Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126195 times)

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #870 on: March 14, 2020, 01:00:41 PM »
or has been watching too much Fox News.

I guess I don't get it, well written but just had to throw in this, not going to ask why but it just seems so out of place to be shooting insults at a time like this

Hungry
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #871 on: March 14, 2020, 01:26:47 PM »
I guess I don't get it, well written but just had to throw in this, not going to ask why but it just seems so out of place to be shooting insults at a time like this

Hungry

I should have narrowed that to mostly their opinion personalities like Hannity and Ingraham, and fellow travelers like  Limbaugh.  Their hard-news division still has some semblance to professionalism.

The others have, during the early weeks, consistently tried to discount the true risk and suggest that it was all hoax being driven by the MSM and liberals to hurt Trump.  Their favorite trope that you saw parroted in this thread that this was just another seasonal flu.  No worse than a bad cold.    Oddly with the exception of Tucker.  He seems to be slowly grasping this might get bad.  He had started to question the administration's claims of containment and low risk.  I guess stupid has some limit.  :D 

Carlson criticizes those who "have spent weeks minimizing what is clearly a very serious problem."
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1237168613884387330
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 01:36:19 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #872 on: March 14, 2020, 01:49:40 PM »
Ya'll have 'ketchup potato chips?'

Ohhh yes. Plus a very yummy All Dressed, Buffalo Wing & Blue Cheese, and Dill flavoured chips. Quite delicious.  :x

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #873 on: March 14, 2020, 01:52:19 PM »
Ohhh yes. Plus a very yummy All Dressed, Buffalo Wing & Blue Cheese, and Dill flavoured chips. Quite delicious.  :x

Can these be ordered online for shipping to Texas? Do ya'll have TP?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #874 on: March 14, 2020, 01:53:05 PM »

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #875 on: March 14, 2020, 01:56:50 PM »
Can these be ordered online for shipping to Texas? Do ya'll have TP?

Chances are, your toilet paper is from Canada. And chances are, we're in big-time over-production mode. Don't worry, it'll reappear soon.

As for chips, sure, I'll fire off a few bags. :D
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #876 on: March 14, 2020, 02:01:04 PM »
Chances are, your toilet paper is from Canada. And chances are, we're in big-time over-production mode. Don't worry, it'll reappear soon.

As for chips, sure, I'll fire off a few bags. :D

This would be all three flavors in one chip?  :D

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #877 on: March 14, 2020, 02:20:29 PM »

Death toll in US is currently 55

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #878 on: March 14, 2020, 02:22:18 PM »
I should have narrowed that to mostly their opinion personalities like Hannity and Ingraham, and fellow travelers like  Limbaugh.  Their hard-news division still has some semblance to professionalism.

The others have, during the early weeks, consistently tried to discount the true risk and suggest that it was all hoax being driven by the MSM and liberals to hurt Trump.  Their favorite trope that you saw parroted in this thread that this was just another seasonal flu.  No worse than a bad cold.    Oddly with the exception of Tucker.  He seems to be slowly grasping this might get bad.  He had started to question the administration's claims of containment and low risk.  I guess stupid has some limit.  :D 

Carlson criticizes those who "have spent weeks minimizing what is clearly a very serious problem."
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1237168613884387330

Every channel has their opinion personalities, I watch Fox CNN NBC and my local WGN, I throw it all in a pot, scramble it up until I get a somewhat believable average. Its the only way.  I do think having this happen during an election year has definitely brought out the worst in all of us.

Time will tell and you'll never hear an apology from anyone, it is the "Political Coved-19 virus", no doubt, only time will tell which side was right

added, I do like to watch the BBC and a French news channel cant think of the name on cable, its interesting to see how other countries view us and interpret our issues.
Hungry
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 02:29:49 PM by Hungry »

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #879 on: March 14, 2020, 02:38:17 PM »
Regardless of what station hes on this guy I think seems to be the most level headed straightforward of the bunch

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fauci-cautions-150-million-coronavirus-estimate

Dr Anthony Fauci

“I think we really need to be careful with those kinds of predictions, because that's based on a model," Fauci replied.
"So, all models are as good as the assumptions that you put into the model ... it's unpredictable. So, testing now is not going to tell me how many cases you are going to have. What will tell you what you’re going to have will be how you respond to it with containment and mitigation,” he continued.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #880 on: March 14, 2020, 02:40:59 PM »
Ya'll have 'ketchup potato chips?'

My wife and I were watching an anime series.  They had consume-flavored potato chips!  My wife afterwards got some from the local asian market.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #881 on: March 14, 2020, 02:43:03 PM »
My wife and I were watching an anime series.  They had consume-flavored potato chips!  My wife afterwards got some from the local asian market.

That probably has anti-corona properties.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #882 on: March 14, 2020, 02:49:11 PM »
That probably has anti-corona properties.

Unfortunately, no vitamin D.  But, chock full of deliciousness!  And lack of stress helps the immune system.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #884 on: March 14, 2020, 03:10:01 PM »
Or maybe it's this:

https://medium.com/incerto/the-intellectual-yet-idiot-13211e2d0577#.ntt8r6u7f

I believe the theory that idiots that shun intelligence have as much if not more sense than the 'densest' of intellectuals has been thoroughly debunked.