Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126191 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #885 on: March 14, 2020, 03:12:11 PM »
Regardless of what station hes on this guy I think seems to be the most level headed straightforward of the bunch

I have a lot of respect for Dr. Fauci.  But he didn't say that estimate was in error.  And you'd have to be just as "careful" with any estimate less than that as well. 

All you can do is look at the range of outcomes in other populations and draw reasonable parallels.  That ranges from Italy to S. Korea.

I expect we will land on the worse end of that scale.  S. Korea is getting a handle on it because they stomped on the very beginning exponential curve with all out national war-time mobilization.  We squandered a month at least. 

First mistake was not to at least initially accept the WHO test kit and go massive nation-wide random testing to locate and target the very early forming clusters.  The current protocol was to wait until a victim shows up at a hospital with severe symptoms and then still have to fight to get a test.  By that time that person has self-identified, they've probably already been infecting others for a week.  That is INSANE.

Instead we rejected the WHO kit and tried to make our own.  Then flubbed that and had to recall them and start over.  Weeks of wasted time.  Critical weeks.

S. Korea is a small country than ours, but we have vastly larger resources.  If they are testing 10,000 a day, we ought to be able to test 50,000-80,000.  Last I saw we had tested around 5000.  S. Korea is like 200,000.  I'm embarrassed for our country.

Supposedly kits are getting distributed now put we've wasted vital time to catch this before the curve goes ballistic. 

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-how-many-coronavirus-tests-per-capita-have-been-completed

Clown show.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #886 on: March 14, 2020, 03:30:50 PM »
Time will tell and for me I will hope for the best but be as prepared as I can incase of the worst, I'm the father / grandfather of 5 children they all have spouses and 9 grandchildren, its a great group with our friends at the family parties we hold here at the house. If I get exited they all get exited, the trick is to remain calm, don't dwell on the negatives and quietly be as prepared as possible. 

Its funny but this was todays bible verse

Psalms 133:1
1. Behold how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity

Not to say we should all think the same way, but more when we all act in unity towards a common goal and that is what we need now

Hungry
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #887 on: March 14, 2020, 03:41:14 PM »
Fauci has a history of being wrong and doing an about face when it's proven.

I saw it in person when hanging out with his son in the 1980s.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 04:50:38 PM by icepac »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #888 on: March 14, 2020, 03:44:03 PM »
1. Behold how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity

Nice.  Let's hope it's not " like wheat before the scythe."

Stay smart.  Stay safe.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #889 on: March 14, 2020, 04:27:44 PM »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #890 on: March 14, 2020, 04:32:47 PM »
I believe the theory that idiots that shun intelligence have as much if not more sense than the 'densest' of intellectuals has been thoroughly debunked.

Idiots, by definition, don't have much sense.  (The converse requires no debunking, even by whatever you consider to be proof -- such as newspaper headlines, social-media memes, or some ridiculous fluff paper by a group of hacks.  ;))

Taleb isn't saying that non-intellectual idiots have more sense than intellectual idiots.

He is saying that average Americans are not idiots, and have more sense than idiots, even intellectual ones.

He is also saying that countries have an over-layer enriched with such intellectual yet idiots, who feel that they are smarter than you and I, that they know better than you and I how to run our lives, and that you and I should obediently and gratefully accept their instruction.

Arlo, you are rejecting the teachings of the high-tier intellectual, Taleb -- a man of lofty education; a man of great and demonstrated intelligence; and a man of luminous scientific, academic, and professional accomplishment; and a best-selling author of numerous intellectual tomes.

Maybe he knows better than you what you should think.  ;)

PS:  In these touchy times, Arlo, I hope that you know I like you a lot  :aok, and trading barbs is I hope all in good fun.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #891 on: March 14, 2020, 04:41:05 PM »
PS:  In these touchy times, Arlo, I hope that you know I like you a lot  :aok, and trading barbs is I hope all in good fun.

I've always liked you, too, Brooke. Likely always will.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #892 on: March 14, 2020, 04:43:41 PM »
Stay smart.  Stay safe.

You too bub

Hungry

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #893 on: March 14, 2020, 04:54:08 PM »

:rofl  :aok

Not just Corona, but Corona Extra!  :aok

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #894 on: March 14, 2020, 04:58:39 PM »
Fauci has a history of being wrong and doing an about face when it's proven.

I saw it in person when hanging out with his son in the 1980s.

Wow interesting, at least this time around he appears to be a calming force. Based on your comment I did a little looking around, he's got an overall very good track record but one complaint against him is that he can be a "company man at times" is that your impression?

Hungry
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 05:03:29 PM by Hungry »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #895 on: March 14, 2020, 04:58:45 PM »
Still just trickles. The stores are opening at 8 and closing at 8 since the run on stock. Hope folks have good freezers for all they stocked up on.

The stores will get restocked and be slow for awhile.

Still do not know anyone with symptoms or anyone that knows anyone with symptoms. Yall keep hoping though.  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #896 on: March 14, 2020, 05:06:31 PM »
Yall keep hoping though.  :aok

Keep making yourself feel better!  :aok

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #897 on: March 14, 2020, 05:20:11 PM »
I admit it.  I'm a sucker for gallows-humor.  What else can you do sometimes but laugh.  :D

https://twitter.com/FullFrontalSamB/status/1238555535261270023

my favorite:

Well, maybe this one:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 05:27:48 PM by CptTrips »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #898 on: March 14, 2020, 05:32:30 PM »
I believe the theory that idiots that shun intelligence have as much if not more sense than the 'densest' of intellectuals has been thoroughly debunked.

You're mixing up intellectual and intelligent and arguing a point the article didn't make, which supports the actual point of the article Brooke linked.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #899 on: March 14, 2020, 05:37:44 PM »
You're mixing up intellectual and intelligent and arguing a point the article didn't make, which supports the actual point of the article Brooke linked.

Not really. Just observing this administration, senate majority and house minority. Glad they don't let no intellectuals get in the way of their amazing agenda.