Author Topic: FSO - Lightnings over Luzon - Frame 1 Objectives Sent  (Read 786 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
FSO - Lightnings over Luzon - Frame 1 Objectives Sent
« on: January 04, 2020, 08:35:50 AM »
To the LCA and 412th,

As you will read in the email, I am trying something new this frame.

At Hour 2, a limited plane set will open for both sides. Please check objectives for field details.

ALLIED: FM2, and P-40N
AXIS: A6M5B and Ki-43-II

These aircraft will be available from all active fields at T+60 and be unlimited until the cessation of hostilities. It is completely optional, it is not required to fly. This is a trial run and may or may not be done in Frames 2 and 3. They will be scored lower than the Hour 1 aircraft and are allowed to attack the objectives if needed. The idea is to keep the fight going for people who want to fight. Completely optional.

Any questions? PM me or reply here.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
Re: FSO - Lightnings over Luzon - Frame 1 Objectives Sent
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 06:59:56 AM »
Sounds intriguing.  Just to be clear: assuming I survive the first hour, I will be able to land, tower out and re up in a different plane, or the same plane?

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 08:16:59 AM »
Sounds intriguing.  Just to be clear: assuming I survive the first hour, I will be able to land, tower out and re up in a different plane, or the same plane?

Different plane.

Only the Hour 2 planes will be enabled.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 07:24:59 AM »
I for one, applaud this effort.  :x

How many times has one side been overrun due to unforeseen circumstances and the last hour is spent on milk runs.  IMHO, this should increase the length of the fight.   :cheers:
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 07:43:22 AM »
I for one, applaud this effort.  :x

How many times has one side been overrun due to unforeseen circumstances and the last hour is spent on milk runs.  IMHO, this should increase the length of the fight.   :cheers:

Thanks, I'm hoping it does too. We will tweak or even drop it if it doesn't work, but I don't think that will happen.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 11:25:10 PM »
I like the secondary plane.  :aok Just need to make sure fields for second hour are a bit closer together. 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 12:06:17 AM »
Liked the idea, but maybe only one extra life instead of unlimited.

Goat
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF