Author Topic: More PAC pics  (Read 671 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
More PAC pics
« on: November 28, 2000, 06:13:00 AM »
Sorry about the size...and poor quality

NUTTZ

[This message has been edited by NUTTZ (edited 11-28-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
More PAC pics
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2000, 07:24:00 AM »
YEAH!  Now you're talking!!!   Looks great Nuttz.

-Westy

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
More PAC pics
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2000, 07:34:00 AM »
Poor quality, eh?  

That looks awesome, Nuttz!!  

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
More PAC pics
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2000, 09:35:00 AM »
 WOW! looking good NUTTZ.  

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
More PAC pics
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2000, 09:08:00 PM »
WOW! Those look great! Now all you have to do is fix the water tile on the mountain side, or is that a waterfall? (Runs and hides behind one of those cool looking mountains..I know work in progress    )

That is looking really great. We are going to have a ton fo cool maps to fly around in with all the work you guys are doing. Thanks!!!  

The water and the beaches are looking excellent!!!!

SD

[This message has been edited by Sundog (edited 11-28-2000).]

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
More PAC pics
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2000, 09:37:00 AM »
Sweet texture on the cliffs !
WTG

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
More PAC pics
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2000, 06:32:00 PM »
hey nuttz,

what resolution is the file that you are using when creating your map textures? In other words, what does the origional image (texture) look like before it is converted into the .res or .htx file?

The more i look at these terrains the more i want to get into creating them myself. Plus it helps when you have all the tools and experience behind you (i'm a graphic desin/web designer.)

------------------
Mason22  Fat Drunk (chute shooting) Bastards  -- "shut up and FLY"

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
More PAC pics
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2000, 07:23:00 PM »
Mason22,
I'd gladly team up with you and we can learn together. I seam to have hit a brick wall in this forum ( asking for help) I am learning as i'm going. I have more questions than answers as it stands now.  
I use Corel 9 and photopaint, I am very, very good with these. I start out opening a new photopaint screen set to NO background and set to 256x256 pixels in 24 bit mode and do most of the work in coreldraw, once done in coreldraw i paste it in photopaint and save as 256x256 8bit (or 256 colors) file extention .Bmp...... to get seamless tiles i do this .... since the tiles DON'T rotate they need to line up 2 ways left to right edges and top to bottom edges. i make a tiangle 1: point up. Now once i have my pic done i place this into the triangles you can do this with the "powerclip" feature. now  duplicate and rotate it 90 degrees now you have 2 triangles 1 pointed up 1 pointed 90 degrees take the one 90 degrees and MIRROR it. and do the same to the bottom one, NOW you have 4 triangles 2 up and down and  2  east and west. the 4 triangle make the perfect square and ALL the edges match PERFECTLY to all sides

Now go drink a few beers and come back and read this it will make MUCH more sence  If you want to work together on doing stuff we can work via RW to comm if you want. Fire me off an E-mail I'll be working on my PAC terr. I've been flying flight syms for years and DREAMED of this terrain, I BET this will fix my Fix.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by mason22:
hey nuttz,

what resolution is the file that you are using when creating your map textures? In other words, what does the origional image (texture) look like before it is converted into the .res or .htx file?

The more i look at these terrains the more i want to get into creating them myself. Plus it helps when you have all the tools and experience behind you (i'm a graphic desin/web designer.)