Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 129536 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2020, 02:28:43 PM »
LoL.  Or maybe just good old American self-sufficiency.  Not too long ago, that's what relatives of mine's cellars probably looked like.  I remember my Grandmother always canning something.

Mine too. Paw Paw and Grandma had a victory garden ... still .... in the 60s-80s.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2020, 02:42:02 PM »
And how is this flu outbreak different than others?

Here for the USA.

1. The average number of flu deaths during the 1990s was 36,000.
2. Average number over a longer time frame from 1976 to 2007 was 23,607 deaths.
3. If you take the number of deaths year wise, you will find a vast variation with a low of 3,349 deaths during the flu season of 1986-87 to a high of 48,614 in 2003-04
4. World Wide: About 3 to 5 million cases of severe flu illness and about 250,000 to 500,000 flu season deaths worldwide occur due to the influenza virus

This current virus is great for the western Media and great for China to draw attention away from Hong Kong. Normally all those cruise ships being quarantined would have let out all their passengers to spread the flu like every year. Now collateral industries across asia are taking a beating due to lack of tourists. Japan may be about to take a beating on the Olympics becasue of the Media creating an epidemic out of numbers that are pretty low for normal world wide flu seasons. Remember SARS in 2003, in the US only 152 children died from it and the Media was betting on a world wide plague of deaths.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2020, 12:07:11 AM »
i am one of those old gizzards. hang out around an American legion or a vfw.  you might learn a thing or two about living.

semp

<S> to the VFW!  :aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2020, 12:51:22 AM »
Here's the reason the Wuhan virus is concerning.

It's because it has a much higher lethality rate than normal flu, no available vaccine, a transmission rate that isn't negligible, and an as-yet unknown peak number of infections.

Maybe it ends up like SARS or MERS -- two other viral respiratory diseases that are more lethal than flu but did not cause world-wide pandemics.

But maybe it becomes a huge problem.

We won't know yet.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2020, 02:41:17 AM »
All the survivalist I know do not use those rations. Do not need them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2020, 08:08:32 AM »
Latest:

Whitehouse Office of Science and Tech, has requested rapid investigation
of Virus genetic Origins.. More suspicious info has been uncovered about the
Chief Virus Researcher at the Wuhan level 4 lab.. Happens to be a PLA officer..

First Kung Flu death of US Citizen in Wuhan..

Estimated Rate of Kung Flu infections, increases to 20% daily.. :O

Worldwide shortage of masks and Biohazard Suits..

5 Britons test positive for Kung Flu in at French Ski Chalet..
Including 1 Briton recently returned from Singapore..

Yokohama Cruiseship, of 10 new infections, 8 are US citizens..

Chicom Govt numbers, 772 dead.. (virtually no one believes their numbers any more)

Armed Forced Roundups begin in Wuhan hot zone..

Reports that Wuhan Kung Flu victims are being left without care to die..

Chinese run hospital in Zambia, employees report people recently returned from China,
admitted to hospital with cough, without Quarantine.. Now the Dr who has been
tending them, hasn't showed up for work..

Chinese Dr who first warned of Kung Flu, was threatened by Police to keep quiet,
has died from the virus he warned about..

« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 08:47:37 AM by OldNitro »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2020, 09:55:21 AM »
Here's the reason the Wuhan virus is concerning.

It's because it has a much higher lethality rate than normal flu, no available vaccine, a transmission rate that isn't negligible, and an as-yet unknown peak number of infections.

Maybe it ends up like SARS or MERS -- two other viral respiratory diseases that are more lethal than flu but did not cause world-wide pandemics.

But maybe it becomes a huge problem.

We won't know yet.

Yep. 

And apparently, this is one of those that have a fairly long incubation period and it transmittable long before symptoms are felt.  Perfect vector conditions.

And it started in one of the most densely packed counties on Earth.  The Black Death existed for centuries on the Asian Steppes.  It would occasionally wipe out isolated villages and then burn itself out.  It wasn't until it was carried over to the densely pack Europe that it could spread uncontrollably.

And the incompetent local Communist officials refused to understand or accept what they were dealing with for far too long.  Threatened the doctor who was first trying to sound the alarm (who has now died of the same disease).  Let it spread and spread and people traveled out of the area to all parts of China.  It happened during the Lunar New Year.  Millions of Chinese were rubbing shoulders in packed transportation traveling home to all corners of China.  The bureaucrats failed to act soon enough.  I'm sure they were telling each other, oh it's nothing, just the seasonal flu.

Did you see the HBO Chernobyl mini-series?   This really has a Bio-Chernobyl feel to it. 

:(

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2020, 06:49:34 AM »
Latest:

Pentagon expanding quarantine centers inside Military bases..

