Author Topic: ENY/Gameplay Modification  (Read 7220 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY/Gameplay Modification
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2019, 08:26:42 PM »
When I started in 2013 AH was an entirely different animal. If I started fresh today there would be absolutely no way in hell I would have hung around after the first 2 weeks. Aside from the basic learning curve there is not enough action in my opinion to hook someone in.

Man, you should have seen it in 2002-2004.

Our planes could blot out the sun!

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2019, 08:32:31 PM »
5. remove icons for aircraft under 45 feet.

So this one immediately drew my attention.  I thought, "Yes!  If you're that close to the bad guy, you should have to track him visually, not by red neon signs!"  But then someone interpreted it as 45 feet AGL, and I thought, "Ah, so that people can do sneaky things."

If it's the first, I'm all for it.  If it's for the second, I'm not.

- oldman

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2019, 08:32:50 PM »
Case in point for #4, in 9 hours not one base has changed hands between 2 countries. As taboo as the whole 2 country war topic is, it is essentially what we have on most days. It sucks being the gangers and the ganged. I would think after years of hemorrhaging players something would have been done to address some of the more obvious issues. By the way those issues are not the economy, a coral reef, or jack the ripper.

Chuikov

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2019, 08:35:31 PM »

So this one immediately drew my attention.  I thought, "Yes!  If you're that close to the bad guy, you should have to track him visually, not by red neon signs!"  But then someone interpreted it as 45 feet AGL, and I thought, "Ah, so that people can do sneaky things."

If it's the first, I'm all for it.  If it's for the second, I'm not.

- oldman
I was referring to the new player proximity icon dar. It should operate in a similar fashion as standard radar, if you are low enough ie 45 feet not to show up on dot dar, then you should not be able to show up on icon dar.

Chuikov

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2019, 08:38:45 PM »
I was referring to the new player proximity icon dar.
\

Now I feel doubly stupid.  (Which is a very bad feeling.) 

What is a "new player proximity icon dar"?

- oldman

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2019, 08:40:40 PM »
\

Now I feel doubly stupid.  (Which is a very bad feeling.) 

What is a "new player proximity icon dar"?

- oldman

if a con is within visual id range of any friendly it appears as a icon on the map

Chuikov

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2019, 08:46:46 PM »
Case in point for #4, in 9 hours not one base has changed hands between 2 countries.

Well, you're just seeing the astounding, magical, ebb and flow powers of 3-sides.  That's why we couldn't possibly try 2-sides, because we would be giving up all that magic! ;)

Yes, I'm going to Hell.  :devil
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2019, 01:47:04 AM »

Well, you're just seeing the astounding, magical, ebb and flow powers of 3-sides.  That's why we couldn't possibly try 2-sides, because we would be giving up all that magic! ;)

Yes, I'm going to Hell.  :devil

so you complain about 2 countries ganging up on 1.  so that basically makes it a 2 sided war, so how is that working out of you?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2019, 02:55:11 AM »
Idea instead of 4: tie rebuild time to the number of fields owned. If one country owns only half as many fields as at start of the map rebuild time is twice as fast. When country is down to very few fields it requires increasingly well-coordinated attacks to capture even more of their fields.

It doesn't stop the gangig directly (two countries can still fight the third), but the effects on fields owned are reduced, and as such adds an incentive (easier targets) for the two countries to fight eachother.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2019, 04:10:36 AM »
What about giving the country getting ganged nukes that cost like 1000eny points to deploy? I don't know of any other ww2 sims with nukes...

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2019, 07:56:45 AM »
What about giving the country getting ganged nukes that cost like 1000eny points to deploy? I don't know of any other ww2 sims with nukes...

No nukes! Hitech will eviscerate you even for asking.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 08:34:48 AM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2019, 08:06:35 AM »
Agreed, but would you rather have HTC spent that time building a map, or working a any number of other things?

It will be that much harder for one country to get that far ahead.

He has the vision for how he expects the game to work.   To me that makes him the ideal person to make maps to suit it.   He invented the game, too, so I imagine his ability to crank out a map is better than anyone's.   

Besides, other than two sides, tweaks to ENY, etc. I can't honestly think of anything I want him to work on.  The game itself seems okay.   It's the way action is generated that's lacking.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2019, 08:11:40 AM »
so you complain about 2 countries ganging up on 1.  so that basically makes it a 2 sided war, so how is that working out of you?

semp
Well, the Bish got ganged until about 9 or so then it was the knits turn for the ole gang. Not that I was proposing a two front war per say, but imagine this.
Current situation, 2 countries ganging one country, 98 vs 47, the current game mechanisms do absolutely nothing to dissuade such game play. Hell, I’ve seen one country pushed all the way to their un-capturable bases in both fronts. With a 2 front war, if it was 98 vs 47 the country with 98 will be hording with P40E’s and HE111s. With my proposal, the country that’s getting ganged gets the ability to counter attack or reorganize.

Chuikov

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2019, 08:12:10 AM »
Case in point for #4, in 9 hours not one base has changed hands between 2 countries. As taboo as the whole 2 country war topic is, it is essentially what we have on most days. It sucks being the gangers and the ganged. I would think after years of hemorrhaging players something would have been done to address some of the more obvious issues. By the way those issues are not the economy, a coral reef, or jack the ripper.

:rofl :aok

That's funny stuff.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2019, 08:12:23 AM »
He has the vision for how he expects the game to work.   To me that makes him the ideal person to make maps to suit it.   He invented the game, too, so I imagine his ability to crank out a map is better than anyone's.   

Besides, other than two sides, tweaks to ENY, etc. I can't honestly think of anything I want him to work on.  The game itself seems okay.   It's the way action is generated that's lacking.

This

Chuikov