Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126172 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #510 on: March 08, 2020, 04:58:48 PM »
I think we were warned not to get them wet and definitely no food after midnight.

Find a theater and have it play snow white, instantly contained
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #511 on: March 08, 2020, 05:33:22 PM »
Honest and decent people do not fear an investigation, because they have done nothing wrong so there is nothing to hide.

Honest and decent people do not use their power or the power of others to hide the results of an investigation, because that investigation would have found nothing.

Honest and decent people not use their power or the power of others to suppress testimony in an investigation because that testimony would offer nothing exculpatory and furthermore, witness tampering is a crime.

Honest and decent people do not need to hide their financial information because there is nothing larcenous or criminal to hide.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #512 on: March 08, 2020, 06:06:13 PM »
Why not just say honest and decent people don't need the bill of rights?

Like say Cuba.  :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #513 on: March 08, 2020, 06:12:57 PM »

Because contempt of Congress, witness intimidation, witness tampering and obstruction of justice aren't part of the Bill of Rights? Even in Cuba?  :D

Are we done with DmonSlyr's political hijack, yet?  :old:

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #514 on: March 08, 2020, 06:32:07 PM »

So using powers not granted to private citizens to avoid investigations and the results thereof, is entrenched in the Bill of Rights? I don't think Mr. Madison was a huge fan of Kings or Emperors.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #515 on: March 08, 2020, 10:14:56 PM »
A lot of hearsay and no proof makes for a lot of wasted time. Lot of people voted in office not doing their job.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #516 on: March 09, 2020, 12:09:43 AM »

Gesundheit!
 Watch out in those lines at Cosco.   :noid

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #517 on: March 09, 2020, 02:10:33 AM »
Case.
Case.
Cluster.
Cluster.
Boom.

https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1236473220783636481

Man.  I'll sure be glad when this is all over at the end of the month.   :rofl 

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #518 on: March 09, 2020, 06:06:09 AM »
On a side note, I hope you might be coming to the Boston area some time in the future. If so, lunch is on me.

Would love to see you, my friend.  Same goes for you back in Seattle area -- lunch or dinner on me.  <S>!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #519 on: March 09, 2020, 06:40:11 AM »
Honest and decent people do not fear an investigation,

Only if they don't know what that can entail.

May you never learn first hand how law suits and legal proceedings can be used as weapons to ruin the lives even of innocent people.

I can probably find some books with examples, if you want to get a flavor for how it is done.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #520 on: March 09, 2020, 06:45:39 AM »
So using powers not granted to private citizens to avoid investigations and the results thereof, is entrenched in the Bill of Rights? I don't think Mr. Madison was a huge fan of Kings or Emperors.

I was just noticing the parallels between your stated position and the totalitarian police state mindset.

I'm not going to argue the proper response to political witch hunts. I think we agree on that, just not on who is doing it.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #521 on: March 09, 2020, 07:42:47 AM »

May you never learn first hand how law suits and legal proceedings can be used as weapons to ruin the lives even of innocent people.

I can probably find some books with examples, if you want to get a flavor for how it is done.

Plenty of example in the news the last 3 years.

And then there is asset forfeiture for the crime of carrying cash. Innocent people don't need to carry a lot of cash with them.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #522 on: March 09, 2020, 07:57:25 AM »

I appreciate the damage of civil litigation. I was referring to the rule of law. If all faith in jurisprudence is lost, you're left with anarchy.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #523 on: March 09, 2020, 08:25:11 AM »
I was just noticing the parallels between your stated position and the totalitarian police state mindset.

I'm not going to argue the proper response to political witch hunts. I think we agree on that, just not on who is doing it.

I don't think we do agree. I have no idea how a totalitarian police state factors into the discussion. I believe in due process of law. The judiciary must be independent of the legislature. The suggestion that any judicial investigation or the results thereof is a witch hunt, demeans the principal of due process.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #524 on: March 09, 2020, 08:49:10 AM »
trading halted citing concerns of oil prices and covid-19
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!