Author Topic: More Leyte screens.  (Read 714 times)

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
More Leyte screens.
« on: November 27, 2000, 10:00:00 AM »
 These screens show the grass,forest,volcanic rock,ocean,and coastline textures I made for Leyte.

I anticipate completion in approx 1-2 weeks time,after the CM Group betas it and we have HTC approval I`ll release the terrain and a texture pack to the community.  

EDIT: I`m still not able to get the coastlines to tile satisfactory,until I`m satisfied with it the coastline texture will not be included in terrain/texture pack.

[This message has been edited by jihad (edited 11-27-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
More Leyte screens.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2000, 10:38:00 AM »
 Really, REALLY fantastic. You got the beach/coastline down so good it looks surreal.

Two big honking thumbs up!  

-Westy

(btw, to access the shots I had to copy the url, paste it into a fresh browser window, delete the file name to go to the images directory, select A5.JPG  by clicking on it, had to do a refresh with the browser.  Repeat for A6.)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
More Leyte screens.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2000, 02:31:00 PM »
Jihad, it looks really really nice... I got a question. The beach to water transition looks real, Great job!, Now what happens when you need surrounding beach a full 360 degrees? You need to make 4 transition or use 4 base tiles?  Thats were the problem lies. thats why i interchanged farm  and water so the water will now use transition tiles. now i can get somewhat of an island with surrounding beach, althou there still is no way to get rid of the " sawtooth" effect, but it does get rid of some of it.

NUTTZ

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
More Leyte screens.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2000, 09:51:00 PM »
Wow, really good work with the coastline Jihad!

SD

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
More Leyte screens.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2000, 11:32:00 PM »
WOW awesome really kewl how u get the white rectangle inside the grey rectangle, and then put a red x in the middle...

Sorry Jihad, perhaps your webhost is messing with you?

AKSKurj

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
More Leyte screens.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2000, 03:53:00 AM »
 Thanks for the compliments guys,yeah the beach/coastline looks pretty good-but wait until your flying over the other textures-these jpegs don`t show how rugged and varied I made the ocean,forest,earth,and rock!  

I had no idea how hard it is to make good textures when I began this terrain. I`ve gone through 20-25 revisions getting the colors right (I hope-I`m color deficient) and tiling w/o noticeable seams.

If anyone else wants to make some textures and needs any help or advice shoot me an email and I may be able to save you some headaches. <G>

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
More Leyte screens.
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2000, 07:56:00 AM »
Jihad, I recommend you post the link to that images directory next time  
 http://deutcheafrikakorps.tripod.com/images/

Tripod doesn't allow image posting outside their domain.

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
More Leyte screens.
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2000, 09:27:00 AM »
 Thanks Camo-I didn`t think of that.   I signed up for a 50 mb Freedrive account,I`ll use it for texture files and screenshots in the future.