Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126207 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #570 on: March 10, 2020, 02:03:36 AM »
Fed dropped rates 3x to compensate for the subsequent economic disaster.
Trump caused the upcoming recession.

There are more things in economics and finance, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Many factors affect economies.  Some of them, such as today's level of debt, are greater creatures than a current day's transitory tariffs.  Most nations now have, thanks to institutions working at it over decades, vast and growing oceans of debt, far outside the domain of any one president or PM.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #571 on: March 10, 2020, 02:08:40 AM »
Just dont seem right.

Let me tell you about quantum mechanics, my friend.  :aok

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #572 on: March 10, 2020, 06:52:02 AM »
There are more things in economics and finance, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Many factors affect economies.  Some of them, such as today's level of debt, are greater creatures than a current day's transitory tariffs.  Most nations now have, thanks to institutions working at it over decades, vast and growing oceans of debt, far outside the domain of any one president or PM.

(Image removed from quote.)

And is why they now have or are headed to negative interest rates.

They can't even afford the interest on their mounting debt!

We are now in the same boat.

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Firetech

• Copper Member
« Reply #573 on: March 10, 2020, 07:44:07 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Calm down Kanye West.. just stating that he's the one claiming he alone gets the credit for all the growth of the stock market, in turn he gets all the blame when it goes down. Fair is fair, right?

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #574 on: March 10, 2020, 08:52:53 AM »
Calm down Kanye West.. just stating that he's the one claiming he alone gets the credit for all the growth of the stock market, in turn he gets all the blame when it goes down. Fair is fair, right?

For your position to be honest, you would have to blame him for the corona virus which is the primary cause of the stock market decline. I don't believe any honest person can blame him for a global pandemic originating out of China.  Can you honestly do that?  The answer is no isn't it. 

It's too bad this thread has turned into a toejam show of political propaganda.  There is a very serious issue with this worldwide pandemic and the party is just beginning.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #575 on: March 10, 2020, 09:09:20 AM »
Yesterday's drop had more to do with the oil war btwn Russia and Saudia Arabia than this new flu.

The flu figures into only as a factor as we are going to use less in the near future as it limits travel and activities that would use oil.

Petrol dollar and reserve currency and how they relate to this latest oil war is the bigger influence on the US stock markets IMHO.

Oil markets and the collapse of the dollar as the world's reserve currency are harder for the sheep to understand than a deadly new virus scare.

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #576 on: March 10, 2020, 09:15:01 AM »
Projecting evil intent is more DemonSlyr/Violator's thing and doesn't suit you, Shuf.

It is not I who is hoping for more deaths or appears to be based on posts.

Some of these folks need to read what they posted.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #577 on: March 10, 2020, 09:58:07 AM »
It is not I who is hoping for more deaths or appears to be based on posts.

Some of these folks need to read what they posted.

Sorry but I've managed to miss the evil intent you claim to see. Forget my encouragement to be less Violatoresque and cite what I missed so I can join in on the holier than perspective

Offline Firetech

• Copper Member
« Reply #578 on: March 10, 2020, 10:06:55 AM »
For your position to be honest, you would have to blame him for the corona virus which is the primary cause of the stock market decline. I don't believe any honest person can blame him for a global pandemic originating out of China.  Can you honestly do that?  The answer is no isn't it. 

It's too bad this thread has turned into a toejam show of political propaganda.  There is a very serious issue with this worldwide pandemic and the party is just beginning.

Blame him for the virus.. no I wouldn't. That's just silly. Some others in this thread will blame folks or numbers or lizard people in our government for it. That's just silly also. It's a stretch for a normal person to make that association but obviously you think that way so you assume everyone does. Not everyone does.
I can blame him for the slow response to it and gaffs/lies and misdirection which is causing much more concern. Again, he takes credit for everything good but assigns blame for anything bad.

Why did the oil war become such a big thing anyways. As the greatest leader ever of the most powerful nation in the world, instead of golfing (spending your tax dollars at his resort), shouldn't he have been on the phone with those 2 helping to facilitate an agreement? Instead he misdirects and says price at the pumps will be better.

Things would be better if he would just step back at a time like this, put his twitter phone down and let the actual experts (he hasn't fired yet) do their job and give us a clear road map to make it through this. That's another pipe dream I'm afraid. Imagine how much more grade school it's going to get once he's quarantined for 14 days and does nothing but twitter all day. Ugh..  :bhead

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #579 on: March 10, 2020, 10:14:51 AM »
Petrol dollar and reserve currency and how they relate to this latest oil war is the bigger influence on the US stock markets IMHO.

Not sure I agree completely. 

Lower oil prices are usually good for economic growth.  High energy prices are generally a friction.  Remember in 2007-2008 when gas spiked to over $4/gal right before things tipped over?  Final straw?
Of course low oil prices can also be caused by low economic activity so it is a complicated relationship.

The market certainly acted like it was a pile-on of the final straw on a sick camels back, but only because the virus had it already on edge.  It would not have had that effect 6 months ago.

