Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126207 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #720 on: March 12, 2020, 09:44:17 AM »
Heard if spread in US matches Italy we will be out of open hospital beds by mid May

Not to mention respiratory equipment needed for the sickest

Praying this is not the case

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #721 on: March 12, 2020, 09:45:00 AM »
Mar 9
5/ Patients above 65 or younger with comorbidities are not even assessed by ITU, I am not saying not tubed, I’m saying not assessed and no ITU staff attends when they arrest.

I think they will need much armed protection in U.S. Hospitals with this being the treatment plan.

If you're old and over 65, or have a chronic condition at any age, you're not worth the time or effort so crawl off somewhere and die so we can give the respirator or crash cart to the 35 yr old junkie in the corner.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #722 on: March 12, 2020, 09:56:07 AM »
Mar 9
5/ Patients above 65 or younger with comorbidities are not even assessed by ITU, I am not saying not tubed, I’m saying not assessed and no ITU staff attends when they arrest.

I think they will need much armed protection in U.S. Hospitals with this being the treatment plan.

If you're old and over 65, or have a chronic condition at any age, you're not worth the time or effort so crawl off somewhere and die so we can give the respirator or crash cart to the 35 yr old junkie in the corner.

Red - If you're a junkie, or have any other health condition, you're at the bottom of the list for tubes and incubation.

This goes back to combat first aid 101. You tend to who you have the best chance of making it. And doctors can see/detect a junkie as soon as they enter the door. They'll be shown to a gurney, and left.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 10:09:24 AM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #723 on: March 12, 2020, 10:05:30 AM »
Strange to me how the virus is spreading and killing people there compared to the virus in America. I'd expect the rest of Europe to do the same, but it's not. Who are these people dying? The spread of this virus is very strange to me.

There are suspicions there are more than one variant.  Virus' love to mutate.  It is their super-power.  It could be that Italy and Iran have mutated strains.

A lot can simply be where you are on the timeline.  At first, exponential curves never looks scary. 

Case.
Case.
Cluster.
Cluster.
Boom.

By the time you hit the "Boom", most people are just wrapping their heads around whats going on.   They are left flat-footed thinking this was just another Flu season.  They are left confused and shell-shocked wondering WTF just happened.  People can intuitively grasp  linear progression, but they always vastly underestimate exponential growth unless they sit and do the math.

It's not going to be over by the end of March DmonSlyr, as much as I'd like you to be right once in your life.

I suspect the end of March is about when our curve starts to bend upward. 

I fear its going to be really bad.  And we are not ready.  Not near ready.  Not even in the ballpark.

Our clown show can't even get test kits distributed and leadership knew about this threat since late Dec.  We've test 5000 in a country of 330 million.  Besides, experts have know something like this was coming for decades.  We've had several trial runs.  Eventually one was going to be the big Kahuna.  It was absolutely inevitable and everyone knew it.

Absorb this into your little monkey brain....

We have somewhere around a 1 million hospital bed capacity in this country.
 About 2% of that ICU capacity.
700,000 of those beds are normally occupied at any one time. 
We only have about 300,000 open hospital beds available.  A very small percentage of that ICU.

Conservative estimates suggest that we might see 48 million cases severe enough to need hospitalization in the country over the next 7 months.

There is not going to be enough hospital capacity to help everyone who is in dire need.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 10:07:59 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #724 on: March 12, 2020, 10:12:25 AM »

There is not going to be enough hospital capacity to help everyone who is in dire need.

Hence the combat first aid 101 approach...you save only those who have the best chance of making it.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #725 on: March 12, 2020, 10:19:02 AM »
Hence the combat first aid 101 approach...you save only those who have the best chance of making it.

Medical teams are trained in triage for mass causality scenarios. 

The rub, is that many are going to die that didn't need to, only because they couldn't get proper care.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #726 on: March 12, 2020, 10:38:14 AM »
Starting to sound like most of the AH community is going to die off. Talk about a super bummer thread.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #728 on: March 12, 2020, 10:40:41 AM »
Media has everyone paranoid and acting like its doomsday
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #729 on: March 12, 2020, 10:43:57 AM »
Unnerving reports from Italy show that when the virus hits the susceptible population groups the device that becomes the decider between life and death is a ventilator. Unfortunately they are in short supply.

i feel like the america i was promised when i was younger would be cranking out ventilators, and coronavirus tests.
I mean china built a bunch of extra hospitals in time to be of use without any extra warning.

crap even south korea, In South Korea, more than 66,650 people were tested within a week of its first case of community transmission, and it quickly became able to test 10,000 people a day.

meanwhile in the u.s. ...It has not always been so challenging to get estimates of the number of Americans tested. Throughout February, the CDC published a regular tally of Americans who had been tested for the pathogen. Last Saturday, that figure was 472.