UK Govt, declares Kung Flu, "Serious and Imminent Threat" activating emergency powers..

British Scientist who discovered Ebola, says Britain faces "Major" Kung Flu outbreak..

New Jersey cruiseship, one of the passengers removed/quarantined, tests positive for Kung Flu..

2 confirmed cases of Kung Flu, in Spain..

Yokohama cruiseship, 66 new, 136 total cases, 23 US citizens infected with Kung Flu..

Chicom "govt numbers", 900+ dead..

Some people in China return to work, Apple supplier Foxxcon remains closed due to Kung Flu..

As more numbers are available, mortality rate firming up, at 15 - 17%..

« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 06:54:43 AM by OldNitro »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2020, 11:36:14 AM »
Many industries around the world are tied had and foot to China's industrial supply output. Japan's auto industry had to shut down production becasue they have so many plants in China. They are having problems getting the lines going again becasue of labor shortages. In Japan there is a shortage of automotive parts due to China being shut down. And now from the New York Times:

Prices for key industrial raw materials such as copper, iron ore, nickel, aluminum and liquid natural gas have plummeted since the virus emerged. Currencies of countries that export these goods at high rates, including Brazil, South Africa and Australia, are near their lowest levels in recent memory. And manufacturers, mining companies and commodity producers of all stripes are weighing whether they will be forced to cut back on production for fear of adding to a growing inventory glut.

The City where the COVID-19 virus was first detected also has a government laboratory that researches biological pathogens. China's economy has been slowing down and recently gave in to pressure from the US on Trade. China as a consumer and producer for most of the world market shut down for an extended period of time will have an impact on the world economy in spite of how well the US economy is doing. And China won't be accused of doing something on purpose to throw world markets in turmoil to counter the US. China has already proven human beings and their rights are meaningless to the communist government run by Xi with their internment and re-education camps for indigenous Chinese muslims. And many manufacturing\export countries owe China becasue of borrowing and national debt while China has forced debt on countries in the path of their one belt, one road initiative.

How much different is this virus than flu seasons since the 70's other than our 24x7 media today is treating it like the end of the world while keeping NFL, NBA, NHL, and MBA style stats on anyone who sneezes anywhere? Normal flu seasons kill upwards to 500,000 world wide and we never until now had a 24x7 talking head gore fest over them. They quickly lost interest when SARS didn't wipe out California and turn it into a real life set for the Walking Dead. What's the HOOK for hanging on to this virus season by the media?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2020, 02:05:27 PM »
US wouldnt have a lot of supply issues if they would of never sent the jobs to China to begin with
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2020, 02:08:03 PM »
Someone coughed on the bus he other day and the rest of the passengers had to put on hazmat suits and take `im out with shivs.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2020, 02:34:21 PM »
well i guess i survived the Corona virus. after kissing my girlfriend on the lips after coming back from China.

I gotta say I did get a bit nervous about a week later, when i woke up shaking and vomiting.  told my wife about it she just yelled at me to stop drinking tequila with the guys.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2020, 09:57:14 PM »
Too many Coronas, Semp.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2020, 11:25:45 PM »
Too many Coronas, Semp.

I'm Canadian jamaican, i don't drink coronas.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2020, 07:15:47 AM »
Latest:

Chinese Capital, Beijing under Quarantine lockdown..

29% of Kung Flu patients, are Doctors and Nurses who were caring for the victims..

12% of Kung Flu patients, were infected IN the hospital, while being treated for other issues..

Hong Kong authorities, saying Kung Flu virus offgassing from human sewage, = airborne transmission.. (gain of function)

Non Symptomatic Incubation period, has grown from 14 to 24 days.. (gain of function)

North Korea executed (shot) patient for breaking Quarantine..

US Military now openly preparing for Kung Flu Pandemic.. Orders from on high!

Yokohama cruiseship, 44 new cases, 217 total..

PLA Major general, top expert in Biowarfare, now in control of Wuhan Level 4 biolab..
Wrote a paper about combining Bat Flu with SARS virus as bioweapon.. Some coincidence huh???

Chicom Govt admits 15,000+ new cases, 1000+ dead.. Begins new counting method..
Because world is skeptical of Chicom govt numbers..

Chicom party leader in Wuhan is removed..

CDC has sent out hundreds of thousands of Kung Flu test kits, to all 50 states..
Admits that many thousands are worthless, because of faulty re-agents..

Computer models of virus spread, are absolutely frightening..
Many experts are saying it is too late, containment has already failed..

Biggest danger, will not be the virus itself, but collapse of society, and millions
of unprepared people..

Health care professionals are whistle blowing about "Secret Quarantines" at medical facilities, Seattle, and San Fran areas.. There are more cases than are being reported, in USA..

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 07:28:08 AM by OldNitro »