Author Topic: Pyro, Terrain Texture Request  (Read 390 times)

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Pyro, Terrain Texture Request
« on: August 10, 2000, 10:46:00 AM »
Pyro, I have to say I was overjoyed when you guys announced that we would be able to create custom textures, in the near future and that you were fixing shorelines as well.  

And to get to my point, I started thinking of how this would effect the terrain I was working on ie, North Africa could actually be textured as desert.

Now the problem I am thinking is that if we are limited to the standard 6 textures, and the terrain we are developing is large enough that it cross into different "temperant" zones.

I.e. my terrain has 3 distinct parts

• Southern France , Italy, and parts of the Balkan pennisula which would be normal European biosphere/texture zone's (like our current textures).
  • Southern Italy, Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, and many of the Islands which would be more arid and Mediterranean in texture flavor.
  • And then of course there is the North African coastline and the actual desert, which would have textures totally different than the other two.

You made the comment that it would be possible to have 4 different sets of textures for each terrain. With the example of different seasons.

My request or "Wishlist" would be a method, by which you could have use those 4 different texture sets within the same terrain and a method by which you could delineate which areas of the terrain use which terrain texture sets.

Or an alternative would be to just increase the total available number of textures to accommadate this. However I realize that this option would put more of a strain on the lower end Video cards with less memory.

Just a request  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2000, 10:53:00 AM »
Sorry vermillion that would be the same as asking from more then the current number of textures problem is it's and expontial groth with the number of base textures.

HiTech

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2000, 11:45:00 AM »
I figured that was the case HT, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks for the response.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"