Then the agency stopped updating the tally. It did not publish new numbers of how many Americans had been tested for the virus on Sunday or Monday, as public criticism of the sluggish response to the disease began to mount. On Tuesday, it announced that it would stop publishing the figure altogether.

i fail to understand how we are incapable of doing better than china, or south korea

the usa is supposed to be the greatest nation on earth.
"fly as far as you can into the crash"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #730 on: March 12, 2020, 10:47:40 AM »
DS. ;)

Offline noman

• Copper Member
      • http://yahoo.com
« Reply #731 on: March 12, 2020, 10:56:48 AM »
M-O-O-N that spells we are all in deep doo-doo. Still not feeling that pull to Vegas but have been having a weird dream of an Old Black Lady playing Guitar in A corn field talking about Nebraska.
Quote by Delirium:
Frankly, I'd rather be a fluffer at a gay porcupine film company than be a CM.
God bless the CMs for putting up with this community.
Sic Pups        MA
412th FNVG   FSO

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #732 on: March 12, 2020, 11:16:12 AM »

There are suspicions there are more than one variant.  Virus' love to mutate.  It is their super-power.  It could be that Italy and Iran have mutated strains.

A lot can simply be where you are on the timeline.  At first, exponential curves never looks scary. 

Case.
Case.
Cluster.
Cluster.
Boom.

By the time you hit the "Boom", most people are just wrapping their heads around whats going on.   They are left flat-footed thinking this was just another Flu season.  They are left confused and shell-shocked wondering WTF just happened.  People can intuitively grasp  linear progression, but they always vastly underestimate exponential growth unless they sit and do the math.

It's not going to be over by the end of March DmonSlyr, as much as I'd like you to be right once in your life.

I suspect the end of March is about when our curve starts to bend upward. 

I fear its going to be really bad.  And we are not ready.  Not near ready.  Not even in the ballpark.

Our clown show can't even get test kits distributed and leadership knew about this threat since late Dec.  We've test 5000 in a country of 330 million.  Besides, experts have know something like this was coming for decades.  We've had several trial runs.  Eventually one was going to be the big Kahuna.  It was absolutely inevitable and everyone knew it.

Absorb this into your little monkey brain....

We have somewhere around a 1 million hospital bed capacity in this country.
 About 2% of that ICU capacity.
700,000 of those beds are normally occupied at any one time. 
We only have about 300,000 open hospital beds available.  A very small percentage of that ICU.

Conservative estimates suggest that we might see 48 million cases severe enough to need hospitalization in the country over the next 7 months.

They literally had a simulation of the Corona virus pandemic 6 weeks before it supposedly started. Thos video shows actual speeches and responses from event 201.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #733 on: March 12, 2020, 11:23:32 AM »
There was in fact an exercise (called “Event 201”) that took place in October that was hosted by the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security — which the Gates Foundation participated in — that focused on emergency preparedness in the event of a “very severe pandemic.” But it didn’t deal with 2019-nCoV, and it didn’t make real-life predictions about death tolls.

“To be clear, the Center for Health Security and partners did not make a prediction during our tabletop exercise. For the scenario, we modeled a fictional coronavirus pandemic, but we explicitly stated that it was not a prediction,” the center said in a statement. “Instead, the exercise served to highlight preparedness and response challenges that would likely arise in a very severe pandemic. We are not now predicting that the nCoV-2019 outbreak will kill 65 million people. Although our tabletop exercise included a mock novel coronavirus, the inputs we used for modeling the potential impact of that fictional virus are not similar to nCoV-2019.”

In other words, the event centered on a made-up coronavirus — and not one with the same features of the virus currently spreading. The fictionalized scenario involved a disease starting in pig farms in Brazil and spreading around the world, leading to 65 million deaths. Again, that was all made up for the simulation. Videos of, and information on, the event are easily accessible online; the Center for Health Security has hosted similar events in the past, too.
"fly as far as you can into the crash"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #734 on: March 12, 2020, 11:35:51 AM »
There was in fact an exercise (called “Event 201”) that took place in October that was hosted by the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security — which the Gates Foundation participated in — that focused on emergency preparedness in the event of a “very severe pandemic.” But it didn’t deal with 2019-nCoV, and it didn’t make real-life predictions about death tolls.

“To be clear, the Center for Health Security and partners did not make a prediction during our tabletop exercise. For the scenario, we modeled a fictional coronavirus pandemic, but we explicitly stated that it was not a prediction,” the center said in a statement. “Instead, the exercise served to highlight preparedness and response challenges that would likely arise in a very severe pandemic. We are not now predicting that the nCoV-2019 outbreak will kill 65 million people. Although our tabletop exercise included a mock novel coronavirus, the inputs we used for modeling the potential impact of that fictional virus are not similar to nCoV-2019.”

In other words, the event centered on a made-up coronavirus — and not one with the same features of the virus currently spreading. The fictionalized scenario involved a disease starting in pig farms in Brazil and spreading around the world, leading to 65 million deaths. Again, that was all made up for the simulation. Videos of, and information on, the event are easily accessible online; the Center for Health Security has hosted similar events in the past, too.

Okay, so how can there possibly be such a "terrible and poor" response to the outbreak according to our media, if top of the line, prestine, super intelligent officials of John's Hopkins and the Gates foundation, had a simulation similar to the outbreak now? Wouldn't they have already had a plan?

Instead what you are seeing is fear based propaganda by the same media companies that promote Bill Gates and the George Soros agenda. Shouldn't they say, gee well we had a simulation on this, let's do some of things talked about? Where are these officials now? What are they doing now?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion