Author Topic: What do you guys think?  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
What do you guys think?
« on: March 23, 2000, 04:23:00 PM »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
What do you guys think?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2000, 04:26:00 PM »
Nothing earth-shattering there.

Offline Skybax

• Zinc Member
What do you guys think?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2000, 04:29:00 PM »
Karnak, you gave them the old news.

This is the new screenshot:

http://www.wwiionline.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001720.html

------------------
WB ~ 78th FG
AH ~ working on it
WWIIOL ~ better believe it

[This message has been edited by Skybax (edited 03-23-2000).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
What do you guys think?
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2000, 06:56:00 PM »
I think this is a troll.

Play AH or quit posting.

AKDejaVu

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
What do you guys think?
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2000, 07:09:00 PM »
AK, why shouldn't he post this. Just because he is showing us something new does not mean he should be squelched!
Free country man! Won't change what I think of AH one iota. Interesting to see what the competition is doing. May give our fearless leader (HT) some ideas, who knows?
Don't want to get involved with night fights online I don't think, but anything is worth a try...

MarkAT
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Skybax

• Zinc Member
What do you guys think?
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2000, 07:10:00 PM »
"I think this is a troll. Play AH or quit posting."

Who, me or Karnak?

I was only updated Karnak`s information.

As far as playing AH, I do!

------------------
WB ~ 78th FG
AH ~ working on it
WWIIOL ~ better believe it

[This message has been edited by Skybax (edited 03-23-2000).]

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
What do you guys think?
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2000, 07:16:00 PM »
Actually, AKDejaVu, I generally consider us to all be in one hobby.  I don't care if you play AH, EAW, WB, FAII, SDOE, CFS, WWIIF, your a member of the comunity.  I have accounts on the Combatsim forum for EAW, the WWIIOnline forum, the Bombs-Away forum and this forum.  I like to participate in the WWII sim comunity.  I, like many others, enjoy talking with others in our comunity.  To this point I've been more or less respectful of others.  I've learned some (including from you), and I hope that I've informed some as well.
But you're negative, holier than thou, I play AH so I know everything and you haven't since beta so you know nothing is starting to become a bore.  Our hobby needs more people, not less and your type of harsh attitude will drive lurkers away.  As I told you privately, my computer has been down for 2 weeks (the aproximate time I've been posting here).  I should have it back up within the next two days, then I will play.

If you're an isolationist, fine.  Keep to yourself and shut-up.

This was not a troll.  It was an honest question.  Sorry if you took it that way.

SISU

[This message has been edited by Karnak (edited 03-23-2000).]
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
What do you guys think?
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2000, 08:07:00 PM »
I don't have a problem with people that don't play AH posting on this forum.  What I do have a problem with is those people posting constant trolls.

See the F4u-1C thread if you think I'm over exagerating about Karnak.  At no time does he give the indication that he a) as not flown the F4u-1C in the areno nor b) has flown against it.

Basically, he posts trolls.  That's it.

Contribute or get out.  I guess stirring up the pot can be fun for a bit.  But when that's all you do, you aren't really contributing anything.

So... when you don't play AH, but you come to post WW2-Online links, I see that as an unwelcome troll.  An unwelcome one.

AKDejaVu

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
What do you guys think?
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2000, 09:54:00 PM »
I only posted it because other people were posting WB 3.0 pictures.  If I'd wanted it to be a troll, I would have pointedly put HT, Pyro and Nate in the thread name like someone else did on a different thread.

I have never mislead anybody intentionally.  Further, I have done one semi-troll, the F4U-1C thread.  The thread I started before that was asking what gun loads people took.  How is that a troll?  I've asked for advice on how to avoid the HO.  How is that a troll?  I havn't been playing because I've been having system difficulties.  This means I can't comment?  I have always used reason and rational arguments.  If someone points out something that makes sense, I'll absorb it, as I did with your suggestion that the Spits low ratio was due to how it was used.

Go back and read my three previous threads to the F4U-1C thread.

The problem I am having right now is that I can't get my email, which contains the password to the account I just created for AH.  Without the password, I can't get on.

AHHHHHHHH!!!!                  

Sisu

[This message has been edited by Karnak (edited 03-23-2000).]
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
What do you guys think?
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2000, 11:09:00 PM »
           Karnak.        

Ditto AKDejaVu  

[This message has been edited by Torque (edited 03-23-2000).]

Offline indian

• Copper Member
What do you guys think?
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2000, 11:53:00 PM »
good one torque

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  1st Aces High Trainer Corps.
Home of The Allied Fighter Wing A.F.W.
A.F.W. Homepage

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
What do you guys think?
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2000, 01:49:00 AM »
I make one mistake, yes I admit it was a mistake, and you guys are going to pillory me on and on?  How does this help HiTechCreations make more money?  I have participated in another forum for well more than a year, and no one has ever been nailed like this, and yes, there were quite a few contraversial threads started (stuff you guys would call a "troll") and we always remained civil.  Based on my experience with you guys and what I just read here  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum1/HTML/002363.html  I am beginning to think I ought not participate with you guys.  Before you say "good ridance", stop and think.  This, like all WWII flight sims is a niche product, at $30.00 a month it is more than many interested in this niche can afford.  HTC needs all of the subscribers they can get, even those who make mistakes.  I am one of the people who has the money and interest to pay for something like this.  But the apparent viciousness makes me wonder why I should pay?  The pruduct seems to be good and have even more promise ahead of it, but there seems to be a group that will aggressively mock and drive out those who hold different opinions.  I should not have posted the F4U-1C thread, I know that now (I had become frusterated with the Spit bashing and the claims that Spit pilots were dweebs, NEVER make a post in anger or frustration), but on the other hand it has shown me the true character of some of the players.  People with whom I thought I was having an honest exchange of ideas and information (AKDejaVu, if I'd known how you'd use my honesty to tear me down I would have ignored you email).  I am actually quite disappointed in the way this seems to be going, but I don't know how to undo what has been done.  Maybe I'll show up in there, maybe not.  We'll see this weekend.

Peace.

Sisu
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
What do you guys think?
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2000, 01:59:00 AM »
Karnak;

Hang in there dude.  This gang can be a little rough at times.  IMO it is mostly playfull teasing.  

Try not to let it get to you.  Besides it just makes blisters that will just turn to callouses.  Pretty soon you can be flamed and just walk right on through the fire.

If you want to really feel the heat, start a nice little "Padlock" thread.  

Good Luck to You!  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

RANKER_ONE

What do you guys think?
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2000, 12:32:00 PM »
KARNACK

Many thanks buddy for that information
I thought that I would be "stock" to only
ONE place for $45.00/month.

WWII on line will give us much more for our money we'll see when it comes (maybe less $)
Please keep on surching and informe us  

More competition in the market beter it will be for all of us  

------------------
why don't you shut up
and die like a man?

Best regards gents  
Ranker...out!!!

[This message has been edited by RANKER_ONE (edited 03-24-2000).]

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
What do you guys think?
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2000, 01:38:00 PM »
Yep Karnak !

Get your password and throw yourself back to saddle!   (sp?)

Staga

- FennoManiacs -