I think you are underestimating the effect the virus will have on the economy.  I think it will  dwarf any losses from over-leveraged shale oil companies who are going to get what they deserve for taking on so much debt. 

The virus is going to be a brutal headwind to all economic activity either directly or indirectly across the board both here and abroad.  The earning seasons reports for the rest of the year are going to be blood-baths.

It might ease slightly over the summer but will return with a vengeance in the Fall before the election and grind through the holidays and isn't going to end until people have gotten an effective vaccine and feel safe again.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #580 on: March 10, 2020, 10:21:52 AM »
Blame him for the virus.. no I wouldn't. That's just silly. Some others in this thread will blame folks or numbers or lizard people in our government for it. That's just silly also. It's a stretch for a normal person to make that association but obviously you think that way so you assume everyone does. Not everyone does.
I can blame him for the slow response to it and gaffs/lies and misdirection which is causing much more concern. Again, he takes credit for everything good but assigns blame for anything bad.

Why did the oil war become such a big thing anyways. As the greatest leader ever of the most powerful nation in the world, instead of golfing (spending your tax dollars at his resort), shouldn't he have been on the phone with those 2 helping to facilitate an agreement? Instead he misdirects and says price at the pumps will be better.

Things would be better if he would just step back at a time like this, put his twitter phone down and let the actual experts (he hasn't fired yet) do their job and give us a clear road map to make it through this. That's another pipe dream I'm afraid. Imagine how much more grade school it's going to get once he's quarantined for 14 days and does nothing but twitter all day. Ugh..  :bhead

While appreciate your misdirections and clear fondness  for pointless argument to childishly thrash about , I'm not .  So if you wish to behave like a reasoned adult and have a discussion, let's do so.  Other than that I'll leave you to your own inadequacies.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #581 on: March 10, 2020, 10:25:08 AM »
While appreciate your misdirections and clear fondness  for pointless argument to childishly thrash about , I'm not .  So if you wish to behave like a reasoned adult and have a discussion, let's do so.  Other than that I'll leave you to your own inadequacies.

Little late for that. You already piled in, full bore.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #582 on: March 10, 2020, 10:35:10 AM »
Little late for that. You already piled in, full bore.

We all make choices.  He would find that people can be reasonable and discuss things like adults.  For example, I agree that the US approach of minimizing the threat is entirely wrong and will result in a lot of carnage.  He seems unable to carry on a discussion on an important matter, preferring some sort of self satisfaction by twisting about childishly and hurling petty insults.  I don't get the same satisfaction as I don't have that personal weakness.  So, my offer of reasoned rational discussion stands, I'm out on the childish response he will most likely follow on with which is a waste of everyone's time.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #583 on: March 10, 2020, 10:39:19 AM »
Literally only 21 people died, in a nursing home, mostly. In a radical left city.

Funny how people are so scared an frantic now because of a cry wolf media that hates Americans.

If this was as bad as claimed, people would be dying left and right, hospitals would be over run, and you'd be seeing leaked videos like from China.

The attack on Trump that he's not doing enough is pathetic and makes this political whether you like it or not.

the fact that some of yall dont believe in a deep state that hates Americans and wants to destroy our sovereignty is absolutely naive. Perhaps you yourself want it to fail. Again, just look at the attacks on conservatives calling us Nazis every single day. That is war talk. Look at fake hoaxes like jessie Smollett. Look at how mad they were when we killed isis leaders. Regardless of your beliefs, an evil corrupt media is manipulating you and putting you in fear. Good thing they are being sued left and right for their negligence.

Again, I think many of you are in a for a rude awakening when Durham starts indicting people and the truth comes out in court.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #584 on: March 10, 2020, 10:41:58 AM »
Finally a question that I can answer. (I am a retired airline pilot).

Jet Fuel (barely more sophisticated than Kerosene) is a hydro carbon. When a jet engine burns (oxidizes) a hydro carbon, one of the byproducts (an incidental or secondary product made in the manufacture or synthesis of something else) is water.
The jet thrust is intensely powerful so as it expels the water created in the combustion, it expands rapidly causing extremely fast cooling. That combined with the usual extreme cold at altitude (typically -60ish), creates a stream of ice crystals.
Whether that contrail 1:appears at all or 2: appears to be very short or 3: seems to last over the horizon, is strictly a function of the relative humidity of the airmass that the jet is flying through. Contrails can only occur in a relatively "wet" airmass. If the air is more normally quite dry at high altitude, the ice crystals sublimate into the atmosphere quite quickly... hence a very short trail or none at all.
You may have seen a jet ""conning" quite dramatically then suddenly stop. That's usually a sign that the jet has transitioned into a far dryer airmass... that often occurs when you are watching a jet that is still climbing.

Busher,you used a big word,sublimate..... Might have been better to say matter changed from a solid to a gas and skipped the liquid part.

You know like when Mom hung the laundry to dry in the winter,the clothes froze but were dry when brought in...amazing when facts and physics come into play.

:salute

PS: I find it strange when one thinks the only solution is to illuminate fellow countrymen,if they're left they just arent right.