Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126214 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #945 on: March 14, 2020, 10:27:35 PM »

For all you who think this is all a MSM/Obama/Soros plot and it is all being made up and anyone who is trying to convey the danger of the situation, so we can know what they are facing, is just panicking; this should be an interesting read.

This is the Nation Review.  Probably the premier Conservative publication in our country.  More so than Washington Times, more so than WSJ.  Founded by the father of the modern American Conservative movement, William F. Buckley.

So, it's not like I'm quoting MSNBC or something:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/coronavirus-vs-the-flu-the-difference-between-a-1-and-0-1-fatality-rate-is-huge/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=right-rail&utm_content=corner&utm_term=first

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #946 on: March 15, 2020, 12:01:04 AM »
I spent 14 days in ICU, in isolation, in January due to double pneumonia RSV, died from a heart attack the second day and was revived.  TRUST ME... You do not want to end up in there especially when toejam is hitting the fan. The amount of gowns, face masks, gloves etc they go through for one patient in isolation per day is incredible.  If things do go bad it is going to stress the system beyond belief.  Everyone just be smart and do not add to the problem.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #947 on: March 15, 2020, 12:09:01 AM »
For all you who think this is all a MSM/Obama/Soros plot and it is all being made up and anyone who is trying to convey the danger of the situation, so we can know what they are facing, is just panicking; this should be an interesting read.

This is the Nation Review.  Probably the premier Conservative publication in our country.  More so than Washington Times, more so than WSJ.  Founded by the father of the modern American Conservative movement, William F. Buckley.

So, it's not like I'm quoting MSNBC or something:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/coronavirus-vs-the-flu-the-difference-between-a-1-and-0-1-fatality-rate-is-huge/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=right-rail&utm_content=corner&utm_term=first

1.4 Billion Chinese with a majority located high density areas. The US is spread out with only 345 Million People, why would there be more infections in the US than in other Countries?

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #948 on: March 15, 2020, 03:00:49 AM »
I spent 14 days in ICU, in isolation, in January due to double pneumonia RSV, died from a heart attack the second day and was revived.  TRUST ME... You do not want to end up in there especially when toejam is hitting the fan. The amount of gowns, face masks, gloves etc they go through for one patient in isolation per day is incredible.  If things do go bad it is going to stress the system beyond belief.  Everyone just be smart and do not add to the problem.

Ye gods -- Fencer, I'm so sorry to hear that, but very glad that you are still with us.  Wishing you well, my friend.

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #949 on: March 15, 2020, 04:55:52 AM »
All you are doing is irrationally feeding paranoia which leads to irrational panic. You and people like you are every bit as dangerous as the virus. Maybe even moreso
I am with DREDIOCK on this one. High fatality rate among old and people with weak health does not seem like it would have a very big impact on economy. What does have a big impact is current reaction like shutting businesses down because one worker had contact with someone who had contact with someone who had the virus etc. People buying all the stuff irrationally and throwing a lot away later is probably going to drive prices up etc. People who lose jobs in tourism could probably get jobs in other areas that are getting more popular, like food courier delivery etc. I have been living with 2 week emergency supply in mind for years because many countries have suggested that for their citizens for years. I have been cycling through all six shopping centres in my town for years to renew my supply with products that have a long expiry date if I used something and knew most their selection by memory. A lot of stuff with long expiration date had been sitting on shelves for ever so the expiration date was not that long anymore. I doubt consumption of food products went up, so why were all those products with short expiry dates bought? Why are there empty bread shelves when bread goes bad in a short amount of time? Sure one can dry it and make long lasting products out of it, but crispbread shelves were full.

Coronavirus chaos video on penguinz0 channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A3_gfR0gyM
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 04:58:02 AM by asterix »
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #950 on: March 15, 2020, 07:19:51 AM »
so why were all those products with short expiry dates bought? Why are there empty bread shelves when bread goes bad in a short amount of time? Sure one can dry it and make long lasting products out of it, but crispbread shelves were full.

The herd mentality went Full Retard, that's why.

They are shooting themselves in the foot, applying rock salt to the wound, then applying aloe vera to their neighbors neck to heal it.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #951 on: March 15, 2020, 07:24:44 AM »
You can throw loaves of bread in the freezer to keep them quite a while, Thawing them out has no ill affects on the quality
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #952 on: March 15, 2020, 07:29:25 AM »
You can throw loaves of bread in the freezer to keep them quite a while, Thawing them out has no ill affects on the quality

His point was that folks are buying, in massive amounts, stuff that goes off very quickly.  He just used bread as an example. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #953 on: March 15, 2020, 08:15:33 AM »

Glad you're OK.  :aok

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #954 on: March 15, 2020, 08:19:11 AM »
1.4 Billion Chinese with a majority located high density areas. The US is spread out with only 345 Million People, why would there be more infections in the US than in other Countries?

Projections are that in the US and parts of Europe we will experience something like what Italy is going through.  Not the cluster F* that China or Iran went through.

