Author Topic: Another 737 down  (Read 8200 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Another 737 down
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2020, 10:55:06 AM »
The essential difference between a boy and a man is self-discipline. For example the ability to follow simple rules of conduct and behavior.

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2020, 11:02:08 AM »
It's not only arrogant, it's unconstitutional to impose your point of view on others.

Please, by all means, pass on that sentiment to all the so-called journalist, from other countries, when they attempt to pass judgement on the USA and its citizens.

I know very few people who give a damn what the rest of the world thinks.

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2020, 11:17:01 AM »
LOL, It's ALL the Orange Man's fault.. (sarc)
Even when the Iranians admit they did it!

:rofl

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2020, 11:20:49 AM »
Please, by all means, pass on that sentiment to all the so-called journalist, from other countries, when they attempt to pass judgement on the USA and its citizens.

You said it yourself Sir; how could "passing judgement" ever be considered to be journalism?

I believe a "free press" was perceived to reveal truth in order that reasonable people could make their own "judgement".
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2020, 11:22:04 AM »
The derogatory comments about Canada are interesting considering it is a capitalist democracy like the USA and had been the closest ally until the current POTUS.

Because you guys have been ripping us off on trade and other matters you consider us "close" allies.   When someone comes in to stop the exfiltration of American wealth and production we are going to naturally not be so "close" and that's fine with me.   Obozo took any and every opportunity to undermine the United States.   That's partly why Canadians love him so much.  Those days are over and thank God for it.

Also, we in the USA are not a democracy we are a Constitutional Republic.    Canada a capitalist democracy?  I guess it depends on your definition of capitalist.  Trump is a real capitalist.   We've strayed from it so far since Regan left that we don't even remember what it is any more.  But Trump didn't forget and the numbers show it.  Canada is tanking, America is ascendant.    You might want to tell Justine to take notes.

I don't like or trust any politician in any country. I do believe that when reasonable people come together, more can be accomplished with gentlemanly discussion than with conflict. There is always room for war later.

Trump isn't a politician.  He's a citizen-statesman, the very people our Framers intended to run the country--as opposed to generations of professional "public servants" who are concerned only with power, graft, and self-interest.

It's not only arrogant, it's unconstitutional to imposed your point of view on others.

Trump has done absolutely nothing outside his Constitutional authority.  Not one thing.  The previous "administration" cannot say the same.

MAGA.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2020, 11:22:46 AM »

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: +1000
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2020, 11:23:38 AM »
LOL, It's ALL the Orange Man's fault.. (sarc)
Even when the Iranians admit they did it!

:rofl

That says it all.   TDS is real.   :salute
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2020, 11:24:26 AM »
You said it yourself Sir; how could "passing judgement" ever be considered to be journalism?

I believe a "free press" was perceived to reveal truth in order that reasonable people could make their own "judgement".

As the Boeing debacle has proven, we don't have either.

If we had a free press that was objective people would not be foaming at the mouth every time Trump's name is mentioned.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2020, 11:27:24 AM »

That says it all.   TDS is real.   :salute

Could'a been that Evil Boris too!
They love to hate on him almost as much!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 11:29:40 AM by OldNitro »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2020, 11:53:57 AM »
Could'a been that Evil Boris too!
They love to hate on him almost as much!

Yep. They hate HIM because he is thinking of his country's national interests over some Euro-centric cabal.

The reality is that the globalism movement is real and dangerous.   I'll never understand the compulsion to make everyone be the same in their behavior, interests, and desires.   Decentralized government allows freedom of choice.   Some people think that is bad and for the life of me I cannot fathom the thinking.   They must have been hall monitors in gradeschool or something.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2020, 12:34:01 PM »
Because you guys have been ripping us off on trade and other matters you consider us "close" allies.   When someone comes in to stop the exfiltration of American wealth and production we are going to naturally not be so "close" and that's fine with me.   Obozo took any and every opportunity to undermine the United States.   That's partly why Canadians love him so much.  Those days are over and thank God for it.

Also, we in the USA are not a democracy we are a Constitutional Republic.    Canada a capitalist democracy?  I guess it depends on your definition of capitalist.  Trump is a real capitalist.   We've strayed from it so far since Regan left that we don't even remember what it is any more.  But Trump didn't forget and the numbers show it.  Canada is tanking, America is ascendant.    You might want to tell Justine to take notes.

Trump isn't a politician.  He's a citizen-statesman, the very people our Framers intended to run the country--as opposed to generations of professional "public servants" who are concerned only with power, graft, and self-interest.

Trump has done absolutely nothing outside his Constitutional authority.  Not one thing.  The previous "administration" cannot say the same.

MAGA.

It disappoints me that you read what I posted as an attack on Donald Trump or as support for Barrack Obama. I might remind you though that the North American Free Trade Agreement was a product of Ronald Reagan's administration.

It was my hope in previous posts to attempt to say that honest discussion between parties of different or even opposing points of view (be that countries or individuals) should be the goal. No one side is ever completely right.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2020, 01:14:20 PM »
It disappoints me that you read what I posted as an attack on Donald Trump or as support for Barrack Obama. I might remind you though that the North American Free Trade Agreement was a product of Ronald Reagan's administration.

It was one of a number of things Reagan screwed up.   I am not in lock-step with anyone.  Even Trump, who I consider the most consequential President in my lifetime (at the least since Regan), has done some things--and NOT done some things--that irritate me.   But 80 is better than 20.

I was not referring to you in particular, btw, but rather your comments about Canadian sentiment.   Canada has had a free ride on trade for a long time at our expense.    That would be fine if they weren't letting China backdoor us to put some of our major industries like steel out of business.  That's not an ally or a friend, that's an opportunist.

It was my hope in previous posts to attempt to say that honest discussion between parties of different or even opposing points of view (be that countries or individuals) should be the goal. No one side is ever completely right.

I don't think anyone has said that one side is completely right.   However, Trump is not an ideologue.   He's a man who solves problems in a common sense fashion.  The Trump Doctrine is real and it is effective.  The world in general, and the United States in particular, are better off for it.

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2020, 01:42:50 PM »
I can hear a Bald eagle screeching in this thread. And I’m here for it!!!!!!
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2020, 01:58:39 PM »
I can hear a Bald eagle screeching in this thread. And I’m here for it!!!!!!

I picked up the nickname "Captain America" a number of years ago.   I consider it an accurate compliment.

That said, Canada is a gorgeous place.   If I weren't an American I think being a Canadian would be pretty okay, eh.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2020, 02:28:33 PM »
It was one of a number of things Reagan screwed up.   I am not in lock-step with anyone.  Even Trump, who I consider the most consequential President in my lifetime (at the least since Regan), has done some things--and NOT done some things--that irritate me.   But 80 is better than 20.

I was not referring to you in particular, btw, but rather your comments about Canadian sentiment.   Canada has had a free ride on trade for a long time at our expense.    That would be fine if they weren't letting China backdoor us to put some of our major industries like steel out of business.  That's not an ally or a friend, that's an opportunist.

I don't think anyone has said that one side is completely right.   However, Trump is not an ideologue.   He's a man who solves problems in a common sense fashion.  The Trump Doctrine is real and it is effective.  The world in general, and the United States in particular, are better off for it.

I respect your loyalty to POTUS, I honestly do. 

But you should understand that I am completely apolitical. Forgive me, but I have never encountered a politician anywhere in the world that I could relate to or even trust. I tend to believe that a group of working stiffs could sit down and arrive at better solutions to our problems than any of the people we elect.