Author Topic: problem with field and country numbers...  (Read 473 times)

TheWobble

problem with field and country numbers...
« on: November 25, 2000, 06:12:00 PM »
I recently began working on a new map which has 2 countries and 4 fields for each countery (2plane and 2 vehicle) however I am running into a wierd problem.

Whenever i put in the secone AF and selected country 1 and restarted the editor I noticed that only 1 of the 2 fields would show up as a valid field, so i changed the field number on one of them so now i have country 1 field 1 and country 1 field 2, my problem is this, whenever i change the field number to 2 it also changes the country to 2.  Of course then when i restart it shows the 2nd field as enemy..  so thats my situation,
I ether have 2 fields but can only use 1 OR i have 2 fields but they cannot be on same team... Please help!

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2000, 06:29:00 PM »
Don't worry about which country owns which field right now.. Just place the bases where you want them then in the h2h host you can assign bases to countries. Lets say you have 12 bases.. the default gives bases 1-4 to bish 5-8 knight 9-12 kook.

You could try and make the bases country owned, like we do for oil fields etc but then that airbase can never be captured
10Bears--

TheWobble

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2000, 10:14:00 PM »
so what you are saying is that until it is exported i wont be able to fly from both bases (in terrain editor)?  

TheWobble

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2000, 10:27:00 PM »
10Bears,

I left all the fields set at "field owned 1" and "country owned 1"

I went ahead and exported it to AH to offline test it and just as in the editor only 1 of the 2 fields shows up on the clipboard despite being on the map.  The other one is there but i cant fly from it.  
should it be set as field owned or county owned, do you use them both??? what can I do?  Im really upset because i have spent hours getting everything done and this stupid crap comes way out from left feld and screws it all up for me.

HELP!

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2000, 01:23:00 AM »
Just relax Wobble hehe the program gave you a little burp thats all.. In your editor, find A3.. its not on the map you have to remember sorta where it is.. go to it.. now delete the whole complex.. Add new A3. It should appear on your clipboard map. If it dosnt' appear on map then you screwed up somewhere along the way.. Go back to A2 and find the problem. Don't worry about assigning it to a country you do that in the setup menu. You just want to be sure field appears in clipboard map and the runways work properly.
  I find its easier to make a rude clipboard map from the terr.bmp just to give me something to work with. I can see at a glance where the other bases should go in proper context.
10Bears-