I posted this before:
https://theintercept.com/2020/03/12/italy-coronavirus-united-states-preparedness/

More than 15,000 people have tested positive for the new coronavirus in Italy, more than 1,000 have died, and hospitals are at a breaking point. Hundreds of medical staff have been infected, and overwhelmed doctors are reporting having to choose which patients to treat. They are begging the rest of the world to take this virus more seriously. The entire country — 60.5 million people — has been on lockdown for almost a week.

And yet this morning I read this:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/wisconsin-midwest-coronavirus-response

... in Forest county, on Wisconsin’s northern border, the health department makes no mention of the virus on its website and has no notices at its offices. Its most recent public health alert is for eastern equine encephalitis and the front of its website features an appeal for drivers to take drinkers home from bars in order to cut road deaths.

On Friday, the staff said the health director was having the day off and preparing to go away for the weekend.

The office of the mayor of Crandon, the Forest county seat of about 1,900 people, said he was in Florida for two weeks.

And here in the US the level of incompetency at the the federal level continues to be breath taking:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/coronavirus-governor-pritzker-trump-shit-together-airports-chicago-ohare

https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/1239012399287599105

COVID-19 CHAOS: People traveling through O’Hare waiting in line for hours to go through customs.

Many worried about their health because they are standing next to hundreds of people and feel they can’t social distance themselves.

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #955 on: March 15, 2020, 08:20:48 AM »

How are you doing now?
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #956 on: March 15, 2020, 08:25:24 AM »

And here in the US the level of incompetency at the the federal level continues to be breath taking:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/coronavirus-governor-pritzker-trump-shit-together-airports-chicago-ohare

You have to remember that is our wonderful governor of Illinois. He has the same amount of common sense as a pile of horse crap, and thats an insult to the horse crap
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #957 on: March 15, 2020, 09:09:35 AM »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #958 on: March 15, 2020, 09:13:44 AM »
For those who feel they could never 'over-prepare' for the coming zombie apocalypse:

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #959 on: March 15, 2020, 09:42:32 AM »
I am with DREDIOCK on this one.

People have many weaknesses.  Like Recency Bias.  When the world changes suddenly out from under people, most have a hard time accepting it.    That's why the first phase of Loss/Grief Processing is "Denial".  People expect the world to roll along pretty much the way it was yesterday, last week, last year.  That can't all change over night.  Surely not.  Sorry, but life as you have know it is about to be put on pause for a while.  Maybe 12 months or more.  Start dealing with it.

The next phase is Anger.  So it's easier for people like Drediock and Shuffler to attack the people bringing them the information they don't want to hear, than it is to just face threat itself.  It serves an emotional need.  I guess it makes them feel temporarily empowered  in a largely powerless situation.  So insult the people trying to get through to you this is not just the Flu.  Insult the people trying to stock up for long periods of home-bound self-isolation.  Call everyone the stupid panicking herd.  If it makes you feel better, knock yourself out.  :D  But it's not going to alter the outcome.

The next phase is Bargaining.  OK. OK.  When you realize you can neither ignore or insult this threat away, it's time to bargain.  What if we close the schools?  What if we stay home from work?  What if we cancel sporting events?  What if we promise to wash our hands 4 times a day?  All these things are good, but it's not going to make the threat go away.  It's not going to avoid the pain that is coming.  Through massive effort and sacrifice we might can shift the curve from exponential to geometric.  Sorry, it's not going linear.  That's not how infectious disease works.  But exponential to geometric is not nothing.  That would be saving thousands of lives. It's worth the effort.  It's the only thing we can do at this point.  The only time we could have really changed the outcome was in the early hours/days/weeks.  That window has closed.  We flubbed it. 

The next phase is Depression.  It's going to get ugly over the next 12 months.  There is no painless way out of this.  There will be pain from the loss of life of friends, and family.  There will be pain from the economic disruption. There will be pain from the sense of powerlessness.  There will be pain from regret of not having taken this more serious and not done the things that could have really helped in the window when it was still possible.  There is going to be pain.  Sorry.  I wish I could wave a magic wand and we all avoid that.

Finally there will be Acceptance.  It is what it is.  It is not going to be an Extinction Level Event, but it's not going to be the seasonal Flu.  It only ends two ways:

1.  The infections progress until "herd immunity" level is achieved.  Given the currently measured R0, that would require the infection of about 80% of the population.  Given the CFR, that path would create a lot of mass hospitalizations and fatalities.

2.  Mitigation strategies, and draconian quarantines, maybe if we are lucky, pharma that can weaken the virus might help us hold the worst of the illness at bay long enough to get an induced immunity from a vaccine.  But realistically, that will still be 12 to 24 months away.  I think it is irresponsible to lead people to think we could realistically get a vaccine sooner, but please, prove me wrong.  I think an effective vaccine is the only way we get out of this.

Either way, the social and financial and  economic repercussions of this infection are going to be significant.  Like generationally significant.

P.S.  I hope in 12 months I can come back to this thread and you can all laugh at me for having been completely wrong.

"When a danger is growing exponentially, everything looks fine until it doesn’t."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 10:19:17 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.