arriving tomorrow and by this coming Friday night, at 9PM Eastern, Twinkles will unleash a barrage of indefensible assaults that will lead to great carnage and the Mother Of All WW1 War victories. As many as 15 - 20 kills might be landed. All of it will be filmed and posted here as a follow up. After that previous posts above can be shamefully removed (fake news). Watch them not show up.
That's OK, I'd be afraid of the humiliation as well. Film coming soon....

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 10:35:12 AM »
I so wanted to attend this event but I was just under the weather too much to make it. Sick kids at xmas did me in,little petrie dishes full of nasties they are.

:salute

PS: Hope to see you all next FSO.

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 11:40:02 AM »
Twinkles. I will gladly accommodate any and all biplane sorties either with or against you. As it is always a pleasure to fly and against you. Especially when perforating you’re canvas bird with hot shards of lead.  :azn: :salute  :airplane:  Pops04

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 11:47:25 AM »
I am not much of a WWI guy but I was planning on attending. I flat forgot about it. Maybe next time. The little get togethers are always fun.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 12:17:07 PM »
It was fun Twinkles you did get me a couple of times and it was a blast o7

Offline Twinkles

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 12:24:43 PM »
Ha!
I checked the logs and didn't think I got you at all LNG. Will check again.
I had a proxy on Pops and maybe an assist. I should have figured it was both of you team tagging me while I tried to hit from the rear gun. Hopefully this new stick will make it alittle more competitive for both of you :-)
Lots of fun and thanks to both of you for kicking in 2020 old school style.
Sometimes being the hunted is just as much or more fun as being the hunter.
Twinkles <S>
 :cheers: :banana: :x

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2020, 12:35:01 PM »
Twinkles I wasn’t working with LNG granted he was on the same side but I didn’t team up with him at any time. I was flying solo most of the time. Too big of a fiasco to try and wing with someone in there.

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2020, 01:13:47 PM »
Me and Pops weren't me and Steely of 9 GIAP however he got you 5 times and I got you 8 times.