Author Topic: Voice Attack ....how do I set up radio text.  (Read 497 times)

Offline PropNut

• Copper Member
Voice Attack ....how do I set up radio text.
« on: January 03, 2020, 12:58:18 AM »
Just installed Voice Attack  and I must say it is great for VR, I have several commands set up and work fine, the problem I am having is that although I am able to bring up radio on the channel I want I cant seem to get it to dictate in the buffer.  I'm new to VR and would appreciate any special steps you guys needed in Voice Attack if you have yours working, thanks

PropNut

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Voice Attack ....how do I set up radio text.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 07:07:46 AM »
I wouldn't bother trying to dictate. Just use it for commands and canned messages.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 08:00:13 AM »
Yeah absolutely. Voice Attack is a must have for VR as it's about impossible to type stuff with the headset on. It's great for general commands but trying to dictate a sentence will just come out word salad every time!

I have commands set up to open different buffers and can put stuff like sector grid numbers fairly consistently. I have one to salute or return salute. Another that types a sentence that says I'm in VR and can't type back! Great for bombing using the bombsight. Just tell it what to do and it does it. Dot commands? No problem. You'll constantly be coming up with ideas for making a voice command. Some of my recent ones were moving my head position while I still have the headset on to tweak planes I haven't been flying since going to VR. Super handy program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 05:19:56 AM »
Yeah absolutely. Voice Attack is a must have for VR as it's about impossible to type stuff with the headset on. It's great for general commands but trying to dictate a sentence will just come out word salad every time!

I have commands set up to open different buffers and can put stuff like sector grid numbers fairly consistently. I have one to salute or return salute. Another that types a sentence that says I'm in VR and can't type back! Great for bombing using the bombsight. Just tell it what to do and it does it. Dot commands? No problem. You'll constantly be coming up with ideas for making a voice command. Some of my recent ones were moving my head position while I still have the headset on to tweak planes I haven't been flying since going to VR. Super handy program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:aok My FAVORITE.....CHIt watermelon CHIT= Trim Elevator Up, on repeat! Compression----kiss my arse  :rofl I did have an issue though! I kept getting the "Too Loud" warning in Voice Attack, and my Mic would self mute. It hasnt happened in around a week...but I unplugged my other Headset/Mic. So far no issues! Best money I have dropped for VR...hands down :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain