Author Topic: Suggestion For HTC  (Read 526 times)

Offline Rendar

• Copper Member
Suggestion For HTC
« on: August 10, 2000, 04:19:00 PM »
Would it be possible to have pre-made airfields and vehicle depots included in the next release of the TE?  These would be just like the ones we have now, with all of the stuff correctly set.  The same could go for the HQ, cities, and so on.

------------------
Rendar

Offline -raxx-

• Copper Member
Suggestion For HTC
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2000, 04:22:00 PM »
Rendar,

Vermillion already has those files ready in the object toolbox.  There are a couple of bugs that he is working out, (placement of hanger objects on non-standard airfields) and it should be ready soon, (less than two weeks verm? =).

Spotcha in the Air

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Suggestion For HTC
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2000, 05:23:00 PM »
Actually our "Object Toolbox" Object Groups are included in the Terrain Editor right now.

Rendar, when you are in object edit mode look up at the two lists on the right hand side edit panel. The one on the left is for individual objects. The list on the right is for Object "groups" which are the standard arena airfields, factories, and strat targets. As well as quite a few that the beta testers created and included with the editor.

For instance the one marked AFSml-S is the standard 1.03 Small Airfield.

In the help file there is an explanation of each of those object groups.

Just realize that I found some bugs in some of the airfields marked with the -1 designation, that I will correct before the end of the weekend and disseminate here.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Suggestion For HTC
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2000, 05:50:00 PM »
Lets try to get the ability to lay down vehicle *paths* or *roads* with properties
to allow for different physics associated with dirt or paved???

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Rendar

• Copper Member
Suggestion For HTC
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2000, 06:18:00 PM »
Thanks guys!  This info is very helpful to me.

------------------
Rendar